Roschon Johnson and PNG Indians

RoschonsBigBro

I have already told him this but I am proud of Shug for what he was able to accomplish this season. I haven't seen his games since youth league and this was the first year I made it back to Texas and boy was it worth it. It is very surreal watching your brother transform into an athlete of that caliber.  I sometimes have to ask myself, damn, was that Shug? Did he really do that? He is one exciting player to watch and I am so grateful that he has 2 more years to improve his game in time for those games to come on Saturdays because oh yes, thats happening. What I am most proud of though more than anything else was that he earned the respect of his peers, lead a school with a storied football history, and maintained his humility throughout this entire process. Not to mention staying nearly flawless in the education department. I wish I had his stat line to post, he had to score 50 plus tds this year. inc. playoffs. Again, I'm so proud and look ahead eagerly for the next two seasons. 

To the Indians, you battled hard all year and defied all expectations that others set and maybe you had for yourself. You turned everyone's perception upside down.  You won 11 games. You held many dynamic offenses in check throughout the year. You learned that you have talent to win big games in this district and beyond,  When you limited mistakes, you were able to compete with teams with superior athletes like PAM and College Station (at least for a while). You discovered you talent and depth for future teams. You have the lessons learned from this season to bring into the next. And Finally of course, YOU ENDED LARRY NEUMAN'S DOMINANCE OF MCM, predictably for the next two years (putting that out there now). Nothing to be ashamed of and everything to be proud of.

The Indians tonight lost to a better team. There is zero to be ashamed about that. College Station is a great football team. 

Congrats to PNG on an outstanding season. Serious question, how long before RJ has the receivers/running backs out at The Reservation getting ready for 2017? I'd say within a month.

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

The Indians tonight lost to a better team. There is zero to be ashamed about that. College Station is a great football team. 

Congrats to PNG on an outstanding season. Serious question, how long before RJ has the receivers/running backs out at The Reservation getting ready for 2017? I'd say within a month.

Right after Christmas is about right if I know him. Individually though, his training never stops.

55 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

That freshmen running back doesn't look too bad either.

Agreed, I wonder if losing WR like McZeal  and McGough forces us to use Hughes at WR since before this years SR RB was hurt he was slated to be a wideout anyways. He came in a was VERY productive at RB. Im just curious as to how we replace those guys but heck its next man up

14 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Agreed, I wonder if losing WR like McZeal  and McGough forces us to use Hughes at WR since before this years SR RB was hurt he was slated to be a wideout anyways. He came in a was VERY productive at RB. Im just curious as to how we replace those guys but heck its next man up

The kid was on fire as WR during 7 on 7 just a good all round athlete 

22 minutes ago, PNG2720 said:

The kid was on fire as WR during 7 on 7 just a good all round athlete 

Yeah I know. I think flexing Hughes back out and using 21 as RB will balance us out pretty well. Hughes is beastly with the ball in his hands, he is shifty and can power through arm tackles. In one on one WR situations that could be huge. Make one guy miss and there is nothing between you and the endzone but turf/grass

12 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

And Finally of course, YOU ENDED LARRY NEUMAN'S DOMINANCE OF MCM, predictably for the next two years (putting that out there now).

I will help you and put this out there too.  Big Ned reign of winning MCM is over for the next 4 years and starting next season we will have longer playoff runs.  Maybe even a few championship runs.  Lot and lots of talent coming up thru the Rez.  This was an awesome year for the seniors and I wish them luck in their future endeavors. Way to set the benchmark.

2 hours ago, Lamar1996 said:

I will help you and put this out there too.  Big Ned reign of winning MCM is over for the next 4 years and starting next season we will have longer playoff runs.  Maybe even a few championship runs.  Lot and lots of talent coming up thru the Rez.  This was an awesome year for the seniors and I wish them luck in their future endeavors. Way to set the benchmark.

Great run. I cant wait to see what the future holds

4 hours ago, Lamar1996 said:

PNG will be good next year, but College Station returns QB and RB next year. Don't see anyone from our area beating them next year.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

PNG will be good next year, but College Station returns QB and RB next year. Don't see anyone from our area beating them next year.

PNG is a few athletes away on D from something like that. Hopefully the guys we have can make up but I hope someone surprises me

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2016 at 10:56 AM, Lamar1996 said: