Gilmer vs Sweetwater

tennisbc

25 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Beg to differ, he was born in Gilmer. Probably my favorite artist of all time. I did say "come out of".

Dang you made me go to Wikipedia. All these years and I didn't know he was born in Gilmer. I have a buddy that grew up in Hughes Springs. When he was a senior a little local band played their prom. Name of the band was either 4 speeds or 4 tops, I can't remember. Lead vocalist in that little band, none other than Don Henley.

20 minutes ago, losteraussie said:

Dang you made me go to Wikipedia. All these years and I didn't know he was born in Gilmer. I have a buddy that grew up in Hughes Springs. When he was a senior a little local band played their prom. Name of the band was either 4 speeds or 4 tops, I can't remember. Lead vocalist in that little band, none other than Don Henley.

Got tickets to see him in Sugarland, January 2017. Love the guy.

5 hours ago, robanadana said:

BTW, I sure would like to see a WOS / Gilmer rematch!

First things first. You know that counting chickens thing. I think we will both be ok. But we got to play the game. Getting excited though. Hopefully I'm in a good mood Saturday so I can go watch the CS/Carthage game in Frisco!!!

Sorry we didn't hold up our end of the bargain. I never said we could beat you guys. Just said we wanted a chance. Sweetwater had our number last night. We were well scouted and it seemed as if they new every play. They dropped 8 guys into coverage early and for some reason we just completely gave up on the run . But anyway, there's no excuses from me. They kicked our tail and.made us like it. So good luck to the Mustangs next week. Both of them!!! I'll be watching on the TV. Time to go kill a truckload of deer now. 

To be honest I want to be there. But the company I work for shuts down every year for 2 weeks at Christmas and we have a big Christmas party for our whole factory. And it always falls on the same dang day as the 4a championship games. So the deal is, because I am the Plant Manager, that if Gilmer is in the finals, I get to go. If we get beat, I have to stay and MC the party. That's the only reason I  won't be there. But just as a football fan, you can bet I'll be keeping up.