Hey PNG Fans!

Guest Aledoalumni

Guest Aledoalumni

Tough loss yesterday, really hoped yall won the game. I wanted to ask yalls impressions about CS. What is it going to take to beat them? What are their strengths and weaknesses? 

In my opinion the team is lead by the qb Perez they had a backup rb Anderson play against PNG but both rb's college station has are good their defense is ok not great what'll it take to beat college station a good defensive scheme don't be afraid to blitz and play assignment football. College Station will get beat by a team with a good offense and a well coached defense.

I could see them meeting Aledo in the finals and from there it's a coin toss.  I really like their physicality on defense.  They will knock the snot out of you and they gang tackle.  40 and 44 are some great line backers.  I don't think we blocked them all night which is a testament to how good their Dline is.  

All around dominating on offense.  I like the way they used the sprint out with QB to give him a pass/run option. Not a great arm, but without a speedy linebacker or ends that can run with him and force him to throw it, there's not much you can do when he tucks it and runs.  With that much space in the open field to put a move on a CB or safety that has to recognize it and get off a block, good luck!  

Their kicking game is legit to.  That could pay off well the deeper they go.

I would like to know how many returning starters they had on their team and how many years experience they have at the varsity level.  Didn't that school just open up a few years ago?  

Guest Aledoalumni
8 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

In my opinion the team is lead by the qb Perez they had a backup rb Anderson play against PNG but both rb's college station has are good their defense is ok not great what'll it take to beat college station a good defensive scheme don't be afraid to blitz and play assignment football. College Station will get beat by a team with a good offense and a well coached defense.

I know the CS qb is a good runner but can he torch you only as a passer? Also what is the strong suit of the CS defense?

Guest Aledoalumni
9 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Perez reminds me alot of Russell Wilson with his ability to run and throw outside the pocket

Do they have designed QB runs or is most of his stuff freelance?

Guest Aledoalumni

I would think CS beats FB Marshall but it will be interesting against Calallen. Calallen will grind the clock down and limit the CS possessions. Maybe that is the best way to beat those guys. Are the CS receivers good enough to beat 1 on 1? I would think having a qb spy would help against Perez. 

1 hour ago, Daenerys said:

I would think CS beats FB Marshall but it will be interesting against Calallen. Calallen will grind the clock down and limit the CS possessions. Maybe that is the best way to beat those guys. Are the CS receivers good enough to beat 1 on 1? I would think having a qb spy would help against Perez. 

Agree with the spy, I thought our defensive coaches would've been smart enough to had done this and make Perez beat you with his arm. I was impressed with his running, but wasn't very impressed with his arm. CS defense will be their Achilles Heal.

Guest Aledoalumni

I think I would also just try and see if he can beat us with his arm. We just cant let him nickel and dime us to death by picking up yards with his feet and then hitting a home run. Do you think moving forward that this team will see the big lights and it will effect them? 

From what I saw, I would do my best to take away the run and make Perez throw the ball. Man coverage and seven in the box. He and that #47 running back are dual threats...you can't key on one. The best thing about CS defensively was the Dline; they tied PNG up all night and Johnson could not get anything working. Seems to me they were willing to give up the deep ball (and did) to keep him contained. Very well coached and disciplined.

Guest Aledoalumni

I appreciate yalls opinions. I would watch the CS hudl and see highlights but they are locked. I can only go to other teams sites and see the CS lowlights lol. I was talking to someone on a different site and said it might not be a bad idea to play a 3-4(Aledo is a 4-3 team) and have our fastest LB spy the QB. Or even play a 3-3-5 and have a DB spy him. Idk, anything to make him beat us with his arm. Is there RB a homerun threat? 

36 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

I appreciate yalls opinions. I would watch the CS hudl and see highlights but they are locked. I can only go to other teams sites and see the CS lowlights lol. I was talking to someone on a different site and said it might not be a bad idea to play a 3-4(Aledo is a 4-3 team) and have our fastest LB spy the QB. Or even play a 3-3-5 and have a DB spy him. Idk, anything to make him beat us with his arm. Is there RB a homerun threat? 

Absolutely! He took it to the house twice on long runs against PNG. Your defense needs to stay very disciplined and stay in their lanes and with their assignments. Both Perez and #47 can take it to the end zone on you...very fast.

Guest Aledoalumni
2 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Absolutely! He took it to the house twice on long runs against PNG.

* Is their RB..... English is difficult lol. Anways, it seems like this offense is really tough to slow down. I bet they score 21+ the rest of the way. 

Guest Aledoalumni
11 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I would play college station with 3 defensive lineman with a standing DE/spy I would suggest pulling up Katy's state championship tape vs Lake Travis last year for a tutorial on this they did a heck of a job playing a high powered Lake Travis offense

I hope FB Marshall or the R4 winner just knocks them out and makes this thread useless. But I bet the PNG fans are cheering for CS to win it all. Stings a little less if you lose to the champ. 

2 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

* Is their RB..... English is difficult lol. Anways, it seems like this offense is really tough to slow down. I bet they score 21+ the rest of the way. 

They are a disciplined, complete football team. Not an easy win for anyone...the best 5A team I've seen this year with the exception of Manvel (Div 1). Make them pass the football. Offensively, play like the Cowboys. Possession time / control the clock. PNG could not run the football against this team due to injuries.

Guest Aledoalumni
2 minutes ago, robanadana said:

They are a disciplined, complete football team. Not an easy win for anyone...the best 5A team I've seen this year with the exception of Manvel (Div 1). Make them pass the football. Offensively, play like the Cowboys. Possession time / control the clock. PNG could not run the football against this team due to injuries.

Aledo is better on offense this year so it might be a shootout if we play. We dont really grind the clock but Calallen does. They held the ball 34 out of 48 minutes against Boerne Champion this past game.