Herman's Texas Longhorns

UTfanatic

2 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Yes, his offense doesn't fall in line with what Giblets was doing.  We might actually throw the ball over the middle next year and use the TE for more than just a blocker.

It is a shame that TEs caught 3 passes this year (2 TD)

Even Texas HS coaches know how to use TE. 

Horns up and Hookem 

Dobbins has been committed to tOSU for months now.  We are trying to flip him, but it seems as though he wants to be the only back in his class, so this doesn't sound too promising.  If he's so highly touted, why does he care if he's the only RB in his class?  He's bound to be the best in his class anyway right, so why does he care if there's another in his class?  I think he's either suffering from self-doubt or his injury is more serious than anyone realizes.  We need 2 backs, period.  So if that means losing out on JK so we can fill our class out properly, well then I'm OK with that.

Right now is where it really hurts missing out on Whaley last cycle.  If we had him and Porter to go along with Warren, then I'd be OK with just taking Dobbins.

33 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Dobbins has been committed to tOSU for months now.  We are trying to flip him, but it seems as though he wants to be the only back in his class, so this doesn't sound too promising.  If he's so highly touted, why does he care if he's the only RB in his class?  He's bound to be the best in his class anyway right, so why does he care if there's another in his class?  I think he's either suffering from self-doubt or his injury is more serious than anyone realizes.  We need 2 backs, period.  So if that means losing out on JK so we can fill our class out properly, well then I'm OK with that.

Right now is where it really hurts missing out on Whaley last cycle.  If we had him and Porter to go along with Warren, then I'd be OK with just taking Dobbins.

The only reason I liked Dobbins was because he's a homer in hitter...every time he touches the ball hes a threat to score, which is what this offense is lacking now that Foreman Is gone..Hopefully Porter pans out if we don't get one to compliment Warren

It would also be nice to have a receiver who can take a slant 60+ yards to the house...Duvernay will be good, hopefully he adds some wiggle to his game to be that homer in threat instead of just having to throw go balls for him to score cause eventually teams will just play over the top An he'll just get your 8-10yrd catches..

maybe we can flip Rambo (Cedar Hill) or Manning (Lancaster) 

Yeah, if you're looking for someone to bust an 80 yarder, Benjamin isn't gonna be that guy either.  He's got elite quickness and shiftiness, but he runs like a 4.7 sec. 40.  Duvernay is already good...that boy can run!  We have to get more creative in how we use some of these guys.  That's what excites me about Herman.  He's got more to his repertoire than a go route, a 8 yd. out, or a run inside the tackles.  I think Heard, Duvernay, and whoever is our primary TE will have big years next year. 

Also, this Bryson Smith from Tyler JT is interesting.  He's committed to UH as a QB, we just offered him as a slot receiver, so imagine him in a year, in the backfield with Shane/Sam and Heard.  Can you say wishbone triple option slant pass to the house!

7 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Yeah, if you're looking for someone to bust an 80 yarder, Benjamin isn't gonna be that guy either.  He's got elite quickness and shiftiness, but he runs like a 4.7 sec. 40.  Duvernay is already good...that boy can run!  We have to get more creative in how we use some of these guys.  That's what excites me about Herman.  He's got more to his repertoire than a go route, a 8 yd. out, or a run inside the tackles.  I think Heard, Duvernay, and whoever is our primary TE will have big years next year. 

Also, this Bryson Smith from Tyler JT is interesting.  He's committed to UH as a QB, we just offered him as a slot receiver, so imagine him in a year, in the backfield with Shane/Sam and Heard.  Can you say wishbone triple option slant pass to the house!

lol I hope not, I dislike that offense ...but I see what your saying and yea Duvernay is good and I know Herman will use him as such...But lord I didn't know Benjamin was that slow ahah 

hopefully we can start to get some of these flips like Kary Vincent (Memorial), Rambo (Cedar Hill) , Manning (Lancaster) and still be able to land Marvin Wilson and Walker Little (B.Epsicol) 

I think we can all agree that this year, of all years, was NOT the year to go 5-7.  This is the most stacked class from TXHS in a long time, and we're losing the best prospects to schools OOS.  We really needed some of these guys to sign with us this year, I can see Little signing, but Wilson, Vincent, Rambo are all but gone.  And Manning's closing window is not too far behind.  But, don't forget about Damien Miller either, he sounds locked in.

Oh, and Ehlinger signed his LOI today, so that there recruitment is over!

59 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I think we can all agree that this year, of all years, was NOT the year to go 5-7.  This is the most stacked class from TXHS in a long time, and we're losing the best prospects to schools OOS.  We really needed some of these guys to sign with us this year, I can see Little signing, but Wilson, Vincent, Rambo are all but gone.  And Manning's closing window is not too far behind.  But, don't forget about Damien Miller either, he sounds locked in.

Oh, and Ehlinger signed his LOI today, so that there recruitment is over!

Idk from what I heard is the other way around with Wilson and Little..Wilson grew up a horn fan and is still 68% To Texas while Ohio State is 35% while Walker is 59% to Stanford  and 35% to Texas...

what is trending lately is Manning (Lancaster) Flipping to Texas from TCU 

wish we coulda landed Browning tho, that hurt ...we had him in the bag,,I wonder if Herman will still try and get him..

Well, considering that Little had an in-home with Herman last night and Wilson still not even giving Herman the same courtesy, I'd have to question your sources.  I hope you're right, but the tea leaves are pointing in different directions here.  Wilson seems to be down to tOSU and LSU at this point.

12 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Well, considering that Little had an in-home with Herman last night and Wilson still not even giving Herman the same courtesy, I'd have to question your sources.  I hope you're right, but the tea leaves are pointing in different directions here.  Wilson seems to be down to tOSU and LSU at this point.

True, I'm mainly going off of recruiting Sites as well as Somme of the players on campus who has been in touch with him...and your right LSU has always been there but Ohio State is surging,,

Had no idea tho that Herman was trying to get with him and Wilson wasn't giving him anytime ...If that's the case, yea we may have lost him 

50 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I believe Giles has been by Episcopal the last two days and he won't give them an in-home visit...that's the word on the street anyway.  Don't sound too promising...

Well if that's the case Aranda was post to be DC at Texas and Coach O should be out of a job...hopefully it's just people talking and speculation like Thoes examples I gave cause Wilson could be a "BIG GET" for Herman and crew 

ALso if we do add Brewster (FSU) and McGure out of Cedar Hill (HC) that will truly help us with a lot of these flips 

14 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Well if that's the case Aranda was post to be DC at Texas and Coach O should be out of a job...hopefully it's just people talking and speculation like Thoes examples I gave cause Wilson could be a "BIG GET" for Herman and crew 

ALso if we do add Brewster (FSU) and McGure out of Cedar Hill (HC) that will truly help us with a lot of these flips 

Wilson will still give Texas a shot, He was a die heart fan growing up, now will he choose Texas over Favorite LSU idk, but Texas will get their shot to persuade him to stay in Texas 

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Marvin was a lock with Strong.  Now it's LSU's race to lose.  That's all right, I will take a change at the top over a DT, special as he is.  Probably the best recruit to come out of Texas at that position since Tommie Harris. 

Not only Marv but Browning to an I'm sure a few more would have followed...Okada (however u spell it lol) will probably end up with Marv Wilson..the two have become very close 

Lol I'm not mad at Herman and staff for trying to hustle An get some recruits but Herman Midas well salavage what he can and chalk it up to time and get the ones that want to be a Texas Longhorn,,hey you never know might find a few hidden gems,,,get an early step into next years recruiting class , Texas has some good ones coming out in 2018