Herman's Texas Longhorns

UTfanatic

No idea who uta would pursue, but I would suggest a long look at Kirby Smart.  He is Saban 2.0 and he is younger with a competitive fire burning to win a national championship.  He recruits all over the country and defense would not be an issue.  He will ensure that you have a top defense.  Saban is too old to rebuild a program.  Kirby Smart is in his prime.  Plus, I am not aware of baggage following Kirby Smart.  No affairs, no beating women, no grade scandals, no booster issues, etc.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:26 AM, horndawg said:

So do you still stand by this or ready to give him the boot if the team loses 5-6?

On the darker side, you could always sell your souls and hire Briles, I hear he’s available over in Italy or somewhere over there in Europe.

One game does not make a season!

We count wins at The EOY 

Remember the my fanaticism is not fueled by wins or losses!!!!

On 9/2/2018 at 10:55 AM, PhatMack19 said:

Mensa is staring at a real possibility of starting 1-5 assuming he can beat Tulsa.

@ Maryland - L
Tulsa 
#15 USC 
#16 TCU 
@ Kansas State 
#7 Oklahoma

If that happens, 

Longhorn Bob Wheeler has promised me to lead a worldwide boycott of KW real estate company 

Unbelievable to come out and lose to Maryland in back to back seasons. There is no excuse. It is absolutely embarrassing. One loss doesn't define the season. I think they have a reasonable shot at competing for the Big 12 Championship, but my Lord. How can that program be so unprepared for a game. It is an absolute joke. No wonder Aggie pumps their chest so hard at UT. UT does nothing to back up the hype. Granted, Aggie doesn't do anything worth boasting about, but it happens because UT can't freaking beat Maryland. I don't blame Aggie for boasting about being average, because UT is not even average, and I am a UT fan.  It is disgracefull, they better figure it out.

I seen this take on another forum, and i for see his point..

Think about this, If you think about Ohio State offenses in the last few years when they were at there best (with Herman) they had a pocket passer who could run (Barrett, Jones,) here at Texas they have the opposite, a runner who tries to pass hence why the offense is so dead, you need to be able to pass to run which was why them Ohio State teams could do both very well.. I think the offense would flow better with a QB like Rising, (Big, great arm, but can also run if need be)..now we have a good offense and we start getting more athletes/playmakers (Wilson, Demas, Waddle) hence problem solved Texas comes out of the worse years

Also another observation, I think Herman went about it all wrong with the coaching hires, when he first got here he said he hired coaches based on recruiting purposes. Imo he should have went after the best coaches , cus at the end of the day Winning is the answer to every problem (recruits, fans, etc) but now we have coaches not including (Orlando, Washington, Navarro, Dayton) who lose recruiting battles and can’t really coach (Meringer,Giles, Wenkhemire, Beck)..One example is Herb Hand, not known as a great recruiter but is regarded as a great coach, now u have a vastly improved O-Line, and good OLine commits..If this season ain’t up to par Herman really needs to sit down and think what he is trying to do, then go out and get the coaches to make that happen, once u get the coaches the wins will come, once you get the wins the recruits will come then so on with the championships 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...