Herman's Texas Longhorns

UTfanatic

18 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Scholarships are issued on a year to year basis.  Player isn't good, coach can cut him and pull his scholarship.  You don't see that happen very often, because it looks bad and would hurt future recruiting, but it is possible.  Most coaches just make things miserable for the kid until they transfer. 

This.  Saban's about the only one cutthroat enough to do this, and he's also about the only one who can do it and get a pass from their fans and media.

41 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Breaking News:

D'Onta Foreman declares for the draft per his press conference.  Good for him...go get that paper young man!

This was the least surprising news of the day.  He has a kid to support and he doesn't need 50 carries per game miles on his tires.  To be honest, I didn't like how he was used at all towards the end of the season.   He needs to save those carries for when he gets paid to do it. 

His first contract won't be huge because he's probably a 3rd rounder (or thereabouts).  Hopefully he stays healthy to get that second one. 

4 hours ago, badndn said:

It's called a job (Coach) vs and education to later get a job (player). Nothing messed up about that. 

On the otherside of this argument:

Scholarship Player doesn't produce on field. Scholarship Player sits bench. Scholarship player still gets education. 

Coach doesn't produce on field. Coach loses job. 

Therefore just like you and me Coach is always free to look for another job. 

It's called exploitation.

29 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

hookem

Aggy homers are saying that there is a story of Warren wanting to transfer. He is upset that Charlie was fired, etc...I know his mom was upset last year over playing time and threatened to transfer. The he got some PT and all was good.

I am not paying for any site. Any of you big spenders hearing this?

21 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Unfortunately, I know how he feels.  Those guys are ruthless.  It's best to just lurk and keep your mouth shut over there.

I'm done with that site. Mainly because their knowledge of sports is crap. 

How can anyone argue fantasy football and gambling are not big reasons why the NFL is the monster today?

Then, for being a UT board, they don't even know crap about the Horns lol. Worrying about getting the Norte Dame transfer because Sam Ehlinger has to wait a few years to be ready. Ehlinger could easily be day 1 starter next year and never look back. 

The posters while rude and that doesn't bother me, are actually very dumb. 

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

How can anyone argue fantasy football and gambling are not big reasons why the NFL is the monster today?

Then, for being a UT board, they don't even know crap about the Horns lol. Worrying about getting the Norte Dame transfer because Sam Ehlinger has to wait a few years to be ready. Ehlinger could easily be day 1 starter next year and never look back

Reports out that Ehlinger will miss this week's game due to fractured wrist.  Seems like he's been hurt all year...knees, thumb, now the wrist.  Maybe he does need a RS year to heal up.

Just thinking to myself Herman should definitely look at these two for the OC/DC job

OC- Canada Pitt... (what he's done all season is nice,  he made Bret Venables and Clem look silly as well as everyone they have played..

DC-Leavitt Colo what he's done with that defense is nothing short of amazing..and in the pac 12 which is probably as close as your gonna get to Big 12 offenses (Oregon, Wash St, Arizona St) 

Solid Hires 

2 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Reports out that Ehlinger will miss this week's game due to fractured wrist.  Seems like he's been hurt all year...knees, thumb, now the wrist.  Maybe he does need a RS year to heal up.

It's not the kids fault either. He should have stayed out for the season the first time he went out

7 minutes ago, Gabe said:

It's not the kids fault either. He should have stayed out for the season the first time he went out

I don't blame anyone.  The dude's a competitor of the highest order...it's awful hard to keep guys like that out of games when they think they're good to go.  Personally, I feel like Buechele gives us enough talent to be able to RS Sam anyway.  I'd like to see a year separating them for the future of the program if anything else.

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

That's not a terrible idea at all but if Sam comes in and wins the job then they can't deny him the starting spot. 

Of course.  That's a big IF though.  I think Herman will come up with something for Shane that will minimize the QB running around in his offense so Shane doesn't end up with scrambled brains like Ash did.  That's the one area that Sam is better than Shane at...the dual threat aspect.  As far as passing goes, Buechele's mechanics are much better than Sam's.

3 hours ago, TexazBall said:

Just thinking to myself Herman should definitely look at these two for the OC/DC job

OC- Canada Pitt... (what he's done all season is nice,  he made Bret Venables and Clem look silly as well as everyone they have played..

DC-Leavitt Colo what he's done with that defense is nothing short of amazing..and in the pac 12 which is probably as close as your gonna get to Big 12 offenses (Oregon, Wash St, Arizona St) 

Solid Hires 

I like Leavitt, also Wisconsins DC...that defense played exceptional. ..haven't really paid much attention to Pitt but they did put up numbers 

15 hours ago, Gabe said:

Then, for being a UT board, they don't even know crap about the Horns lol. Worrying about getting the Norte Dame transfer because Sam Ehlinger has to wait a few years to be ready. Ehlinger could easily be day 1 starter next year and never look back. 

It can be humorous at times but I tend to agree with you.   There are way too many pretentious a_holes for my taste who know less than they think they do (omg I just described myself according to Mack)?!?!

Actually, on the rare occasions I visit other boards, I think TexAgs is one of the better one.  There a lot of delusionals there (as with most boards) but many really good posters as well, especially on the hoops board.  There aren't many Aggies who are hoops oriented but a lot of the ones who are really know their stuff.  And I've always liked Looch.  He's a nice guy who's good at what he does and puts out a good product most of the time. 

Okay, enough with the guilt-ridden admissions for one day...

Aggy sucks!!!!

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

It can be humorous at times but I tend to agree with you.   There are way too many pretentious a_holes for my taste who know less than they think they do (omg I just described myself according to Mack)?!?!

Actually, on the rare occasions I visit other boards, I think TexAgs is one of the better one.  There a lot of delusionals there (as with most boards) but many really good posters as well, especially on the hoops board.  There aren't many Aggies who are hoops oriented but a lot of the ones who are really know their stuff.  And I've always liked Looch.  He's a nice guy who's good at what he does and puts out a good product most of the time. 

Okay, enough with the guilt-ridden admissions for one day...

Aggy sucks!!!!

I loved "Longhorn Bob Wheeler"

best board mod ever

long time ago

Like yesterday the only time I went on shag i had two lines on how ehlinger should have never came back after the first time he was declared out for season. Someone makes rude comment for basically speaking. That's just a crap way to run a MESSAGE board. You want your site to grow and people to oh I don't know, speak about topics. 

I guess you can't even delete your own profile and the mods dang sure won't help. It's really a very middle school way of doing what they do.

6 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Like yesterday the only time I went on shag i had two lines on how ehlinger should have never came back after the first time he was declared out for season. Someone makes rude comment for basically speaking. That's just a crap way to run a MESSAGE board. You want your site to grow and people to oh I don't know, speak about topics. 

I guess you can't even delete your own profile and the mods dang sure won't help. It's really a very middle school way of doing what they do.

It's the Howard Stern of Message Boards. More shock and insults than genuine interaction.

The only reason to go to that site is for recruiting news or Lulz. That's it! There are a few guys that give out $9.95 info for free and a few others that are tied into the program. All the others are just a bunch of dicks. If you want to see a true meltdown, try going into a game thread. There's already a Fire Tom Herman thread fwiw. That should tell you all you need to know about that group.