Texas A&M Basketball 2016

PhatMack19

UCLA wins 74-67

Good, back & forth game.  UCLA is solid and will make some noise this year.  A&M's bigs can match up with anyone in the country.  They played a line up tonight with 4 players 6'10" plus.  Guard play is a pretty glaring weakness with no depth at all.  The Ags starting two guards will play most of the minutes with Gilder being the only one that can score.  A&M's size will win them a lot of games, but the guards will hold them back come tourney time.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Ags are getting smoked by Kentucky.  I don't know how Kentucky does it with all of those young guys.  

As Bandwagon Ranger explained to you, there is a difference between a team playing freshman and sophomores and a team playing freshmen and sophomores who are all first rounders, with a few lottery picks.  There are only 30 first round picks.  When 25-33% of those play for Kentucky and Duke (and add some euros in there), you do the math on the other 345 D1 teams.  So when you say Kentucky wins with freshman so don't use the "young" excuse, you are really saying you don't understand the game.  And in their case, it's not Cal coaching them up.   He wins games in recruiting.  Coach K is a different story.  Not saying Cal isn't a good coach because he is.  But he's never been an upper-echelon Xs and Os guy.  

And by the way, it's never a good sign for your team when Cal's son makes the box score... 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

And by the way, it's never a good sign for your team when Cal's son makes the box score... 

Kennedy gave this game up from the start when he trotted out the starting lineup with 2 guys that shouldn't even be in the rotation.  Maybe be was trying to prove a point by embarrassing the team on National TV.  A&M's guard play has been horrible all year.  They have no one that can bring the ball up court against pressure.  

I've never been a Kennedy fan, and I've said that on here many times.  Whatever that is they run when we have the ball can hardly be considered an offense.  Last year with 4 solid seniors his ineptitude was masked greatly. (A&M is young this year)   Next year we do have some guards coming in that should help tremendously.  A&M just needs to hope Davis and Robert Williams stay in school and they could be very good.   I would bet on the NIT this year.  

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

This is the hidden content, please

i was told last Tuesday by an Aggie player that Williams was coming back.  I didn't really believe him, thought he was being overly optimistic.   You don't come back when you are a virtual lock for the lottery.   I was wrong.  A&M could be scary good next season. 

If Davis comes back and JJ is what you claim, A&M will be challenging Kentucky for the SEC title.  

Davis is a great college player, but plays below the rim and will be a role player in the NBA.  Hopefully he comes back as well.  A shooter wouldn't hurt either.  

8 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

If Davis comes back and JJ is what you claim, A&M will be challenging Kentucky for the SEC title.  

Davis is a great college player, but plays below the rim and will be a role player in the NBA.  Hopefully he comes back as well.  A shooter wouldn't hurt either.  

Davis would be crazy to leave.  He probably wouldn't get drafted.  He will be back.  I really believe Caldwell is the truth.  Supposedly one of the main reasons Williams is coming back is he wants a chance to play with him.  And I know for a fact that was the deciding factor in Flagg signing with the Ags. 

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

I'm not sure why any athlete in any sport would want to go play for Aggie. It blows my mind. But, they will have some players next year. When they suck again, and don't win a game or two in the tourney, it will be there own fault for going to a mediocre school with below average coaching.

What school would you suggest they go to?

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

I'm not sure why any athlete in any sport would want to go play for Aggie. It blows my mind. But, they will have some players next year. When they suck again, and don't win a game or two in the tourney, it will be there own fault for going to a mediocre school with below average coaching.

When winning championships does not matter to them. 

1) Quality education at a premier research university 

2) the most active ex-students association in the workplace

3) school pride and being a part of the "12th man"

we could go on.....

On 3/29/2017 at 3:53 PM, UTfanatic said:

When winning championships does not matter to them. 

1) Quality education at a premier research university 

2) the most active ex-students association in the workplace

3) school pride and being a part of the "12th man"

we could go on.....

The new liberal school President is turning A&M into a diploma mill.  They will be at 80,000 students sooner rather than later.  Hopefully they run that guy off soon.