Reg. Semi Final 6A/D2 Beaumont West Brook (11-1) vs Spring Westfield (9-3)

Ey, they took close losses to Houston Lamar and Eulese Trinity, but got blown out by North Shore in their first 3 games. Β after that, they played a bunch of scrubs and ran the table. Β 

West Brook isn't a scrub and is on the same level this year as Lamar, so, I see West Brook getting yet another Dub...

43 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ey, they took close losses to Houston Lamar and Eulese Trinity, but got blown out by North Shore in their first 3 games. Β after that, they played a bunch of scrubs and ran the table. Β 

West Brook isn't a scrub and is on the same level this year as Lamar, so, I see West Brook getting yet another Dub...

Man, I'd love to agree with you, but I think our defense is too suspect. We can't keep outscoring opponents, if the defense doesn't help out. Plus, our history against Westfield, tells me they'll win easy. I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is a blowout loss for Brook.

21 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Man, I'd love to agree with you, but I think our defense is too suspect. We can't keep outscoring opponents, if the defense doesn't help out. Plus, our history against Westfield, tells me they'll win easy. I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is a blowout loss for Brook.

Yea, I know about Westfield historically vs. Brook. Β and I know about Brook's defensive woas. Β but Westfield will have to stop West Brook's high powered offense as well... I'm very impressed with this group of young guns...

After 0-3 start against some good opponents Spring Westfield ran the table on a district full of scrubs only giving up no more than 14 points to the opposition. If Brook starts of hot as they did last game the coach should slow things down just a tad bit so the defense can be more rested for second half. With that being said Brook will win this one and the defense surprises us all because we know the offense gone show up an will score points against a team that hasn't seen a offense high powered since it's last loss so they will under estimate the bruins despite the one loss record until Brooks up 14 just like Centennial did.Β 

West Brook is in a position to do something no Bruin team, in history, has done. In all of West Brook's years, and all the success they've had, no Bruin team has ever wonΒ 12 games in a single season. This 11 win season marks just the 6th time that feat has been accomplished. I'd love for us to get to 12, but my gut says Westfield will be too much. But, I didn't think we'd be sitting here, either, so maybe I'll be wrong. Go Brook!

3 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

This isn't Stump's Bruin football team. We actually have a chance in this game.

13 minutes ago, ice74 said:

I remember that decision Soulja, and WB should have won against FB (Hightower's Pro Qb Carr/ raiders). Β Arrogance kills. Β He was a good coach, but by no means was he Alex Durley. Β 

Well, the rain was our friend, in that game. When it stopped raining, it allowed Carr to go to work, and he torched our secondary. WB was up by 11, with 7 minutes left in the game, and lost 33-31. The rain forced FB Clemens, not Hightower, to run the ball, and we defended it well. When Carr started passing the ball, is when the wheels came off. If it doesn't rain, I think Clemens wins that game by alot more than 2.

55 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

This isn't Stump's Bruin football team. We actually have a chance in this game.

I

Β 

42 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But Stump was the coach that had a Then Young Christine Michael (whose in the NFL now) who on 4th Β and 3 in a playoff game, passed the ball instead of handing off to Michael just to satisfy his arrogance... Β (true story). Β 

Anywho...

We can say what we want by the guy winsΒ 

Kelly

W.Brook

and now AtaschositaΒ 

7 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Well, the rain was our friend, in that game. When it stopped raining, it allowed Carr to go to work, and he torched our secondary. WB was up by 11, with 7 minutes left in the game, and lost 33-31. The rain forced FB Clemens, not Hightower, to run the ball, and we defended it well. When Carr started passing the ball, is when the wheels came off. If it doesn't rain, I think Clemens wins that game by alot more than 2.

But Carr didn't have a good game passing. Β He started just throwing it high to those tall beefy receivers that had. Β A trained monkey can just throw jump ball's to them. Β But the WB CB went for the int and missed and allowed that huge gain in 4th down. Β you bat that pass down, then WB probably wouldn't had a good chance to win state...

39 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Some say Stump was the best in Beaumont when he was here. Β some say he was the best coach in Bruin history....Β 

I disagree, bro. If Durley doesn't have cancer, I think WB could have won another state title. The 83 season, they were undefeated, until Dickinson beat Brook, in the second round. Darley died in 84, before the season started.Then we get Leo Nolan, who coached for 2 seasons, and did ok, but didn't set the world on fire. Hentschel coached from 86 to 96, and had 3 undefeated seasons, but couldn't win in the playoffs. Al Rabb coached from 97 to 04, and we all know how bad WB was then, except for the Chip Ambres 97 team. Stump coached from 05 to 12, and had playoff wins in all of his seasons, as head coach, except for his last season, when little Stump was the QB. I'm proud of what this team has done, with this coaching staff. They have gotten a lot better, over the last couple of seasons. I hope we'replaying football, in December, but that's very difficult to do.

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But Carr didn't have a good game passing. Β He started just throwing it high to those tall beefy receivers that had. Β A trained monkey can just throw jump ball's to them. Β But the WB CB went for the int and missed and allowed that huge gain in 4th down. Β you bat that pass down, then WB probably wouldn't had a good chance to win state...

It was more than just that one play, bud. Clemens was the better team, that day, and they won. Never mind that they got monkey stomped, the following week, by Katy. lol

7 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I

Β 

We can say what we want by the guy winsΒ 

Kelly

W.Brook

and now AtaschositaΒ 

I'm just saying. Β he did have a couple of NFL prospects. Β Beagleton, the WR just set a record in receiving yards at Lamar last year. Β Christine Michael, and Taylor Reed, I think he was in the NFL too. Β Even Ben Goodman, really close to playing for an NFL team. Β All these kids he coached and no state title appearances or championships. Β not even a simifinal appearance...