Briles to Houston?

Tigers2010

3 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

This is the hidden content, please

After ripping UT, Feritta makes a lot of excuses  for Art Briles. IMO, he may be trying to justify bringing in Briles to be the next HC at UH. Aside from the trashing of UT, what do you guys think the chances of Briles to UH are?

So Herman "lying" to kids. Bad.

Briiles covering up rape. OK.

Oh what a tangled web we weave....

54 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

After ripping UT, Feritta makes a lot of excuses  for Art Briles. IMO, he may be trying to justify bringing in Briles to be the next HC at UH. Aside from the trashing of UT, what do you guys think the chances of Briles to UH are?

Briles must owe some of you SETX posters money.

Briles should never coach again!!!!!

57 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Briles must owe some of you SETX posters money.

Briles should never coach again!!!!!

24 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Where in my post Mr. Fanatic, did I ever advocate for Briles to coach again?

Yeah, there are several rape apologists on this board, but I haven't seen Tigers2010 take that stance yet.  Or if he has, he hasn't gotten a taste of Whoopi's wrath yet!

3 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Yeah, there are several rape apologists on this board, but I haven't seen Tigers2010 take that stance yet.  Or if he has, he hasn't gotten a taste of Whoopi's wrath yet!

HAHA Not me, I didn't care for Briles  before the issues come out. I certainly do not defend rapists or those who do. In the article, Fertitta makes it seem like he would welcome a Briles hire, and seems to open the door to him coming to UH.

As for the Fanatic, this is not the first time he has been ignorant in terms of responding to my posts.I'm not sure what his problem is, though I have a few ideas. I'll leave it at that.

Art Briles will not return to the University of Houston.  Chancellor and President, Dr. Renu Khator will not allow that to happen.  She has worked too hard to improve the academic and athletic standards, and to improve the culture and national perception of UH to allow such a move.  If it did happen, UH would be looking for a new Chancellor and President as well as several new regents, professors, boosters, and fans.

We need to give Todd Orlando a shot to lead the football program.  He is an excellent defensive coach, recruiter, and leader.  He has a plan in place for our program.  If Major Applewhite would stay as OC, great.  If not, then Todd Orlando will find someone to keep the HTown Takeover moving forward.  Now should be the time for Todd Orlando to prove he can be a good HC.  UH did well to find Art Briles (version 1.0; not version 2.0 at Baylor), Kevin Sumlin, and Tom Herman.  Heck, even Tony Levine went 7-5, so he was not too bad of a hire.  Going forward, we can find another up and coming HC in Todd Orlando.  If he, too, leaves in 3, 4 or 5 years, so be it.  Having other programs want your HC is a lot better than no one wanting him.  At UH, we just need to keep improving our programs, facilities, and overall standards.  Move the university forward one step at a time.  Hiring Art Briles, version 2.0, is not moving forward.  I say give Todd Orlando a shot.  Just my 0.02 cents.

Go Indians...Go Coogs.  Peace. 

7 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Answer to your last question - 0% chance

simple enough!

You people crack me up.  You have no idea what kind of person Coach Briles is. You people are so stuck on listening to ESPN and ESPN only. Most people don't like Briles because he is a winner and his teams have success because of the hard work they put in to achieve success.  My Dad was an assistant coach under him and my brother played for him in High School. He is a Christian, family oriented man.  Did bad things happen under his watch? Yes and he knows that he needed to do a better job.  Did he cover-up anything? No he didn't. Look up the investigated reports by local reporters out of Waco.  Briles did not cover-up or condone such behavior. Did some of his players act like fools and do inappropriate/criminal acts? Yes. Is it Coach Briles fault? No. These young men made choices. Every choice has a consequence whether its good or bad. People say "well he brought them in." My response is every college has the same problem. Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher have brought in players that have got in trouble with the law. Look at Tennesse recently. Their situation was way worse than Baylor yet it got little attention. Our society (actually better parenting if you get down to it) has to do a better job of raising our boys to be respectful and better men.....  Briles does have a fault.  He wants to try to save every kid he comes in contact with and help them be a better person. He will tell you he is in the "kid saving business" like all teachers and coaches in our profession should be trying to do. I am a coach (Girls high school basketball coach) and I have learned from this man and my dad as well on coaching philosophy from my time spent being around him. ... Quit judging people when you have probably done worse in your own lifetime. 

3 minutes ago, Affliction said:

You people crack me up.  You have no idea what kind of person Coach Briles is. You people are so stuck on listening to ESPN and ESPN only. Most people don't like Briles because he is a winner and his teams have success because of the hard work they put in to achieve success.  My Dad was an assistant coach under him and my brother played for him in High School. He is a Christian, family oriented man.  Did bad things happen under his watch? Yes and he knows that he needed to do a better job.  Did he cover-up anything? No he didn't. Look up the investigated reports by local reporters out of Waco.  Briles did not cover-up or condone such behavior. Did some of his players act like fools and do inappropriate/criminal acts? Yes. Is it Coach Briles fault? No. These young men made choices. Every choice has a consequence whether its good or bad. People say "well he brought them in." My response is every college has the same problem. Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher have brought in players that have got in trouble with the law. Look at Tennesse recently. Their situation was way worse than Baylor yet it got little attention. Our society (actually better parenting if you get down to it) has to do a better job of raising our boys to be respectful and better men.....  Briles does have a fault.  He wants to try to save every kid he comes in contact with and help them be a better person. He will tell you he is in the "kid saving business" like all teachers and coaches in our profession should be trying to do. I am a coach (Girls high school basketball coach) and I have learned from this man and my dad as well on coaching philosophy from my time spent being around him. ... Quit judging people when you have probably done worse in your own lifetime. 

I can say I have never covered-up, asked someone to cover-up, or even been involved in the cover-up of any instance of sexual assault. AM I without sin, no. 

You do not "save" a kid by protecting them from the consequences of their wrong-doing. You tell them you love them, and support them, and be there after they have been issued their punishment.

My opinion of Briles is not relevant. He will have to answer to someone much higher up than me.

16 minutes ago, Affliction said:

Lecturing here noobie!

18 minutes ago, Affliction said:

Why don't you explain this to the victim's families?  We don't care what your thoughts are here.  We are smart enough to read the PH findings along with the police reports, etc. so we don't have to rely on ESPN.  Briles has cheated everywhere he's coached.  And if your dad was one if his assistants, there's a strong likelihood that your dad's been involved in some of this as well.  So, I wouldn't be dropping humblegrags about their relationship around here!

First off, I am a newbie only because I choose to not reply to most forums and topics. I read things on this website everyday now for quite a few years. You move up by your replies and posts.  Granted, this is an opinion site and most people do have an opinion. (I agree with some, disagree with some).  Sometimes this is worse than facebook.  Like I said I choose to not reply much because of my profession...... You are an example of your business/career you work so I am careful not to embarass it.... I will address some comments:

First, my dad or I do not condone cheating.  We do not condone breaking the law. You do not know me or my dad.  He is respected by a lot of coaches in Texas. So please do not assume or make accusations.  It is called slander and defamation of character. .... If I thought Briles tried to cover-up, I would not be taking up for him. If I thought he asked someone to cover-up, I would not be taking up for him.... I haven't personally talked to him, but I have read all the reports and the other reports that are out there.  Why did Liberty hire Ian McCaw as AD? Obviously, they investigated and found Baylor University to be more at fault. 

2nd, I feel for those victims and their families.  Those young ladies did not deserve what happened to them...... Baylor University failed them. If you want to fault Briles, go ahead but also put blame with all the administrators and all of the Board of Regents too. Blame Baylor, not Briles.......

I know some are trying to make me look insensitive and you want to look like a great person on this site. Its like facebook.  Tough on the computer only. Keyboard Cowboys obviously. 

12 minutes ago, Affliction said:

First off, I am a newbie only because I choose to not reply to most forums and topics. I read things on this website everyday now for quite a few years. You move up by your replies and posts.  Granted, this is an opinion site and most people do have an opinion. (I agree with some, disagree with some).  Sometimes this is worse than facebook.  Like I said I choose to not reply much because of my profession...... You are an example of your business/career you work so I am careful not to embarass it.... I will address some comments:

First, my dad or I do not condone cheating.  We do not condone breaking the law. You do not know me or my dad.  He is respected by a lot of coaches in Texas. So please do not assume or make accusations.  It is called slander and defamation of character. .... If I thought Briles tried to cover-up, I would not be taking up for him. If I thought he asked someone to cover-up, I would not be taking up for him.... I haven't personally talked to him, but I have read all the reports and the other reports that are out there.  Why did Liberty hire Ian McCaw as AD? Obviously, they investigated and found Baylor University to be more at fault. 

2nd, I feel for those victims and their families.  Those young ladies did not deserve what happened to them...... Baylor University failed them. If you want to fault Briles, go ahead but also put blame with all the administrators and all of the Board of Regents too. Blame Baylor, not Briles.......

I know some are trying to make me look insensitive and you want to look like a great person on this site. Its like facebook.  Tough on the computer only. Keyboard Cowboys obviously. 

Hey Hoops...care to enlighten this noob on defamation/slander requirements?  I don't know your dad and haven't brought his name into anything, therefore how can you accuse defamation or slander?  What I'm accusing you of is not being insensitive.  I'm accusing you of being a friggin rape apologist.  This topic has been discussed ad nauseam here...there's nothing more you can say to change our minds on the topic.  So go get your shinebox...

26 minutes ago, Affliction said:

10 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Hey Hoops...care to enlighten this noob on defamation/slander requirements?  I don't know your dad and haven't brought his name into anything, therefore how can you accuse defamation or slander?  What I'm accusing you of is not being insensitive.  I'm accusing you of being a friggin rape apologist.  This topic has been discussed ad nauseam here...there's nothing more you can say to change our minds on the topic.  So go get your shinebox...

DITTO 

Hookem

cougar high going after Miles or Kiffen.

Your comment "Briles has cheated everywhere he's coached.  And if your dad was one if his assistants, there's a strong likelihood that your dad's been involved in some of this as well." ....this isn't accusing or defamation? 

I didn't get on here to argue with you or anyone.  I expressed my opinion just like you. Whether you change your mind or not is irrevelant.  You have your mind made up and nothing will change that....  and that is ok.  I was taking up for Briles.  I wasn't taking up for any rapists. I am not apologizing for any rapists.  No woman should ever be treated with insensitivity and disrespect from anyone. Rape is NEVER ok.  I have daughters and I worry about them all the time.... and if something happened to them, no one would be covering up anything.  Charges would be pressed.  Media alerted immediately. As a parent, I would not be silent. I can't imagine what any of them felt or went through.....BTW,  I am a lifelong Texas Longhorn fan. Dad is a U of H grad. He loves the Cougars. See we have different opinions LOL