Rookie of the year (not Dak or Zeke)

1 hour ago, king said:

You know how impressive that is for a lineman? 

Zeke is doing amazing, but that line though..

Almost the same line Murray had and Zeke is doing better, lots better. I refuse to fault a RB for his talent because of his line. All I can say is that it's too bad the other RBs didn't have owners smart enough to draft first and second round o-linemen.

Honestly, that's a great stat for a lineman, but I think it is more difficult to run block, but that's just me.

On 11/15/2016 at 9:17 AM, baddog said:

Zeke will probably get ROY and MVP.

I've had this debate between Dak and Zeke.  I think Dak is more valuable to the Cowboys and there is no way they are the best team in the league without him.   Look at their record last year when Romo went down and McFadden still rushed for over 1,000 yardsbehind that line.    

I could see Dak being MVP and Zeke getting ROY if they want to spread the awards around a little. 

9 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I've had this debate between Dak and Zeke.  I think Dak is more valuable to the Cowboys and there is no way they are the best team in the league without him.   Look at their record last year when Romo went down and McFadden still rushed for over 1,000 yardsbehind that line.    

I could see Dak being MVP and Zeke getting ROY if they want to spread the awards around a little. 

True, and I have no problem with your assessment if it ends up that way. It's really a tough decision because what you say is true, but without some of the moves and pure speed that Zeke has, we could be 6-4. I don't think McFadden would have scored on the screen pass against the Steelers. I constantly tell my wife (who loves football) and my son that they should be thankful that this is happening in their lifetime because it may never happen again. We are watching history in the making.

Pleaseee. Dak for MVP? yeah right. Dude is a good qb don't get me wrong,and will be a good one in this league. I think he is a good qb that's blessed with a super bowl built team. 

I would take Winston and Mariota over him this season

Let's see how Dak could do with a 2-14 team with no name players

In a pansy division where the top team is 6-5, anyone could could shine. You have Murray and Marriota. Don't go putting teams down because they drafted better over the years to build a team. That's a loser mentality. Good to know you think Dak is "ok". If he came from Miami, you'd be singing his praises. Teams are what they are. You can't "insert" other players on other teams. Nobody cries about Eric Dickerson running behind that line he had with the Rams......Jackie Slater and co.!!! Nobody cries about Bradshaw, Montana, Bart Starr, etc......they ALL had stars and offensive lines that were all pro. Give it a rest and just admit you hate the Cowboys. I work with plenty of them.

Baddog,

I'm not bashing Prescott. He will prolly come down as one of the best quarterbacks to put on a Cowboys Jersey. All in saying is..he should not get MVP. There is other quarterbacks who is doing better.

If nobody has been watching how Mariota is playing. He should be in the MVP talk. Look at his amazing stats. To think his team was 2-14,3-13 past few years.

King, not trying to be an arse. Just tired of hearing about how our rookies are benefitting from the o-line. Of course they are. It took years of average and sub par seasons to be able to get this team where it is. Unlike the early 90s teams that were a culmination of drafts and trades via Herschel Walker, I have had to endure year after year of what ifs. Now that we have a win streak going and will make the playoffs, I am constantly bombarded by what ifs about other player's success stories if they had our team. Kinda moot and not something that I feel apologetic towards.

BTW, Dak has brought this team from 4-12 to 11-1.

• 2 weeks later...

After Jack Conklin shut the superbowl MVP Von Miller down this past Sunday. He moved up to #2 on Roy power rankings. He is now rated the #1 right tackle in the NFL. That is great being named #1 at your position at your 1st year. He has Tamba Hali this week. Fowler next,and Wiley the last week.  If he shuts them all down. Give this kid rookie of the year.

15589773_1118122304973690_70416371866257

Zeke is #1 in rushing yards and #2 in rushing touchdowns (and also has 28 catches for another 322 yards).

Dak is #18 in passing yards and #16 in passing TDs.

There's no comparison which one is the better player OR which has been more important for the cowboys this year.  Yes, Dak has had a good year, but without that offensive line and defenses having to respect the best rushing attack in the league, he's nowhere near as good.  He's been a solid game manager, not much more, and when it did look like he was moving beyond that he laid eggs the last two weeks against decent defenses.  Zeke is the MVP, Dak is the ROY.  There's nothing to debate.