Herman's Texas Longhorns

UTfanatic

21 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

No track for Burt

i believe this a good decision for him and the TEAM 

At least u know he has the want to..

He can be a really good playet if he can build off the freshman year he had ..

Confidence is everything at Wide Reciver..

Saw some interesting comments from Ketch: 

Per Ketch

I am furious after hearing the information from the meeting. But, I am hopeful and encouraged that things are going to get much, much better.

First the bad. Team had a 2.2 GPA last semester. That is the lowest in over 40 years. 
Herman's message to the team and the parents was, "no wonder you lost 7 games 3 years in a row. You handle your business in the classroom, on the field, and in life the same way. That crap is going to change".

He was direct with the team and parents about no guarantees on playing time. There will be 3 levels, crimson is the lowest. If you stay at crimson long, you won't last.

Team must prove themselves to Herman and the staff and then will be treated like men.
They are there to win national championship, so "get on board or get out."

Herman has his work cut out for him and I am not expecting a quick fix. I don't believe CS left the program in better shape then he found it. 

11 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Saw some interesting comments from Ketch: 

Per Ketch

I am furious after hearing the information from the meeting. But, I am hopeful and encouraged that things are going to get much, much better.

First the bad. Team had a 2.2 GPA last semester. That is the lowest in over 40 years. 
Herman's message to the team and the parents was, "no wonder you lost 7 games 3 years in a row. You handle your business in the classroom, on the field, and in life the same way. That crap is going to change".

He was direct with the team and parents about no guarantees on playing time. There will be 3 levels, crimson is the lowest. If you stay at crimson long, you won't last.

Team must prove themselves to Herman and the staff and then will be treated like men.
They are there to win national championship, so "get on board or get out."

Herman has his work cut out for him and I am not expecting a quick fix. I don't believe CS left the program in better shape then he found it. 

Of course , players couldn't handle the scene of last season, seems like . With the pre-season hype and ND win, I think the players got comfortable and ppl started treating them as stars after one win...(went from NR to 11) not saying is true but I'm thinking they started not practiceing hard or taking care of school work, which is a result of a 6-7 season an 2.2 GPA...

42 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Of course , players couldn't handle the scene of last season, seems like . With the pre-season hype and ND win, I think the players got comfortable and ppl started treating them as stars after one win...(went from NR to 11) not saying is true but I'm thinking they started not practiceing hard or taking care of school work, which is a result of a 6-7 season an 2.2 GPA...

I thought Chuckie was making them better men.  5 core values and such.

58 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Looking more and more like Chaisson will wind up at LSU. 

Lots of misses so far.

Misses are the direct results of the previous staff's recruiting strategy and losing records. 

Any commit we get this year is just "icing on the cake".

Horns up and Hookem