Fort Bend Marshall 42 Crosby 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You hit it on the head. We still get blown out the same way in the second round we did under Flannigan, we just win more during the regular season. Game really wasn't even competitive, they out-athleted us from the first whistle to the last. 

Sad part is with Jaiden Howard playing QB next year Crosby will probably once again win the district and play from the same playoff position meaning we'll get Marshall again, who just blew the doors off of us with a bunch of sophomores and juniors. 

Crosby has basically been destroyed 4 out of last 5 years in the second round. I count Manir because that one wasn't competitive in the second half but the other second round losses have been by 28 to Elgin, 28 to Ridge Point and 21 to Marshall. 

Hope you guys get it together next season congrats on a good year

13 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

Marshall did not lose anyone to Ridge point. Ridge point pulled from Hightower and elkins.

I think marshall has always had athletes. they probably just have a better group of kids right now and maybe a better coach to pull the best from them.

I went and looked it up, your right. I think I  got Marshall and Elkins mixed up. Lol

This is the hidden content, please

Look at the attendance maps. Ridge points attendance zone doesn't touch Marshall's at all.

What happened was marshall opened, and it was new and everyone wanted to go there, so people that should have been going to Hightower and willow Ridge and probably dulles ended up over there.

They were stout for a few years then they fell off.

Then a few years ago, they had jw Ketchum who was a sensational talent and helped will them to being stout again.

I think what you see now is just the stabilizing of the program after being open for more than a decade. 

3 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

This is the hidden content, please

Look at the attendance maps. Ridge points attendance zone doesn't touch Marshall's at all.

What happened was marshall ope ed, and it was new and everyone wantes to go there, so people that should have Ben going to Hightower and willow Ridge and probably dulles ended up over there.

They were stout for a few years then they fell off.

Then a few years ago, they had jw Ketchum who was a sensational talent and helped will them to being stout again.

I think what you see now is just the stabilizing of the program after being open for more than a decade. 

Jw Ketchum played for Houston lamar and came to PA and ran all overy PAM

28 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Destroyed? Okay. Sure. This game was not getting destroyed it was one team executing... And one team failing in the redzone 3 times. Good for Marshall but both these teams will/would lose next week.

Crosby was down by 15 points relatively early in the game, trailed by two tds the vast majority of the game and lost by 21. Multiple turnovers, running into the punter allowing another TD, first and goal ending with no points, other times inside the red zone with no points and playing poorly on defense. Maybe you call it something different because it's our kids? 

There's a silver lining in everything. We had the ball inside the 5 yard line on Elgin tied at 28 and looking to take the lead with 6 or 7 mins left in the game. We threw two endzone interceptions against Ridge Point and gave up two big pass plays, otherwise that's probably a different game. We lost those by a combined 56. At the end of the day it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

Crosby has only been past the 2nd round once since 2009. With the talent they have been having it's unacceptable. 

True statement! They are stacked at pretty much all the skilled positions but for some reason Rio doesn't utilize good talent to the full potential. Poor play calling and lack of different packages to get more playmakers involved. I would wager my right leg that it is a host of coaches that are salivating to have the talent Crosby does. It's a disgrace to lose to a team that ran 2 plays pretty much all night. 

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I agree and after watching round 1 playoff game, I  question the decisions of thier coach about QB position.  I'm on the outside looking in though. Crosby is a tremendous regular season team, but become suspect in the playoffs.

More consistency would be nice built 2 years removed from a semi final run. JS. 

1 hour ago, Cougar239 said:

True statement! They are stacked at pretty much all the skilled positions but for some reason Rio doesn't utilize good talent to the full potential. Poor play calling and lack of different packages to get more playmakers involved. I would wager my right leg that it is a host of coaches that are salivating to have the talent Crosby does. It's a disgrace to lose to a team that ran 2 plays pretty much all night. 

Agree some. Don't forget show important O-Line Play is tho. 

Is what it is. Will look on the bright side and look 3 peat District Championship and a semi-final run in the last 3 years and hope for a longer run next year. 

Go Crosby!!!

O-line had been suspect all year but again nothing missing. If you want to win in the playoffs you have to put your best on the field. Just having #16 on the field at WR will open up your run game. Against RP we rather abandoned the run game than allow Trey Edwards to be the face of the victory. We need coaches that aren't in to politics. MAKE CROSBY GREAT AGAIN

9 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

I'm not trying to rub salt in a wound but as pathetic as Dayton was they were able to run pretty much the same couple plays all night against Crosby. You could probably put Daytons playbook on a tiny napkin. I just kept thinking Crosby would turn things around with the players they had. Well congrats on a good year and I'm sure y'all will most likely be battling for the district championship again next year. But until everyone around here wakes up I don't see any deep playoffs runs from our district. 

52 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

O-line had been suspect all year but again nothing missing. If you want to win in the playoffs you have to put your best on the field. Just having #16 on the field at WR will open up your run game. Against RP we rather abandoned the run game than allow Trey Edwards to be the face of the victory. We need coaches that aren't in to politics. MAKE CROSBY GREAT AGAIN

Ya'll have a stud WR with #88, I think Woodard. In the Vidor game, I think he had 4 or 5 catches, QB hardly threw to him and he was a nightmare matchup for Vidor DB's. With that said, if the ol ball coach would've put #16 at WR, there's not too many HS that could cover #88 and #16 every play imo.

It's no surprise to me that Crosby lost in round two. They just weren't as salty as they have been in previous years, whether it was discipline issues or players out of position, just not that great. Sloppy play with good atheletes is no different than sloppy play with great atheletes. When you got a player going D1 to LSU as a receiver, you would think that he would be played in his position, but it is funny how Crosby fans love their coach, players, etc. but trail the whole game and then loose in round 2 ,again, "oh I been saying this and that all year" shoulda woulda coulda. And as far as Bronco Pride, man you got issues. There is a lot of hatred and anger inside you. You just gonna have to figure out how to get over it, there is a lot of fans for Dayton that also missed out on the playoff fun, along with their kids and the rest of the team, but I know we will back in the top two spots in district next year and enjoy a nice playoff run. But if you get tired of logging in setx as BroncoPride, you could change it to CougarPride, EaglePride, or GrumbledBroncoPride, stop hating brother, come on home now because next year may be too late for you because of your statements this year, social media is forever. GO BRONCOS 2017!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

It's no surprise to me that Crosby lost in round two. They just weren't as salty as they have been in previous years, whether it was discipline issues or players out of position, just not that great. Sloppy play with good atheletes is no different than sloppy play with great atheletes. When you got a player going D1 to LSU as a receiver, you would think that he would be played in his position, but it is funny how Crosby fans love their coach, players, etc. but trail the whole game and then loose in round 2 ,again, "oh I been saying this and that all year" shoulda woulda coulda. And as far as Bronco Pride, man you got issues. There is a lot of hatred and anger inside you. You just gonna have to figure out how to get over it, there is a lot of fans for Dayton that also missed out on the playoff fun, along with their kids and the rest of the team, but I know we will back in the top two spots in district next year and enjoy a nice playoff run. But if you get tired of logging in setx as BroncoPride, you could change it to CougarPride, EaglePride, or GrumbledBroncoPride, stop hating brother, come on home now because next year may be too late for you because of your statements this year, social media is forever. GO BRONCOS 2017!!!!!!!

Lol. Yes mam. I have been posting on here since 09 and don't really care what people think. Just call it how I see it.