Herman's Texas Longhorns

UTfanatic

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, UTfanatic said:

It is a shame that TEs caught 3 passes this year (2 TD)

Even Texas HS coaches know how to use TE. 

Horns up and Hookem 

Wow someone else noticed that the middle of the field is much larger than the 5 yards on each sideline. I don't remember any passes to a TE all year, much less a slant over the middle. Buechell threw his arm out with 3 games left throwing 25-30 yard sideline passes for 3 yard gains.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, PhatMack19 said:

I just now have had a chance to read some of this thread, and i have to address this twitter nonsense.   I get so sick of these thinly veiled accusations of racism that are thrown out at any and every opportunity by some people.  UT gave him three years to succeed.  he didn't.  Does this jackass think they fired Charlie Strong  because he's black?  "After three years of employment here at UT, we've come to the conclusion that Chuck Strong is black, and we're going to have to let him go."  Do you think that his 3 straight losing seasons, after texas had 3 losing seasons out of the previous 25 before he was hired, might have had something to do with it?  and were they supposed to hire another black coach just to hire a black coach?  were they supposed to wait longer to hire who they knew they wanted because the previous coach was black?  The gripe that he was replaced in two hours literally has no bearing.  they got arguably the most desired young coach in college football.  I get that there are certainly some racist boosters involved at the program, but in 2015 UT boasted a black head football coach, a black head basketball coach, and a Hispanic head baseball coach.  How many major colleges can boast that?

21 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I just now have had a chance to read some of this thread, and i have to address this twitter nonsense.   I get so sick of these thinly veiled accusations of racism that are thrown out at any and every opportunity by some people.  UT gave him three years to succeed.  he didn't.  Does this jackass think they fired Charlie Strong  because he's black?  "After three years of employment here at UT, we've come to the conclusion that Chuck Strong is black, and we're going to have to let him go."  Do you think that his 3 straight losing seasons, after texas had 3 losing seasons out of the previous 25 before he was hired, might have had something to do with it?  and were they supposed to hire another black coach just to hire a black coach?  were they supposed to wait longer to hire who they knew they wanted because the previous coach was black?  The gripe that he was replaced in two hours literally has no bearing.  they got arguably the most desired young coach in college football.  I get that there are certainly some racist boosters involved at the program, but in 2015 UT boasted a black head football coach, a black head basketball coach, and a Hispanic head baseball coach.  How many major colleges can boast that?

I Think the whole quarrel is that we didn't want/support him in the beginning so we were looking for him to fell just to get rid of him 

32 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I Think the whole quarrel is that we didn't want/support him in the beginning so we were looking for him to fell just to get rid of him 

That may be true about some of the fans and boosters, but he inherited a solid football team and had one of, if not the worst, tenures of any head coach in UT history.  So whether or not he had support, and the reasoning behind the lack of it (I'd argue that the majority of people who didn't support him felt we needed a bigger name coach), he still had 3 years with a very talented football team in a fairly mediocre conference and he couldn't break .500

29 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

That may be true about some of the fans and boosters, but he inherited a solid football team and had one of, if not the worst, tenures of any head coach in UT history.  So whether or not he had support, and the reasoning behind the lack of it (I'd argue that the majority of people who didn't support him felt we needed a bigger name coach), he still had 3 years with a very talented football team in a fairly mediocre conference and he couldn't break .500

No doubt about it...at the end of the day all he had to do was win..

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Ding ding ding

Major boosters came out against his hire when it was announced.  Chucky has played the race card before when has was passed over for jobs, so it only made sense to try it again.  Watch CNN sometime.  You will learn every white person in America is racist.

11 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Ding ding ding

Major boosters came out against his hire when it was announced.  Chucky has played the race card before when has was passed over for jobs, so it only made sense to try it again.  Watch CNN sometime.  You will learn every white person in America is racist.

And at the time everyone perceived the one BMD's statement to be racist. 

Red was right about Strong as a coach! 

The Longhorn Nation has been supporting this staff for three miserable years. 

This thread is about Coach Tom Herman.

Lets move on! 

Horns up and Hookem 

12 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Is passing game coordinator like half of an OC?  2 is better than one right?

From what I'm hearing these are the candidates emerging as OC favorites  

Oregons Ex Coach Mark Helfrich 

Clemson Co-OC Jeff Scott

TCU Co-OC Sonny Cumbie 

Of this List Mark Helfrich would be a fire hire...I think with him being Head Coach he had a lot under his belt and couldn't just focus on offense like under Kelly