3) Dayton

4) Ozen

5) Lumberton

6) Central

7) East Chambers

8) Hardin Jeff

9) Evadale

10) Hardin

Ok - tell me who I overlooked or why this list is wrong :)

Looks pretty good to me honestly. 

12 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Even though they lost to Legacy?  Or are you saying that they should be better but aren't?

Both. Even though BH lost to Legacy and BH should be better.  If I am correct, Ozen defeated Legacy 68-65, however, the opinion to date has Legacy #1 and Ozen #4?  In my opinion, Legacy earned the privilege of being considered ahead of BH because of the "W". I emphasized "should" because I find it difficult to understand how any team can lose 70-65 and allow one player to score 57 of the 70 points - all but 13.

3 hours ago, Hoopster-007 said:

Both. Even though BH lost to Legacy and BH should be better.  If I am correct, Ozen defeated Legacy 68-65, however, the opinion to date has Legacy #1 and Ozen #4?  In my opinion, Legacy earned the privilege of being considered ahead of BH because of the "W". I emphasized "should" because I find it difficult to understand how any team can lose 70-65 and allow one player to score 57 of the 70 points - all but 13.

Legacy beat Ozen last Friday in the YMBL.  But they did lose earlier in the season. 

22 minutes ago, BH85 said:

I have had the opportunity to officiate a couple of her games over the years and have watched her in others. She is one of those special high school players that you don't see very often and seems to have a turbo button that the other players don't have on the court.  

Well put.  I've often said she would be the best player on some boys' teams in our area.  Still believe that. 

Very well said. She could b a true pg or u can put her as a true sg. She sees da court very well. U c kids stay the same she progresses each year. She works on new things in the off season. And it shows why she is the number one point guard in da nation and arguably could be the number 1 player in the state. Against charlie collier bh

On December 7, 2016 at 9:43 PM, MHSBulldogs said:

How bout this to get the conversation started:

1) Legacy

2) Barbers Hill

3) Dayton

4) Ozen

5) Lumberton

6) Central

7) East Chambers

8) Hardin Jeff

9) Evadale

10) Hardin

Ok - tell me who I overlooked or why this list is wrong :)

Great idea and good looking list. 

15 hours ago, workbootz said:

I think Dayton should be #1.  They have a great 1-2 punch with  Grays and Mallet.

Dayton was 3rd last year in district and should be in the playoffs again this year.  It think if they are able to beat BH in a few weeks, then that will help people notice them.  The 3 teams above them have been seen by more local people in quality games.

Polls at the local and state level have some value, but the real value comes in getting as deep as you can in the playoffs.

Until BH is knocked off of their roost they are the clear favorite in 21-5A.  Dayton should be #2 but will struggle when playing a good sound team & lost one of the better shooters in the district to softball.  Crosby is down this yr & will be fighting for the 3rd spot with Kingwood Park who will surprise some people this yr.  Humble should take the 4th spot.  

11 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

BH vs Dayton can soon be settled on the court. Sort of the same way BH vs Legacy was decided.  Would you agree?

I agree, but it remains difficult to understand BH allowing one person to score 57 of 70 points.  Likewise, Dayton's 1-2 punch scoring 59 of the 69 total points against Humble.  I enjoyed watching both players. Clearly, they've both benefited from the off season/summer ball; and your school coach is giving them the freedom to play to the strengths of their game.  I am interested in seeing how both teams match-up, and the adjustments, if any, that will be made during the contest.  Should be a great game!