West Orange-Stark 48 Giddings 5/FINAL

WOSgrad

18 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

A big congrats to WOS. I know most expected them to win this game. This is such a huge accopmlishment 3 back to back to back semi finals appearences. Such a massive accomplishment. This is right their with the Lamarques and the Stephensville Yellowjackets of the 1990's SO proud you are from our area!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words. I think as Mustang fans we get spoiled and expect so much from our boys. We should not forget to stop and smell the roses. What these boys do is simply amazing. Not to mention I think we had 12 seniors on the honor roll. Forgot to look at the other classes. Proud of the Mustangs!

15 hours ago, td said:

Thanks for the kind words. I think as Mustang fans we get spoiled and expect so much from our boys. We should not forget to stop and smell the roses. What these boys do is simply amazing. Not to mention I think we had 12 seniors on the honor roll. Forgot to look at the other classes. Proud of the Mustangs!

I was thinking the same thing, td (about expectations and not appreciating the journey).  It really is amazing when the kids win a regional final by 6+ TDs and many of us (including myself) think, "well that's to be expected."  It is a testament to those kids and their coaching staff and the long hard hours they have put in for years. 

I also wanted to give a shout out to KOGT and especially Gary and John for their support and coverage of the Mustangs.  For many of us who have kids at other schools, and are playing their own games on Friday nights, it is great for us to be able to keep up with the Mustangs and get to hear the action wherever we might be.  It cracks me up when I've read critical comments about them on this site.  For my money Gary is the Craig Way of HS sports broadcasting (I.e., far and away the best!) and Kimbrough is the best color guy he's had in the 20 years I've been tuning in.  

Go take that next step Stangs in Houston on Friday!