Question about PA Memorial

503Raised

no. it's gimmick plays, that imo, shouldn't be attempted. i did like him at WR on the outside like against Porter. nobody can match his speed on a straight go. angelle was at db due to KJ had a cramp. Jones had no business on defense. i think #13 was being punished or something. Porter wasn't a fast team. KJ had the best player locked down. and a possible showdown with manvel won't happen till turkey day weekend....we are just rd two.

I remember Angelle starting the first game against Bay City at corner, then no more after that , me personally I think Valsin should get some snaps on offense at RB , big strong fast kid , he runs hard and played RB at Kelly too especially on short yardage, like Romar a couple of years ago , i like KJ on offense , because he's  a speed nightmare , all in all I think Kenny gonna surprise some folks man for real , Manvel ain't unstoppable , we can match up with them boys over there , evrn though tgey have to stay focus one game at a time , but I know they ready to slay Hercules 

We played them in 2010 and was able to put up points on them, two turnovers an onside kick and some penalties Is all the separated us from them! I think yall have the athletes to get it done, and am praying yall do. I would love to see both our teams make deep runs. Im like PAKRONOS, don't do nothing cute just do what got you there. It has a way of working it self out in the end. I could see putting KC on offense though because of his mental attitude and the athleticism he brings! He is a baller, he can make it happen! Would like to see RB Hines get some screen passes out in the flats, give him some open space and he is gone!

4 hours ago, biaplayer said:

We played them in 2010 and was able to put up points on them, two turnovers an onside kick and some penalties Is all the separated us from them! I think yall have the athletes to get it done, and am praying yall do. I would love to see both our teams make deep runs. Im like PAKRONOS, don't do nothing cute just do what got you there. It has a way of working it self out in the end. I could see putting KC on offense though because of his mental attitude and the athleticism he brings! He is a baller, he can make it happen! Would like to see RB Hines get some screen passes out in the flats, give him some open space and he is gone!

yeah....about those screen passes....bambi can't make them...they either too high or out of reach. when they are completed, they run it to the short side of the field smh....

20 hours ago, Finesser said:

I remember Angelle starting the first game against Bay City at corner, then no more after that , me personally I think Valsin should get some snaps on offense at RB , big strong fast kid , he runs hard and played RB at Kelly too especially on short yardage, like Romar a couple of years ago , i like KJ on offense , because he's  a speed nightmare , all in all I think Kenny gonna surprise some folks man for real , Manvel ain't unstoppable , we can match up with them boys over there , evrn though tgey have to stay focus one game at a time , but I know they ready to slay Hercules 

Y'all are good but... I don't think anyone can matchup with Manvel this year. They have manhandled everyone they've played. They put a whooping to Crosby, North Shore and Pearland in the pre-district. All of which are district champs. 

PAM's good but in the words of Lee Corso "Hold your horses there." 

3 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Y'all are good but... I don't think anyone can matchup with Manvel this year. They have manhandled everyone they've played. They put a whooping to Crosby, North Shore and Pearland in the pre-district. All of which are district champs. 

PAM's good but in the words of Lee Corso "Hold your horses there." 

in all honesty, the only creditable win was north shore and that wasn't a whipping. Pearland ISN'T the same Pearland, by the way PAM handled them with no problems during the scrimmage. they only had one play that went over 3-5 yards and that was a long pass due to PAM defense was literally looking at the coaches for the play. Crosby needs to have a seat...they let a Porter team beat them in OT...the same Porter team that got smoked by PAM with EASE!!Manvel plays in a SOFT district just like PAM so you really can't judge on how good they really are. So PAM matches up with them well. That match up is PAM's defense will stop or slow Manvels offense. the key is can we score on Manvels defense...i think we can, but the defense will have to put us in good field position to do it, as in starting out on their 45 or better.

39 minutes ago, pakronos said:

in all honesty, the only creditable win was north shore and that wasn't a whipping. Pearland ISN'T the same Pearland which is why they are one and done, by the way PAM handled them with no problems during the scrimmage. they only had one play that went over 3-5 yards and that was a long pass due to PAM defense was literally looking at the coaches for the play. Crosby needs to have a seat...they let a Porter team beat them in OT...the same Porter team that got smoked by PAM with EASE!!Manvel plays in a SOFT district just like PAM so you really can't judge on how good they really are. So PAM matches up with them well. That match up is PAM's defense will stop or slow Manvels offense. the key is can we score on Manvels defense...i think we can, but the defense will have to put us in good field position to do it, as in starting out on their 45 or better.

Agreed....Coaching is key when talent,speed and athleticism is pretty even!

11 hours ago, biaplayer said:

PNG correct? What separated the two was Manvel pulling the starters with about 9 mins left in the game (up by damn near 30 points)... You guys pull out all the stops and score 25 points in 6 mins... Other than that you guys were overmatched. You had plenty of heart though and didn't lay down.

11 hours ago, biaplayer said:

You would have to ask one of the Manvel fans but I don't think the 2011 state final team was even as good as this squad. Tucker and Preston are probably NFL players and maybe the linebacker too. To call the defense on this year's Manvel squad suffocating might be selling them short, I don't think that '11 squad had that. You have to realize if they were in 6A they would most likely be ranked #3 in the state and the favorite to play Cibolo Steele in the D2 semifinals. 

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

in all honesty, the only creditable win was north shore and that wasn't a whipping. Pearland ISN'T the same Pearland, by the way PAM handled them with no problems during the scrimmage. they only had one play that went over 3-5 yards and that was a long pass due to PAM defense was literally looking at the coaches for the play. Crosby needs to have a seat...they let a Porter team beat them in OT...the same Porter team that got smoked by PAM with EASE!!Manvel plays in a SOFT district just like PAM so you really can't judge on how good they really are. So PAM matches up with them well. That match up is PAM's defense will stop or slow Manvels offense. the key is can we score on Manvels defense...i think we can, but the defense will have to put us in good field position to do it, as in starting out on their 45 or better.

Manvel's only credible win is NS? LOL! Ok... Then in the next breath you give PAM credit for a scrimmage? Are you joking. Scrimmage don't mean NOTHING! But Pearland ISN'T the same Pearland though? They just beat the 24-4A District Champs. And oh yeah... Crosby just beat that Vidor team that slaughtered ya'll a couple weeks ago. Can they get a little credit? Plus they didn't have some starters in the Porter game. 

At least you gave Manvel credit for NS. Yes, Manvel plays in a soft district? True some of these teams aren't what they once was. But in 2012-13 we came out of a SOFT district and beat the ALL-MIGHTY 21-5A PAM, 2013-14 we came out of a SOFT  district and beat the rough & tough LaPorte, 2014-15 we came out of a SOFT district and beat Westbrook, 2015 we came out of a SOFT district and beat Channelview. And we also 3-2 vs 21-5A stud dog NS! 

Let's take care of business a see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You would have to ask one of the Manvel fans but I don't think the 2011 state final team was even as good as this squad. Tucker and Preston are probably NFL players and maybe the linebacker too. To call the defense on this year's Manvel squad suffocating might be selling them short, I don't think that '11 squad had that. You have to realize if they were in 6A they would most likely be ranked #3 in the state and the favorite to play Cibolo Steele in the D2 semifinals. 

This team would punish the 2011team and I hate to say that.

Bro, you lost to Vidor by double digits the week before we beat them by 9 with two tds called back and a dumb safety late in the game. Not only that, in the district championship game your coach got outcoached by a guy with a career sub .500 record. If you're going to use the transitive property on a loss Crosby took two months ago under the perfect circumstances for Porter then that loss PAM took two weeks ago looks real bad. Not that I even care but looking over resumes for the season Crosby's is actually better than PAM's other than our losss to Manvel by the same two tds North Shore did. 

3 hours ago, Pwr90 said:
1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:
1 hour ago, songone said:

Manvel's only credible win is NS? LOL! Ok... Then in the next breath you give PAM credit for a scrimmage? Are you joking. Scrimmage don't mean NOTHING! But Pearland ISN'T the same Pearland though? They just beat the 24-4A District Champs. And oh yeah... Crosby just beat that Vidor team that slaughtered ya'll a couple weeks ago. Can they get a little credit? Plus they didn't have some starters in the Porter game. 

At least you gave Manvel credit for NS. Yes, Manvel plays in a soft district? True some of these teams aren't what they once was. But in 2012-13 we came out of a SOFT district and beat the ALL-MIGHTY 21-5A PAM, 2013-14 we came out of a SOFT  district and beat the rough & tough LaPorte, 2014-15 we came out of a SOFT district and beat Westbrook, 2015 we came out of a SOFT district and beat Channelview. And we also 3-2 vs 21-5A stud dog NS! 

Let's take care of business a see what happens. 

Bro, you lost to Vidor by double digits the week before we beat them by 9 with two tds called back and a dumb safety late in the game. Not only that, in the district championship game your coach got outcoached by a guy with a career sub .500 record. If you're going to use the transitive property on a loss Crosby took two months ago under the perfect circumstances for Porter then that loss PAM took two weeks ago looks real bad. Not that I even care but looking over resumes for the season Crosby's is actually better than PAM's other than our losss to Manvel by the same two tds North Shore did. 

Agreed....Coaching is key when talent,speed and athleticism is pretty even!

songone...lets cut the crap...Pearland isn't what it has been. yes it was a scrimmage, but even in a scrimmage if you can't move the ball at all against a defense, there is a drop off or a problem. the 24-4A champs?? i guess you mean 24-6A....Yeah cause cleer creek is a power house EVERY year...NOT. like i said...the north shore win actually hold some weight. oh and when were in the same district with them, the series went back and fourth till numbers caught up to us.... i'll be honest, PAM hasn't played ANYBODY. Which brings me to the vidor game...first off 31-21 isn't a slaughter. props to vidor like i said many of times, BUT these are kids that walked into that stadium like vidor was going to rollover and show them their belly. first half was owned by vidor due to an onside kick, a PAM fumble, and our defense was pretty much being lazy. second half saw a different PAM team. 21- unanswered points in 5 min. 24-21with 8min left. the rest is purely coaching and NOT the team. So we looking forward to HOKA JOKE come rd 4...just make sure you are there.

Crosby...aka code brown...well if Manvel beat you by two TD's they must not be that good...your 9 point win over a vidor team that still took you down to the last minutes of the game says they were good as advertised. now that same Porter team that whipped you all the way into OT and you loss, took PAM 2 qtrs to put away...and it was wasn't pretty...PAM sacked that poor kid 10 times. ran through them like a hot knife through butter. So, you saying Crosby is better?? HA...vidor took it to both teams. porter took it to only one.

On 11/14/2016 at 3:47 PM, pakronos said:

no. it's gimmick plays, that imo, shouldn't be attempted. i did like him at WR on the outside like against Porter. nobody can match his speed on a straight go. angelle was at db due to KJ had a cramp. Jones had no business on defense. i think #13 was being punished or something. Porter wasn't a fast team. KJ had the best player locked down. and a possible showdown with manvel won't happen till turkey day weekend....we are just rd two.

See. You make my point again by not knowing crap. Didn't like him at WR? Dude blew by a DB like I haven't seen a WR blow by someone in a long time and scored a 33 yard touchdown on the play. The guy played off KJ at the line and Vincent was 10 yards past him and in the end zone. 

Yeah, I would hate for that to happen anymore during these playoffs. That would be horrible. 

songone...lets cut the crap...Pearland isn't what it has been. yes it was a scrimmage, but even in a scrimmage if you can't move the ball at all against a defense, there is a drop off or a problem. the 24-4A champs?? i guess you mean 24-6A....Yeah cause cleer creek is a power house EVERY year...NOT. like i said...the north shore win actually hold some weight. oh and when were in the same district with them, the series went back and fourth till numbers caught up to us.... i'll be honest, PAM hasn't played ANYBODY. Which brings me to the vidor game...first off 31-21 isn't a slaughter. props to vidor like i said many of times, BUT these are kids that walked into that stadium like vidor was going to rollover and show them their belly. first half was owned by vidor due to an onside kick, a PAM fumble, and our defense was pretty much being lazy. second half saw a different PAM team. 21- unanswered points in 5 min. 24-21with 8min left. the rest is purely coaching and NOT the team. So we looking forward to HOKA JOKE come rd 4...just make sure you are there.

Crosby...aka code brown...well if Manvel beat you by two TD's they must not be that good...your 9 point win over a vidor team that still took you down to the last minutes of the game says they were good as advertised. now that same Porter team that whipped you all the way into OT and you loss, took PAM 2 qtrs to put away...and it was wasn't pretty...PAM sacked that poor kid 10 times. ran through them like a hot knife through butter. So, you saying Crosby is better?? HA...vidor took it to both teams. porter took it to only one.

Dude Pearland is not a bad team at all. Not the state team but still a very good 6A team. Alief Taylor (district champs) beat them in the last seconds, Dawson (rivalry game) beat them by a small margin but it's always close between them and Manvel usually beats them anyway. From a far and by record it may appear that way... but Pearland is not a slouch. My thing is you are deflating our win vs them yet pumping up your scrimmage game vs them. Interesting! And that's Clear Springs 24-6A (not Clear Creek nor 24-2A). Clear Springs was a very good team. They beat Dickinson and Friendswood but loss to Pearland twice. As far as the Vidor game...  dude they ran for almost 400 yards on y'all. That a slaughter in my book. Damn the score... I'm talking about the physical abuse I watched on Texanlive.com. They took you guys out behind the woodshed. Just my opinion. I mean they only passed the ball a few times, nothing fancy just physically punished PAM. Lazy is you excuse though? LOL!

HOKA JOKE will be there... Like I was there in 2012-2013. Heard the same exact BS back then too. LOL! 

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

im not saying nothing bad about Manvel at all I know how much talent they have trust me,  but I know PAM has talent to boot also and if you think differently then you don't have a clue. There is no doubt in my mind if they were 6a they would be ranked, but I do think Memorial has the athletes to match up with them and contend.

12 hours ago, pakronos said:

Another thing I disagree with... PAM district is not soft IMO. PAM, PNG, Vidor and Nederland are 4 very tough outs. I mean Vidor beat you guys then fought with good Crosby team... BC should have won their game IMO... PNG has heart, talent with coaching and you guys are a    talent pool that can field a good team year after year. What other 5A district in the area is better than yours? I honestly think Nederland would have beat New Caney if they wouldn't have had those issues. You need to give that district some credit bro.

10 hours ago, pakronos said:

Mouse, huffing paint is illegal. Vidor beat y'alls head in. North Shore was kicking PAM's teeth in 66-7 a decade ago and has been mashing your head into the ground ever since except for one year PAM was good and one year NS was down, they were crop dusting PAM no matter the numbers. You're a flat out idiot if you call getting throttled multiple times against two wins going back and fourth. Not only that, y'all struggled with a trash Westside team that was blown out by a Houston Heights we were up 25-0 on when we pulled the starters. You barely beat a PNG team that struggled mightily with BH who was blown out twice by Crosby and NC in district play. One of the most stupid things I've heard you say on here is that PAM walked into a district championship game expecting Vidor to roll over, you just need to accept the fact that you got your arse handed to you by double digits. Vidor didn't need OT either. Nobody cares about your excuses, just like they didn't care about Crosby's who had a real argument for overlooking a team that won like 6 games the previous three years. You proved my point though, you have to point to a Porter win two months ago to make your point but I can point to your whole season to make mine.

PAM was 6-14 their last two years in 6A, Manvel just beat the #6 ranked team in 6A who also happens to be the defending champ. The also beat a 6A-D1 area finalist in Pearland 36-0. You must think PAM is a clown show if you're calling Manvel Hoka Joke. Manvel would slaughter PAM by four or five tds and that's if coach Martin called the dogs off.   

15 hours ago, Gabe said:

See. You make my point again by not knowing crap. Didn't like him at WR? Dude blew by a DB like I haven't seen a WR blow by someone in a long time and scored a 33 yard touchdown on the play. The guy played off KJ at the line and Vincent was 10 yards past him and in the end zone. 

Yeah, I would hate for that to happen anymore during these playoffs. That would be horrible. 

please do not respond to me coward. that was a good play, BUT doing trick plays and playing people out of position is a quick way for bad things to go wrong, (see vidor). Porter was a very bad team to begin with...btw, when are you and xbox expecting??

13 hours ago, songone said:

Dude Pearland is not a bad team at all. Not the state team but still a very good 6A team. Alief Taylor (district champs) beat them in the last seconds, Dawson (rivalry game) beat them by a small margin but it's always close between them and Manvel usually beats them anyway. From a far and by record it may appear that way... but Pearland is not a slouch. My thing is you are deflating our win vs them yet pumping up your scrimmage game vs them. Interesting! And that's Clear Springs 24-6A (not Clear Creek nor 24-2A). Clear Springs was a very good team. They beat Dickinson and Friendswood but loss to Pearland twice. As far as the Vidor game...  dude they ran for almost 400 yards on y'all. That a slaughter in my book. Damn the score... I'm talking about the physical abuse I watched on Texanlive.com. They took you guys out behind the woodshed. Just my opinion. I mean they only passed the ball a few times, nothing fancy just physically punished PAM. Lazy is you excuse though? LOL!

HOKA JOKE will be there... Like I was there in 2012-2013. Heard the same exact BS back then too. LOL! 

explain second half of the vidor game...yah exactly HUSH mouthed. Pearland is NOT the usual Pearland. good enough for 2-3 rds, but not like the 5 rd teams we normally see. see you around HOKA JOKE

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Mouse, huffing paint is illegal. Vidor beat y'alls head in. North Shore was kicking PAM's teeth in 66-7 a decade ago and has been mashing your head into the ground ever since except for one year PAM was good and one year NS was down, they were crop dusting PAM no matter the numbers. You're a flat out idiot if you call getting throttled multiple times against two wins going back and fourth. Not only that, y'all struggled with a trash Westside team that was blown out by a Houston Heights we were up 25-0 on when we pulled the starters. You barely beat a PNG team that struggled mightily with BH who was blown out twice by Crosby and NC in district play. One of the most stupid things I've heard you say on here is that PAM walked into a district championship game expecting Vidor to roll over, you just need to accept the fact that you got your arse handed to you by double digits. Vidor didn't need OT either. Nobody cares about your excuses, just like they didn't care about Crosby's who had a real argument for overlooking a team that won like 6 games the previous three years. You proved my point though, you have to point to a Porter win two months ago to make your point but I can point to your whole season to make mine.

PAM was 6-14 their last two years in 6A, Manvel just beat the #6 ranked team in 6A who also happens to be the defending champ. The also beat a 6A-D1 area finalist in Pearland 36-0. You must think PAM is a clown show if you're calling Manvel Hoka Joke. Manvel would slaughter PAM by four or five tds and that's if coach Martin called the dogs off.   

OKAY GLASS LICKER...the first year they played PAM yes it was brutal. Second year, they was not down, we won 7-6 in the mud bowl.the next year they won. the next year after that we won over in their stadium. after that they finished beating us in CLOSE games. you are soooo but hurt that crosby is yesterdays trash lol...getting beat by a team that passes to one WR smh