Crosby 33 Vidor 24/FINAL

WOSgrad

This was a really enjoyable game to watch.  Crosby looked pretty good...I didn't think invincible, but pretty good!  I was really impressed with Vidor's run game.  I think they should have shoved it up the middle with that quick hit a lot more than they did, in my opinion.  It seemed they got 10-15 yards most times.  All in all, way to represent Cougs and now I expect you all to support the Eagles tomorrow...haha!!

i don't think it would have made a difference. But I seen a lot of missed penalties after the play against Crosby. I saw atleast 3 late hit on one drive and hell one time the ref watched it happen and then just stood there like he wasn't sure if it was legal or not. Horrible job by the refs. And I'm by far not a vidor fan I was rooting for Crosby but dang. That was horrible. 

25 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Vidor talking about class now that's priceless go have a nice evening. Have funk basketball season. 

Exactly. I told some of the guys in the stands I had been watching #52 on film and he was a filthy player. Crosby started whipping his but and he got some false starts called on him. Crosby had one player in player personal foul and Vidor had two. Crosby had one offsides, Vidor had multiple offsides and false starts. Looks to me like Crosby was the far more disciplined team. 

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Exactly. I told some of the guys in yr stands I had even watching #52 on film and he was a filthy player. Crosby started whipping his but and he got some false starts called on him. Crosby had one player in player personal foul and Vidor had two. Crosby had on offsides, Vidor had multiple offsides and false starts. Look to me like Crosby was the far more discluplined team. 

Yea sure are a very discluplined bunch.

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

18 Exactly. I told some of the guys in yr stands I had even watching #52 on film and he was a filthy player. Crosby started whipping his but and he got some false starts called on him. Crosby had one player in player personal foul and Vidor had two. Crosby had on offsides, Vidor had multiple offsides and false starts. Look to me like Crosby was the far more discluplined team. 

Was a very physical game by both teams. Vidor impressed me. I've said all along this would be a tough W vs the 22-5A district champ. Wasn't perfect but we're on to round 2. 

You should be proud of your boys Vidor. I'm very proud of ours!!!

Crosby needs to put Netherly at WR and let Soph QB. He almost looked scared to pass. The kid is an athlete,  but not a QB imo. Also, Crosby could've thrown for 400 yards tonight. Woodard was open all game and had the advantage on the DB. Didn't understand that. Crosby was very conservative on thier offensive approach. Defense was playing a 3 man front alot? Didn't understand that thinking as well. Vidor played thier hearts out and punched Crosby in the mouth. Vidor ran hard every play. Good game overall. Good luck Coogs next week. Met alot of good Crosby folks tonight. 

23 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Wow, how classless by Jeff Mathews. Decline he penalty and go home. Dude should have had multiple penalties called on him.

Love ya 14.2 but disagree. His kids played their hearts out (as did ours). I'd have taken the points down to be sure the record books showed this game to be as close as it was, out of respect to his seniors that gave him all they had. I also say calling our kid classes for returning the interception is ridiculous. He's a kid. He caught a ball. He ran. 

Good game Vidor. Safe travels. 

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It's also stupid to complain about kids playing the game. Stop trying to score and we would've also. 

I didn't say anything about trying to score on the play. More power to them, but there's a penalty. It is what it is. Don't complain about the coach standing up for his kids when it wasn't a score because of the penalty. 

10 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Love ya 14.2 but disagree. His kids played their hearts out (as did ours). I'd have taken the points down to be sure the record books showed this game to be as close as it was, out of respect to his seniors that gave him all they had. I also say calling our kid classes for returning the interception is ridiculous. He's a kid. He caught a ball. He ran. 

Maybe he had a brother on that 2011 team and was tired of Vidor fan rubbing it in.Kids will be Kids.I never had that chance to win a playoff game,let em have some fun..Hat's off to the Cougars,but please cut down on those penalties.From 2009 Big Lew's grandfather,always a Cougar Follower. 

12 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Yes sir, it was a great game. Missed calls both ways, it's football. Good luck to y'all going forward. One thing that folks not from Vidor is that Mathews loves his kids. He's at the Jr High games encouraging and congratulating them just like the High school kids. He's a good man all around