21-5A vs 22-5A

Red Dawn

The series split 2-2 this year. 

With that said I'd have to say after reviewing only the 4 playoff match ups that 22-5A was a slight bit better than 21-5A. 

Crosby is class of both districts but Vidor played tough. 

PAM blew Porter out

PNG snuck by BH

NC snuck by BmtC

After being dominated by 21-5A in recent years, this was a better year for 22-5A. 

Go Crosby

It appears the teams from each district were evenly matched.  Lots of good football played by the teams involved.  I can only speak to one game: PN-G v. BH.  After watching BH, they will be a tough out next year.  They played several JRs and SOPHs.  They are building a solid program.  QB, RB, the slot WR, and several kids on defense have some talent.

PN-G...just keep battling...fight to win each play...I love this team's will to win.  And, we should be pretty good next year, too.  Plenty of JRs and SOPHs making plays for the Indians.

Good luck to all of the teams surviving this week.

Go Indians.  Peace.

1 hour ago, Red Dawn said:

With that said I'd have to say after reviewing only the 4 playoff match ups that 22-5A was a slight bit better than 21-5A. 

PAM blew Porter out

PNG snuck by BH

NC snuck by BmtC

After being dominated by 21-5A in recent years, this was a better year for 22-5A. 

Go Crosby

Wow a crosby fan who is actually admitting 22-5A is slightly better than 21-5A. I need to go downstairs to see if I can see ice on the walls lol.

4 hours ago, Vpirate02 said:

Wow a crosby fan who is actually admitting 22-5A is slightly better than 21-5A. I need to go downstairs to see if I can see ice on the walls lol.

Ha. Please read again. I said after reviewing the 4 playoff games only. So saying 22-5A had a better first round this year. There's a frost on the ground downstairs but it didn't freeze. 

Go Crosby

Go NC, PNG, PAM

10 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

PAM blew Porter out

PNG snuck by BH

NC snuck by BmtC

Go Crosby

Having PAM drop in classification helped that district all around.  It'd probably be 3-1 again this year but that is "what ifs".  Having competitive games sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for the next update was entertaining to say the least.  After next week, I hope 3 teams are still playing, NC is in for the business but I'd the two districts have 3 teams in the 3rd round that would be awesome.

This whole area in general has a very good talent level in general. The games with the exception of one has been really close. Crosby got the win but if you looked at stats you would scratch your head. Vidor had more yardage and more first downs. Crosby had short fields because someone wouldn't kick the ball and try to put some distance between Crosby and the goal line. I know Crosby thought that they would steam roll Vidor, but after both teams had the ball they were down by 1. Im pretty sure they knew that they were in for a fight! Oh well on to the second round look for three of our four teams to win, think New Caney got the short end of the straw having to face Manvel, oh well guess they will be the sacrificial lamb lol. Good luck to all!

3 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Having PAM drop in classification helped that district all around.  It'd probably be 3-1 again this year but that is "what ifs".  Having competitive games sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for the next update was entertaining to say the least.  After next week, I hope 3 teams are still playing, NC is in for the business but I'd the two districts have 3 teams in the 3rd round that would be awesome.

You were reading my mind, but it has nothing to do with PAM dropping down, both New Caney Schools have everyones numbers beat with the exception of PAM, just saying

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

This whole area in general has a very good talent level in general. The games with the exception of one has been really close. Crosby got the win but if you looked at stats you would scratch your head. Vidor had more yardage and more first downs. Crosby had short fields because someone wouldn't kick the ball and try to put some distance between Crosby and the goal line. I know Crosby thought that they would steam roll Vidor, but after both teams had the ball they were down by 1. Im pretty sure they knew that they were in for a fight! Oh well on to the second round look for three of our four teams to win, think New Caney got the short end of the straw having to face Manvel, oh well guess they will be the sacrificial lamb lol. Good luck to all!

You were reading my mind, but it has nothing to do with PAM dropping down, both New Caney Schools have everyones numbers beat with the exception of PAM, just saying

Crosby knew going in that was going to be a fight with VIDOR, they just beat a team that is similar to them the week before.  PAM dropping down, you can pencil them in for a win next year also so it does help overall because it raises the level of play in your district.  So instead of having Lumberton in the playoffs, you had PAM.

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

Another quick question, if Westbrook had dropped down to 22-5A would that had helped the strength of your district?

The last couple of years, I've had to listen to the guys West of the Trinity river say that 21-5A wears the title belt over 22-5A.  Well after going 2-2 in the Bi-District round between the two, I would have to say the belt comes back East of the Trinity with Crosby and New Caney being eliminated and Port Arthur Memorial and Port Neches-Groves moving on to the 3rd round.

I predict it'll stay East next year as well...

52 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

The last couple of years, I've had to listen to the guys West of the Trinity river say that 21-5A wears the title belt over 22-5A.  Well after going 2-2 in the Bi-District round between the two, I would have to say the belt comes back East of the Trinity with Crosby and New Caney being eliminated and Port Arthur Memorial and Port Neches-Groves moving on to the 3rd round.

I predict it'll stay East next year as well...

There's not a team east of the Trinity that can stay with Manvel, of that I'm quite sure. Yes that includes PAM.

On 11/13/2016 at 9:54 PM, Red Dawn said:

PAM blew Porter out

PNG snuck by BH

NC snuck by BmtC

Go Crosby

Good post.. But I would put my money on PAM for the class of both districts.. They will be even better next year with a dual threat QB and Hines...

I said it in another thread. This is the weakest 21-5A has been in a lonnnng time. Think about this, Splendora, who has been a weak/non-playoff 4A team, gave many teams in this district fits. Hell, they even beat Dayton. Code Red All America Crosby was putting one of their weakest teams on the field that they have had in Riordon's tenure. Dayton missed the playoffs for the first time in 98 years. Lastly, even Porter had a winning record.

I see this district staying this way for a few more years as well. Even the JV games I watched were pretty low level. Dayton and Barber's Hill both have a chance to get a little better, but some of the others will remain pretty bad, or maybe even get worse. Just some bad football in NE Houston right now. It will swing again one day though. At least New Caney ISD is enjoying the downfall right now. We will take it. This year was historically the best year for both of our schools and kids.