Players quitting High School Athletics

SEWatchdogTX

Does anyone know what's going on with the Lumberton boys athletics.  There has been a rash of athletes leaving Athletics.  For example an 8th grade starting A team two sport player has quit.  Up to three starting Freshman Football players have left the athletic program.  Two varsity starting athletes of different sports have quit their teams.  There are other that are "rumored" but because they are rumored I will not mention grade and sport.  Is this common in other school?  

16 minutes ago, SEWatchdogTX said:

Does anyone know what's going on with the Lumberton boys athletics.  There has been a rash of athletes leaving Athletics.  For example an 8th grade starting A team two sport player has quit.  Up to three starting Freshman Football players have left the athletic program.  Two varsity starting athletes of different sports have quit their teams.  There are other that are "rumored" but because they are rumored I will not mention grade and sport.  Is this common in other school?  

It was common when I was in school. Freshmen year EVERYBODY played football, then after the season people quit to focus on baseball/basketball.. Not sure about anywhere else, but nothing new for Lumberton. 

It means they can't hack it. If they are quitters let them quit. Kids these days expect people to feel sorry for them. This post is a joke. I can tell you what is common at most "good" schools....Athletic Directors don't let kids back in the program who have quit before. 

This isn't pee wee ball and coaches lose jobs based on the effort or lack of their athletes give. 

1 hour ago, Tiger90 said:

What is the offense going to be in the future?  I've been told they are leaning to Slot/wing T and a few parents are upset.  Some possibly wanting to transfer.  

Rumors I've heard is Lumberton will become an extremely amazing program! Only if parents let coaches do their job...

2 hours ago, Tiger90 said:

What is the offense going to be in the future?  I've been told they are leaning to Slot/wing T and a few parents are upset.  Some possibly wanting to transfer.  

Wouldn't surprise me, but I don't think that's what will happen.

However, I was just telling someone the other day that if we are gonna be a 95% run team then we might as well run the slot t and try to make it tricky.

2 hours ago, Tiger90 said:

Let'em go, you can't let kids or their parents run the program!!

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Think this is a silly topic.

Players quit all the time at all schools. Nothing new here. Move along.

(me thinks the author of this thread has a quitter in his/her household)

Exactly. Freshmen teams are huge and it dwindles down as years go on. It sometimes has zero to do if the kid can hack it. The kid might come to realize he just doesn't have the desire to play. Really can't fault that at all

It's pretty simple.  The kids that are real football players keep playing football. The kids that play to have something to do realize football isn't for them.  Others notice they are better at other sports and pursue those.  Some parents get upset about playing time and pull their kids.  Some quit growing and it seems everyone else is better, so they make a decision to quit themselves.  Kids quit for many different reasons. Its the same ole same at EVERY school. 

56 minutes ago, OneChance said:

You just contradicted yourself in two sentences. So should they finish or get out of the way?

Finish your season. If you don't want to play anymore, get out of the way of the kids who do want to play.

Can't win for losing lately. Need to reevaluate the phrasing of my posts.