West Orange Stark vs Navarro State Semifinal

tennisbc

If you look at WO-S semi-final history, and followed close as I have you will agree these games were not for the weak of heart.  Nail biters all of them for the most part. New Braunfels (for a half) then the Kerrville Tivy series, Calallen (had to shower and wash draws after that one) and of course Sinton and Cuero. Look for more of the same this week from Navarro. 

This is probably going to be the toughest game WOS has had this year, as Navarro is arguably to 2nd toughest team in the 4A Div 2. They will need to come into this game, put their head down and don't quit until the buzzer sounds at the end of the 4th quarter. NO team gets to the semis by being a push over. Navarro is gearing up to topple the #1 team in the state. WOS needs to play hard and hand them the defeat.

On December 7, 2016 at 8:53 PM, LOKI said:

HJ will be there rooting on our district. I've read Navarro has speed. Well I can tell you that will be put to the test. WOS is loaded with speed. Does not always look like it on film. But in person. Well we all shake our heads some time. Js. Go Mustangs.

Glad y'all are coming! They do have speed but not like WOS. This is a tough team but WOS is like no other in 4a this year. Not an easy task but I believe WOS will handle Navarro quite better than some think. My prediction is WOS Scores more than 21, they don't allow more than 21, and they win by 21+. They are about to shock Navarro! Go Stangs!

10 hours ago, Majestyk said:

If you look at WO-S semi-final history, and followed close as I have you will agree these games were not for the weak of heart.  Nail biters all of them for the most part. New Braunfels (for a half) then the Kerrville Tivy series, Calallen (had to shower and wash draws after that one) and of course Sinton and Cuero. Look for more of the same this week from Navarro. 

I told a friend of mine that the other day. I've been to every game where we've played the Region 4 champ and none of them were easy games. Even though I thought going in we should handle them easily. In 2000, with the defense we had and learning that Cal Allen was a run only team, I thought we would have that game in the bag, but they were much better at it than any team we had faced. I kind of get that same feeling this week. We've seen this offense over and over, but I got a feeling they will be tougher to stop than anyone we've seen. Hope I'm wrong.

Last year, against Cuero, going in I knew they (basically) have one play and there is no way a team beats us with one play. Well.. They didn't beat us with that one play, but they dang sure gave us a scare. We just have to remain focused and expect them to be better than anyone we've played. 

50 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

This is the hidden content, please

For those who want to read.

Navarro has had two close ball games.Giddings gave them all they wanted and 2A Refugio kept them to 14 points.I'm sorry but to go up against a team that has only allowed 56 points in 14 games and those aren't all offensive points and has scored over 700 plus points and has beat everyone they have faced pretty easy it's hard to go against WO-S.They might get their yards like Liberty did but they not going to stop this offense.Cuero,Giddings and Refugio held them in check pretty much and the Stangs defense is better that them. 

9 hours ago, XX Man said:

This is probably going to be the toughest game WOS has had this year, as Navarro is arguably to 2nd toughest team in the 4A Div 2. They will need to come into this game, put their head down and don't quit until the buzzer sounds at the end of the 4th quarter. NO team gets to the semis by being a push over. Navarro is gearing up to topple the #1 team in the state. WOS needs to play hard and hand them the defeat.

Kennadale is just as good if not better.

2 hours ago, Gasilla said:

I told a friend of mine that the other day. I've been to every game where we've played the Region 4 champ and none of them were easy games. Even though I thought going in we should handle them easily. In 2000, with the defense we had and learning that Cal Allen was a run only team, I thought we would have that game in the bag, but they were much better at it than any team we had faced. I kind of get that same feeling this week. We've seen this offense over and over, but I got a feeling they will be tougher to stop than anyone we've seen. Hope I'm wrong.

Last year, against Cuero, going in I knew they (basically) have one play and there is no way a team beats us with one play. Well.. They didn't beat us with that one play, but they dang sure gave us a scare. We just have to remain focused and expect them to be better than anyone we've played. 

Don't forget get about 2005 vs wimberly.. I was not expecting that game to go the way it did

5 hours ago, Gasilla said:

Navarro will be the best Slot T team WOS faces this year. There is no doubting that. It can be stopped but this is the best team at it the Mustangs will face.

6 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

Love to see this game in person but work calls, so the next best think is listening to Gary Stelly on KOGT! That crew does an awesome job giving play by play info. I will be tuning in to KOGT and rooting for the Mustangs along with a few bruskis!! Go STANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game will be online at texanlive.com. Price is $6.95, I watched the Giddings game last week and plan on watching        tomorrow night. #MustangNation

Let me just throw this out there.I'm kind of tired of hearing how good this slot t team is and that they are the best team we will face to date.Like coach T says " you don't bring a mule to the Kentucky Derby " so who ever we would have got to play they wouldn't be no mule.Now I said all that to say this.This Mustang team will be the best team Navarro will have faced.Can I get an amen.lol

34 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Let me just throw this out there.I'm kind of tired of hearing how good this slot t team is and that they are the best team we will face to date.Like coach T says " you don't bring a mule to the Kentucky Derby " so who ever we would have got to play they wouldn't be no mule.Now I said all that to say this.This Mustang team will be the best team Navarro will have faced.Can I get an amen.lol

Amen!

what makes  them so drangres is there blocking skills there the best I have seen they open up big holes for there qb and rb. TEAMS have had VERY HARD TIMES GETTING OFF THERE BLOCKS to stop the run last week curo did a so so  job on there DL but ran out of steam and the LB got taken out about every play  CURO DID NOT PLAY SMART FOOTBALL things like this happen even to the best

4 minutes ago, skipper said:

what makes  them so drangres is there blocking skills there the best I have seen they open up big holes for there qb and rb. TEAMS have had VERY HARD TIMES GETTING OFF THERE BLOCKS to stop the run last week curo did a so so  job on there DL but ran out of steam and the LB got taken out about every play  CURO DID NOT PLAY SMART FOOTBALL things like this happen even to the best

Well Cuero didn't have a Mandel or Justin Brown. Double team Mandel and see what happens. You waste 2 blockers on one guy and opens it up for our others to plug the holes with one less blocker.

If it is true that DEFENSE wins’ championships, then WOS should be fine. The Mustangs are not Wharton, nor Sweeney. Cuero had the monkey on their backs because of the history of beating Narravo so many times in the past. Nobody seems to remember the Robinson team that we (WOS) faced a couple of games back, Robinson had the # 2 duel threat in Texas I believe, or maybe in the nation and WOS handled them without hesitation. We have doubters I’m not one of them. Go Mustangs, take  this game.