West Orange-Stark 47 Robinson 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

12 hours ago, td said:

Trust me I'm not complaining at all. Any and everything we can get from you is gravy and we appreciate the time you take away from family and give to the Mustangs. I'm just finally fed up with this one guy beating a dead horse when I know how bad they want to be successful. Everything you think in your head doesn't have to be put on here. And if the truth be told, my daddy feelings are probably showing. Lol

TD , these young men are doing great , as kicker well knows a world of issues can occur on a point after kick, that's why they call it an attempt . Kudos to kicker for taking the time to work with them.

9 hours ago, MMstangfan said:

TD , these young men are doing great , as kicker well knows a world of issues can occur on a point after kick, that's why they call it an attempt . Kudos to kicker for taking the time to work with them.

Let it also be said that #49's kickoffs have been inside the 10 yard line almost every time, and more than a few times at the goal line. That IS a big improvement and makes it even tougher on the receiving team because our guys are fast downfield to make that big hit and tackle. Kickoff coverage and forcing not-so-good field position has been a success on this year's team and that all begins with good kickoffs. Nice work, Chad Dallas. 

59 minutes ago, griff said:

Let it also be said that #49's kickoffs have been inside the 10 yard line almost every time, and more than a few times at the goal line. That IS a big improvement and makes it even tougher on the receiving team because our guys are fast downfield to make that big hit and tackle. Kickoff coverage and forcing not-so-good field position has been a success on this year's team and that all begins with good kickoffs. Nice work, Chad Dallas. 

+100

the average starting field position of our opponents is the 27 yard line.  You are correct as Chad averages 50+ yards per kickoff with about a 3.5 second hangtime. If you want to see something fun, watch him cover on those kicks as well... he has several tackles and a fumble recovery. 

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 8:30 AM, td said:

Man I'm tired of you posting the same crap. I think it's obvious that the xtra point kicking game isn't where we want it. However, we have two boys that are working every single day to do the best they can. We don't have a kicking coach that works with them on a regular basis. They basically try to figure it on their own. So if they develop bad habits then unfortunately that's what they practice. Trust me, they know about their short comings. If it makes you feel better about yourself to point out the obvious all the time, then please continue. I know how much work and extra practice goes into trying to get better but I'm not a kicking coach so I'm not much help. If you are please let me know. We would welcome your expertise. 

Tony Dallas

TD I think I need to correct sum folks for u.i have over 35 yrs experience of watching w.o football. If ppl was really watching kickers these days they would know.all the great teams from every classification are missing  xpts . A kid in high school doesn't have the time in practice .to work on it. Bc the holder in high school is usually the qb or wr.so the qb or wr are normally with there position coach.so the kicker time is limited. And wen speaking on our mustangs it want come down to the kicking game !! It's all abt fundamentals. As long as we do that can't nobody beat us. We all know wat happened in '14 but don't forget even with the 3 xtra pts missed we were still up by 3 tds. That we gave gilmer gifts. For them to get in the ball game.and they wore us down bc we didn't Capitalize on the opportunity we had in the 2nd half.and u can't do that against gud teams.

7 minutes ago, kicker said:

I see what the problem is. Will do my best to fix it. Like I said, mechanics. Kicking a field goal/pat is identical to a golf swing. Muscle memory!! Of course kicking a field goal/pat takes 3 people when golf only takes 1. Anyways, y'all get my drift....

If no one else says it. We truly appreciate you for everything ur doin. Lol, at the end of day we still are a team of destiny.  Always remember jd3 plays his best games wen the pressure is on. So don't b surprised if he wins mvp again. 

On 11/19/2016 at 11:14 PM, tennisbc said:

WOS would be the complete team if we only had a better kicking game. Sorry but we have had all year to try to be consistent but still not there. Would be worth it to just go for 2 points.

This post really ticks me off. We have not had a good kicker for several years, but one boy stepped up to the plate and said I would like to have that job. From what I understand, he had ZERO experience and no soccer. I was told he went to kicking camps at UT, to work on his technique. WOS, to my knowledge, does not have a kicking coach, but, there is an ex-Mustang kicker with the expertise and experience to help him. The young man lines up to do his level best to put it through the uprights. Give him a break and your support, instead of posting criticism on him. He has improved all year, and is still getting better. 

CC

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

This post really ticks me off. We have not had a good kicker for several years, but one boy stepped up to the plate and said I would like to have that job. From what I understand, he had ZERO experience and no soccer. I was told he went to kicking camps at UT, to work on his technique. WOS, to my knowledge, does not have a kicking coach, but, there is an ex-Mustang kicker with the expertise and experience to help him. The young man lines up to do his level best to put it through the uprights. Give him a break and your support, instead of posting criticism on him. He has improved all year, and is still getting better. 

CC

Yup....well said.  A young man thought he could help and certainly has.  Regardless of any extra points, like Griff said, he has been instrumental in this teams success.  WOS doesn't have to do "mortar kicks" and have the opposing team start at the 40.  From the 40, a team only needs a couple first downs and they are in 4 down territory.  Someone pointed out that the average starting field position is the 27...huge difference.  It is basically making a team march the length of the field against a great defense.  

With that being said, I have more confidence in our XPs than I have in a long time.  Along with the ability to nail a field goal if need be.  Many of us are aware of the challenges that this position faces with our team.  I applaud both young men for stepping up.

So unmmmmm TD....do you have anymore Dallas boys coming up through the ranks?!

45 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

Yup....well said.  A young man thought he could help and certainly has.  Regardless of any extra points, like Griff said, he has been instrumental in this teams success.  WOS doesn't have to do "mortar kicks" and have the opposing team start at the 40.  From the 40, a team only needs a couple first downs and they are in 4 down territory.  Someone pointed out that the average starting field position is the 27...huge difference.  It is basically making a team march the length of the field against a great defense.  

With that being said, I have more confidence in our XPs than I have in a long time.  Along with the ability to nail a field goal if need be.  Many of us are aware of the challenges that this position faces with our team.  I applaud both young men for stepping up.

So unmmmmm TD....do you have anymore Dallas boys coming up through the ranks?!

All out. My 2018 is the caboose.