Coaching openings

dBerrySports

Most of the rumbling in Silsbee comes from this site or non decision makers in the stands who feel they can coach. I for one wasn't a fan at first of Randy Smith but he seems to be doing some positive things in the program. It hard to compete vs the best in the area when you run a new offense and defense isn't that good. 6-5 wasn't the record I expected but I could see them going 4 rounds next season. 

16 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

And a few mommy's and daddy's could take turns as position coaches.

No doubt.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of smaller schools that fit into this category.  Sideline coaches alway know more...just ask them.  I really have a hard time justifying why anyone would want to coach for a living.  There are very few schools where you would run into issues like this.  

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

No doubt.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of smaller schools that fit into this category.  Sideline coaches alway know more...just ask them.  I really have a hard time justifying why anyone would want to coach for a living.  There are very few schools where you would run into issues like this.  

It is everywhere, at every level. We do it because it is a calling. We love the game and we care about kids. And most of us couldn't make a living doing anything else.

10 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

It is everywhere, at every level. We do it because it is a calling. We love the game and we care about kids. And most of us couldn't make a living doing anything else.

I applaud you.  I can only imagine how tough of a job it must be.  Which is why I always come to the defense of coaches the way I do.  I have a lot of friends and family that were/are in education.  

On 11/16/2016 at 5:16 PM, BADSANTA said:

Most of the rumbling in Silsbee comes from this site or non decision makers in the stands who feel they can coach. I for one wasn't a fan at first of Randy Smith but he seems to be doing some positive things in the program. It hard to compete vs the best in the area when you run a new offense and defense isn't that good. 6-5 wasn't the record I expected but I could see them going 4 rounds next season. 

Bottom line, in Silsbee and probably many other places, people can't adopt to change, and automatically become detractors and stay that way, no matter the positive results.  it's the man's first HC gig, and I thing he did quite well.  Hear the Jackarses in the stands,man, go to the spread, it isn't working, but the team put up excellent yards per game all year and put up a ton of points.  It almost seemed like they wanted him to fail, and when he did fail (the loss to Bridge City and loss to Carthage), the villiage idiots come out in full force.  

Anyway, Coach Smith isn't going anywhere and he'll do a lot better next year...

9 hours ago, the sports guy said:

I know of a long time coach in this area that took two seasons to mature his Head Coaching ability.  I believe his team won state last year. Look at the film on his first two years......then now. I believe he learned a few things and adjusted.

The key words that you used "learning" and "adjusting"...

On 11/17/2016 at 6:47 AM, MadMustang said:

When you think of Texas football, isn't Silsbee the first place that pops into your mind?  

Football isn't even the first thing that pops into my mind when someone says Silsbee athletics.  Isn't their basketball team making state tournament appearances  relatively often?