Reg. Semi Final 6A/D2 Beaumont West Brook (11-1) vs Spring Westfield (9-3)

Well, only 2 times  school history, has WB made it to the 4th round. The 82 season, and the 97 season. The 82 team also had several players make it to the NFL. So, the talent level is definitely there. It comes down to coaching. Katy routinely has long playoff runs, and seldom puts players into the NFL . 

6 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Well, only 2 times  school history, has WB made it to the 4th round. The 82 season, and the 97 season. The 82 team also had several players make it to the NFL. So, the talent level is definitely there. It comes down to coaching. Katy routinely has long playoff runs, and seldom puts players into the NFL . 

Good point,  but Katy has superior coaching and just sheer numbers usually play a factor...

3 hours ago, SFA85 said:

Westfield is a physical team and WB doesn't do physical.  WF by a lot........

I would agree with you if Wb didn't beat Longview. I've seen Lv and Westfield. Both are very physical football teams. Westfield just has more size on the d-line and is better defensively. Not sure who will win this one though. After watching both, I think WF should be the favorites. Just not confident in picking them. Wb doesn't have a lot of talented players and size on their team, but they get the job done. The way they utilize #9 and #6 on offense can be very effective and tough to deal with for defenses that aren't discipline. I guess we'll see. I would worry after last night if I was a Wb fan though. I was in Palestine last night and Lakeview had no business scoring that many points in the second half. I could understand it against our offense and Lv, but not the one that I watched last night. If they play like that against WF, 82 could be right about it getting ugly.

4 hours ago, D3zii said:

I

We can say what we want by the guy wins 

Kelly

W.Brook

and now Ataschosita 

Stump only wins when his team has more talent than the opponent. He never beat any top notch team. That game against Dickinson showed his arrogance. He had pro football talent and never made it past the 3rd round. I'm a big critique of Flannigan but he's here the 3rd round with a sophomore at QB and a 11-1 record. Stump would never have pulled that off!

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm just saying.  he did have a couple of NFL prospects.  Beagleton, the WR just set a record in receiving yards at Lamar last year.  Christine Michael, and Taylor Reed, I think he was in the NFL too.  Even Ben Goodman, really close to playing for an NFL team.  All these kids he coached and no state title appearances or championships.  not even a simifinal appearance...

Lol you forgot Ryan Grant from the redskins and Collin Garrett for the Bears. But nah I get what you saying..It does make it seem like he underachieved with all Thoes NFL players who came through Thoes doors..but at the same times the Brook teams he coached that I seen were all well coached and discipline, I really just feel he ran into better coaches and teams which is expected in the highest classification in Texas 

3 hours ago, panamamyers said:

What was going on at West brook 10 to 15 years ago?

I was looking at team histories and they won like 14 games over 7 years in there.

What happened?

1. They had the suckiest coach in West Brook history in that 7 year period.

2. Ozen Opened up (First year was '97, believe first football varsity team was '98 ) and took almost all of that great Pear Orchard talent.

4 hours ago, panamamyers said:

Did the pear orchard talent come back now?

Some... there are 2 middle school That feed into Ozen...  somehow or another, some good talent from those schools end up at West Brook....  

On an slightly unrelated topic, there's a girls basketball phenom that's top 5 in the country right there at Beaumont Legacy and she went to middle school right at Odom, a feeder school to Ozen....

On 11/19/2016 at 1:49 PM, SFA85 said:

Westfield is a physical team and WB doesn't do physical.  WF by a lot........

In my opinion, you have this exactly right.  As I've said WB has surprised me this season several times, so I won't rule them out.  But, Westfield usually has one of the better O and D lines in GHA.  They're team is big and fast at the skill positions.   They will remind you of The Woodlands in size.  While I think West Brook would play The Woodlands better now and I don't think WF is as good this season, I still don't like this match-up for WB.  I think they are one of the few teams capable of slowing WB's offense and with the WB defense that is a very bad thing.  On the other hand.  If I have underestimated WF's ability to slow WB's offense, we could see another WB upset.

On 11/19/2016 at 3:35 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

But Stump was the coach that had a Then Young Christine Michael (whose in the NFL now) who on 4th  and 3 in a playoff game, passed the ball instead of handing off to Michael just to satisfy his arrogance...  (true story).  

Anywho...

I don't know about Stump in the playoffs at Brook, but I have seen what he has done at Atascocita and have to applaud.  They had a fantastic playoff run last season.  They are not as good this season and I don't expect as much.  But, leading up to last season I used to look at all the obvious talent on the Atascocita team and wonder why they weren't a major contender.  Then Stump arrived and now they are.

17 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea they do..  Atascocita and Summer Creek get almost all of the City's really good talent..  

Don't agree with this at all.  Atascocita has plenty of talent, some of the best in the area.  But, several other teams do too.  I don't see the same thing yet at Summer Creek.  They had a good run in 4A/5A, but have mostly been crushed by bigger, faster and deeper quality 6A teams.  

1 hour ago, TXFBfan said:

Don't agree with this at all.  Atascocita has plenty of talent, some of the best in the area.  But, several other teams do too.  I don't see the same thing yet at Summer Creek.  They had a good run in 4A/5A, but have mostly been crushed by bigger, faster and deeper quality 6A teams.  

Interesting...  because Humble's 'falling off' is synonymous to the Rise of Atascocita and Summer Creek's talent wave and success, whereas  the other humble schools haven't been that good.  Kingwood park, hit and miss.  Kingwood, Naaah...

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Interesting...  because Humble's 'falling off' is synonymous to the Rise of Atascocita and Summer Creek's talent wave and success, whereas  the other humble schools haven't been that good.  Kingwood park, hit and miss.  Kingwood, Naaah...

I think Summer Creek will end up in the same position as Atascocita.  They are side by side and have similar demographics.  But, they are much further away from program success than Atascocita and in my opinion.  Another difference is Stump.  I'm a huge fan of his just for what he has done at Atascocita.

5 hours ago, TXFBfan said:

In my opinion, you have this exactly right.  As I've said WB has surprised me this season several times, so I won't rule them out.  But, Westfield usually has one of the better O and D lines in GHA.  They're team is big and fast at the skill positions.   They will remind you of The Woodlands in size.  While I think West Brook would play The Woodlands better now and I don't think WF is as good this season, I still don't like this match-up for WB.  I think they are one of the few teams capable of slowing WB's offense and with the WB defense that is a very bad thing.  On the other hand.  If I have underestimated WF's ability to slow WB's offense, we could see another WB upset.

Longview is bigger and more physical on the offensive line than Westfield. They are bigger than the Woodz too. So, if they could beat them...........I agree though that Wf should be the favorites. I just wouldn't say Wb couldn't handle them for that reason. Y'all could be right about the WB offense vs the Westfield defense. The WF defense has a lot of size and speed. More size on the line than The Woodz if I remember correctly and probably more speed too. That's why I think WF may win. That Westfield defense should give them several problems, IF they tackle well..