Herman's Texas Longhorns

UTfanatic

16 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

WHAT!!!  Two pass catching TE's in one class?!  What kind of wizardry is this?  That's certainly not the Texas Football we're used to!

Under Charlie were used to 4 & 5 stars who couldn't tackle or weren't coachable. 

Some of Charlie's most notable quotes were:

1) We just gotta play better.

2) It's all about execution and accountability.

3) The cake has been baked and someone just needs to spread the icing. (my fave)

I guess Red was right after all.

I am all in on Herman and this staff!!! 

horns up and Hookem

26 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Anwar Richardson ‏@AnwarRichardson 35m35 minutes ago
Can confirm former Ohio State co-offensive coordinator Tim Beck will be the offensive coordinator at Texas. @ChipBrownHD first to report

I like but last name is not Briles or Kelly!

in TH I trust! 

No watsons on this staff!

No Bradfords on this staff! 

Horns up and Hookem 

2 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

I like but last name is not Briles or Kelly!

in TH I trust! 

No watsons on this staff!

No Bradfords on this staff! 

Horns up and Hookem 

Idk how to feel about this, After what I seen them against Clemson, + Michigan, but to Becks defense That was Urban Myers Offense , he just called the plays from what I heard 

but im not as worried cause I know Herman will be like Briles and it will ultimately be his Offesne .

I believe Beck is more of a recruiting tool, he was the heavy influence in Texas for Ohio st, (Okuda, Browning, Wilson etc) 

48 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Idk how to feel about this, After what I seen them against Clemson, + Michigan, but to Becks defense That was Urban Myers Offense , he just called the plays from what I heard 

but im not as worried cause I know Herman will be like Briles and it will ultimately be his Offesne .

I believe Beck is more of a recruiting tool, he was the heavy influence in Texas for Ohio st, (Okuda, Browning, Wilson etc) 

He wasn't the play caller this year.  Warriner handled that for tOSU.  He was Co-coordinator and QB coach.  You're right about the recruiting aspect though.  He's a beast on the trail and will help Herman keep these 5* recruits home going forward.  They'll still be a few that want to spread their wings and go OOS, but the majority should be staying home.  It's an indictment on all of the Texas universities what has happened the past few years.

17 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

He wasn't the play caller this year.  Warriner handled that for tOSU.  He was Co-coordinator and QB coach.  You're right about the recruiting aspect though.  He's a beast on the trail and will help Herman keep these 5* recruits home going forward.  They'll still be a few that want to spread their wings and go OOS, but the majority should be staying home.  It's an indictment on all of the Texas universities what has happened the past few years.

Ugh so that my question if he wasn't ge play caller why were OSt fans so upset with him and ready to get rid of him , after all the Recent recruiting success he's had?

13 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Ugh so that my question if he wasn't ge play caller why were OSt fans so upset with him and ready to get rid of him , after all the Recent recruiting success he's had?

tOSU fans would've spit on Jesus as he dragged a cross through Jerusalem.  I wouldn't read too much into that.  It's still going to be Herman's offense, he's just going to give us a big boost in recruiting and take some ownership once Herman feels confident, imo.

Chip Brown:

Sources: Stan Drayton will be RB coach

Just confirmed with a source close to the situation Chicago Bears RB coach Stan Drayton, who served as RB coach at Ohio State while Tom Herman was OC in Columbus, will be RBs coach at Texas.

Drayton, who coached Ezekiel Elliott at Ohio State under Urban Meyer (2012-14), is considered a top-level recruiter.

Expect an announcement in the next 24 hours, I'm told.

7 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Chip Brown:

Sources: Stan Drayton will be RB coach

Just confirmed with a source close to the situation Chicago Bears RB coach Stan Drayton, who served as RB coach at Ohio State while Tom Herman was OC in Columbus, will be RBs coach at Texas.

Drayton, who coached Ezekiel Elliott at Ohio State under Urban Meyer (2012-14), is considered a top-level recruiter.

Expect an announcement in the next 24 hours, I'm told.

That should do it as far as assistants 

2 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

tOSU fans would've spit on Jesus as he dragged a cross through Jerusalem.  I wouldn't read too much into that.  It's still going to be Herman's offense, he's just going to give us a big boost in recruiting and take some ownership once Herman feels confident, imo.

This sounds very good!

You has the excite......lmao.

It's starting to sound like 2014 all over again in here!  Where did this guy go?

Amphibious Rodent     54

• Amphibious Rodent
  • Members
  • 190 posts

· 

Posted 12 Feb 2014 · 

I believe Charlie Strong will eventually be recognized as one of the greatest coaches' in the history of college football. He is now on center stage and will prove he is the man of steal! All the doubters will be proven wrong. No one really doubts him, they only hope for the worse, but they fear the reckoning.
UTfanatic likes this 

11 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

It's starting to sound like 2014 all over again in here!  Where did this guy go?

Amphibious Rodent     54

• Amphibious Rodent
  • Members
  • 190 posts

· 

Posted 12 Feb 2014 · 

I believe Charlie Strong will eventually be recognized as one of the greatest coaches' in the history of college football. He is now on center stage and will prove he is the man of steal! All the doubters will be proven wrong. No one really doubts him, they only hope for the worse, but they fear the reckoning.
UTfanatic likes this 

No need to worry about former Longhorn posters. 

What happened to roper, horndawg, or old timer? 

7 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Amphibious Rodent     54

• Amphibious Rodent
  • Members
  • 190 posts

· 

Posted 12 Feb 2014 · 

UTfanatic likes this 

Don't know him, but name sounds disgusting (nutria). I don't see anyone making proclamations like this now. We're just aspiring for 8-5 seasons, my friend lol...