Herman's Texas Longhorns

UTfanatic

51 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

We don’t need coaching advice from aggy.   You guys have more losers on the payroll than the Knicks.  Give Sumlin another extension.  We will soon have two coaches alive who have played for a natty.  Something you guys know nothing about. 

I buy a new shirt every time Texas wins a Championship!!!

My closet is full.

On 10/19/2017 at 10:36 PM, UTfanatic said:

I buy a new shirt every time Texas wins a Championship!!!

My closet is full.

Still love it when Texas fans fondly remember the long long ago soooooo sweetly - and forget about the last - say - 7 years - that 51% W-L ratio is impressive since 2010.

On 10/19/2017 at 9:46 PM, TxHoops said:

We don’t need coaching advice from aggy.   You guys have more losers on the payroll than the Knicks.  Give Sumlin another extension.  We will soon have two coaches alive who have played for a natty.  Something you guys know nothing about. 

Brings a smile to my face when I hear Texas fan talk NC when his current team is 3-4 - guess you just gotta have FAITH.

3 hours ago, OldTimer said:

Still love it when Texas fans fondly remember the long long ago soooooo sweetly - and forget about the last - say - 7 years - that 51% W-L ratio is impressive since 2010.

Brings a smile to my face when I hear Texas fan talk NC when his current team is 3-4 - guess you just gotta have FAITH.

No, hope is when it’s been 12 years since you won one, 7 since you played for one.  Faith is when it’s been 78 years since you’ve done either ;) 

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

The Longhorn record is deceiving. If you watched the games last year/this year, they are miles ahead of what they were last year. Aggie/Longhorn it doesn't matter. It is clear UT football is making the comeback. 

And no it is not deceiving at all - let's analyze - 7 games played of which 3 they came out with more points than the other team and 4 of those games they came out with less points - If I remember right that is how it is scored.

Unless of course you are talking about moral victories then Texas is like 7 - 0.  

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

No, hope is when it’s been 12 years since you won one, 7 since you played for one.  Faith is when it’s been 78 years since you’ve done either ;) 

Nope did not say anything about Hope - Hell Aggies HOPE every year just to not fall off the November cliff :).

But you stated it as a fact - not Hope - and Not Faith -  "We will soon have two coaches alive who have played for a natty."

We will see - if you are right I will eat crow - have before and will again - but Texas will have to do better than 3-4 before that conversation can start.

34 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Nope did not say anything about Hope - Hell Aggies HOPE every year just to not fall off the November cliff :).

But you stated it as a fact - not Hope - and Not Faith -  "We will soon have two coaches alive who have played for a natty."

We will see - if you are right I will eat crow - have before and will again - but Texas will have to do better than 3-4 before that conversation can start.

The same people who haven’t seen a different team on the field in Austin are the same ones now claiming Jim Harbaugh is overrated (or even post similar numbers with Butch Jones).  They either are blind or don’t understand the game.  I’m not necessarily including you in that group ;) 

19 hours ago, OldTimer said:

I will bet you 100 chickens that Texas wins  another national championship before tamu!

19 hours ago, OldTimer said:

I will bet you 100 chickens that Texas wins  another national championship before agricultural & mechanical!

17 hours ago, OldTimer said:

A&M would be 7 - 0 - undefeated and ranked NO. 1 if they played Texas schedule - See I can do it as well - Unprovable comments bring nothing to the table.

No sir, people who bring a clear bias to the conversation, and let their perspectives dictate their opinions, bring nothing to the table. I am not a Longhorn fan nor an Aggie hater. I am a fan of college football with no team affiliation. But, if you can't see the difference in trajectories between the status of the two programs, I can't help you. Aggie is awful, with very little evidence to make them happy about the future of the program. Texas, even a 3-4, should be excited about what the future looks like..

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

No sir, people who bring a clear bias to the conversation, and let their perspectives dictate their opinions, bring nothing to the table. I am not a Longhorn fan nor an Aggie hater. I am a fan of college football with no team affiliation. But, if you can't see the difference in trajectories between the status of the two programs, I can't help you. Aggie is awful, with very little evidence to make them happy about the future of the program. Texas, even a 3-4, should be excited about what the future looks like..

A&M is 5-2 and play 18 freshman including at QB.  They are a 2nd half meltdown from being 6-1 and a top 10 team in the country.  I don’t get how that’s awful....

5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

A&M is 5-2 and play 18 freshman including at QB.  They are a 2nd half meltdown from being 6-1 and a top 10 team in the country.  I don’t get how that’s awful....

My opinion is, Nichols State and Louisiana Lafayette are both stat fillers. Florida is absolutely terrible this year and South Carolina is significantly down. Arkansas is average, in my opinion.

Arkansas is probably their best win on the schedule. Typically you would look at the South Carolina win and maybe the Florida win and be happy, but that is not the case this year. 

They barely escaped a Florida team that could be the worst team the Gators have filled in 2 decades. 

South Carolina is way down as they could barely beat LA Tech.

It is nothing personal. IMO, Aggie has not beat anybody at all, and the two "big wins" they have are against two down teams, and they barely escaped those game.  Not to mention the coaching situation. Who knows where they go after Sumlin. There are alot more questions than answers about the future of Aggie football in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

My opinion is, Nichols State and Louisiana Lafayette are both stat fillers. Florida is absolutely terrible this year and South Carolina is significantly down. Arkansas is average, in my opinion.

Arkansas is probably their best win on the schedule. Typically you would look at the South Carolina win and maybe the Florida win and be happy, but that is not the case this year. 

They barely escaped a Florida team that could be the worst team the Gators have filled in 2 decades. 

South Carolina is way down as they could barely beat LA Tech.

It is nothing personal. IMO, Aggie has not beat anybody at all, and the two "big wins" they have are against two down teams, and they barely escaped those game.  Not to mention the coaching situation. Who knows where they go after Sumlin. There are alot more questions than answers about the future of Aggie football in my opinion. 

South Carolina is also 5-2 with a win over #14 NC State.  I guess you and I have different opinions on what constitutes “way down.”

and what exactly has Herman done in those 4 losses that leads you to believe he has them headed in the right direction?  They aren’t getting blow out at least, so I guess that’s an improvement.  His one decent win was against Iowa St before they switched Qb’s to the guy that can actually throw.  K-State(3-4) on a comeback double OT game and San Jose St aren’t impressive.  Both are considerably worse than Florida.

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

South Carolina is also 5-2 with a win over #14 NC State.  I guess you and I have different opinions on what constitutes “way down.”

and what exactly has Herman done in those 4 losses that leads you to believe he has them headed in the right direction?  They aren’t getting blow out at least, so I guess that’s an improvement.  His one decent win was against Iowa St before they switched Qb’s to the guy that can actually throw.  K-State(3-4) on a comeback double OT game and San Jose St aren’t impressive.  Both are considerably worse than Florida.

Just like Aggy 

lmao

17 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I guess.. We will get an accurate gauge on South Carolina in two weeks when they play Georgia or a month when they play Clemson. 

He has found a "True Freshman QB" that needs to improve, but has shown the intangibles, in "big" games to be a very good college QB. They are doing more than "not getting blown out". But, your Aggie bias can skew that either way you want. The road game at USC was the first turning point, in my opinion. They looked like they belonged on the bigger stage against USC, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. I don' t think they are better than those teams, yet, but very much belonged. They all but gave away the USC and Oklahoma State games in OT. The defense is light years ahead of what they were last year, and Herman's recruiting will only add to that notion. USC, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State are all better than any team not Alabama that Aggie has played. Lastly, the "eye test" is a powerful thing, but you can't let your opinion be blurred by fandom. I am not a "fan" of either school. I just have watched both teams, play multiple games, and think Texas is going up, and Aggie is staying mediocre or getting worse. Question, where do they go after Sumlin? Or should he stay? 

41 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

He has found a "True Freshman QB" that needs to improve, but has shown the intangibles, in "big" games to be a very good college QB. 

That True freshman QB has cost you 2 games with those intangibles.  In his defense he was concussed at the end of both games and his coach kept running him out there.  At least they have a preseason Heisman favorite to trot out there for Baylor this week.  

6 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

That True freshman QB has cost you 2 games with those intangibles.  In his defense he was concussed at the end of both games and his coach kept running him out there.  At least they have a preseason Heisman favorite to trot out there for Baylor this week.  

Incorrect, he didn't cost "me" anything. I am not a player, coach, or invested fan. But, That True Freshman was the reason THEY were even in OT. He started slow, as it was his first start, but was tremendous in the 2nd half of that USC game...on the road...in the Coliseum...against a program like that....took some balls. The Oklahoma State OT gaffe was confusing. I still do not know what he was trying to do there.

You can try to knock the QB and Herman all you want, Aggie would buy out Sumlin, bench THEIR guy, and happily have both those guys over in Austin, and we both know it. I can tell by your responses you have an overwhelming bias. I expect that, because you are an Aggie Alumni or fanatic. I support you, supporting your team. But c'mon. You can not honestly believe Aggie is in a better spot for the future than Texas.