Highest paid high school coaches in Houston area

Cougar14.2

21 hours ago, png9mon said:

In 2011, 5 years ago:

Top five coaches’ salaries in District

1. Larry Neumann, Nederland: $94,980.56

Sure he is making significantly more now.  He has won a few games since then.

It was recently published in the Beaumont Enterprise that he makes the highest in the area at almost 103k

4 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Not even the highest in the area.  I'm pretty sure Goose Creek pays more for teachers.  That's what I was told anyway.

Well, I can tell you 20 plus year teacher makes over $70k. Goose Creek and Deer Park are close, but not higher.

Goose Creek $8k behind at 20+ years. Friendswood is the same as Goose Creek.

Deer Park is about $1,500 behind BH.

13 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Well, I can tell you 20 plus year teacher makes over $70k. Goose Creek and Deer Park are close, but not higher.

Goose Creek $8k behind at 20+ years. Friendswood is the same as Goose Creek.

Deer Park is about $1,500 behind BH.

Maybe they were talking about new teachers.  He was pretty certain about Goose Creek paying more.  Like I said...maybe newer educators.  I haven't looked it up.

7 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Maybe they were talking about new teachers.  He was pretty certain about Goose Creek paying more.  Like I said...maybe newer educators.  I haven't looked it up.

Saw in the Chronicle where New Caney ISD is starting their new teachers out at $53k which was up from $2k from last year. I read another article where it said the new Goose Creek CISD teachers start out at $41,500 and get some kind of $2k stipend/bonus so I don't think they're anywhere close to BH. Goose Creek CISD probably averages what NCISD teachers start at.

14 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Saw in the Chronicle where New Caney ISD is starting their new teachers out at $53k which was up from $2k from last year. I read another article where it said the new Goose Creek CISD teachers start out at $41,500 and get some kind of $2k stipend/bonus so I don't think they're anywhere close to BH. Goose Creek CISD probably averages what NCISD teachers start at.

GCCISD starts at $52,500.

This is the hidden content, please

7 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

GCCISD starts at $52,500.

So it's barely higher...pretty much the same...for 1st year teachers.  Either way.  

That could potentially be a decent living for an educator.  Especially if they have a working spouse that makes decent money.  I guess it all depends on location.

There a some districts that pay more than BH and Deer Park for beginning teachers.... but if you look at the 15-20-25-30 year salaries then BH pays more.   If I am a teacher I am hoping to get that average up as High as I can before I retire.   Trust me.....the Texas Teacher Retirement system sucks!!!!!!!!!!!   Along with the Insurance the State offers Teachers......

1 hour ago, oldman said:

There a some districts that pay more than BH and Deer Park for beginning teachers.... but if you look at the 15-20-25-30 year salaries then BH pays more.   If I am a teacher I am hoping to get that average up as High as I can before I retire.   Trust me.....the Texas Teacher Retirement system sucks!!!!!!!!!!!   Along with the Insurance the State offers Teachers......

This is a fact!  It is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  Paying 1,000 a month with no co pay and 5,000 deductible.  Makes no sense.  I literally pay the whole visit when I go to the dr. until the deductible is met.  Someone is getting paid in this though or they wouldnt do it

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

So it's barely higher...pretty much the same...for 1st year teachers.  Either way.  

That could potentially be a decent living for an educator.  Especially if they have a working spouse that makes decent money.  I guess it all depends on location.

All of my retired buddy's and my step-mom are very pleased with TRS.

Insurance in general sucks.