Tenaha 82 Sabine Pass 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

Lost respect for Tenaha.  Had hoped for them to beat Bremond, but can't do that anymore.  Be pulling for Bremond.

Freshman JV players for Tenaha in 2nd half. SP had problems containing 115 & 130 lb running backs.These guys practice all year and want to play to. I wouldn't have any respect for a coach who told them not to try.

SP coach.refuse running clock twice. The blame can be laid at his feet

5 hours ago, Grayghost said:

Freshman JV players for Tenaha in 2nd half. SP had problems containing 115 & 130 lb running backs.These guys practice all year and want to play to. I wouldn't have any respect for a coach who told them not to try.

SP coach.refuse running clock twice. The blame can be laid at his feet

You're correct Ghost, and I'll apologize here.  Don't expect 2nd string or JV kids not to play hard, and since Tenaha ask for running clock, they did what they could. At some point, the D has to make some tackles.

11 minutes ago, 88Warrior said:

Didn't you guys hang 83 on Colmesneil?

That's true, and I'm not aware of circumstances, since I wasn't at game.  Did see Evadale up 54-0 with 3 min to go in 2nd Qtr against some Prep team, trying a 45 yard FG on first down, and know the JV and subs played whole second half with a running clock.  Evidently Tenaha made a similar effort, so I have apologized.  

Jmo, but having four playoff teams in 2A, with all six team districts (except for 3 with 5 teams) is ridiculous.  Even three would be pushing it.  But I seriously doubt the UIL cares what I think.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

That's true, and I'm not aware of circumstances, since I wasn't at game.  Did see Evadale up 54-0 with 3 min to go in 2nd Qtr against some Prep team, trying a 45 yard FG on first down, and know the JV and subs played whole second half with a running clock.  Evidently Tenaha made a similar effort, so I have apologized.  

Jmo, but having four playoff teams in 2A, with all six team districts (except for 3 with 5 teams) is ridiculous.  Even three would be pushing it.  But I seriously doubt the UIL cares what I think.

I agree Reb...I would like to see them go back to no more than 2 teams from each district but I don't think that happens...Good luck to the Rebels.

6 minutes ago, 88Warrior said:

I agree Reb...I would like to see them go back to no more than 2 teams from each district but I don't think that happens...Good luck to the Rebels.

Thanks.  As good as the team's are in Dist 11, we'll need it.

And I agree, two is the best number.

I have known Jason since his first year in coaching. We are very similar in our thoughts on a running clock.  It shouldn't be done.  You have a clock for a reason, use it.  If you want to come up with a mercy rule like in 6 man, so be it.  The running clock is almost as bad as giving every kid a trophy. A running clock just tells your kids that you have given up!