District 21-5A FUTURE

oldman

16 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Who to believe in those last two posts? liltex (the realist) who is picking a 5th place finish or the JV expert (the dreamer) who says they will finish top 2.

Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm gonna agree with bronco 94.  That sophomore class has some good players.  I'll say top 3.  It's kind of hard to move up a lot of players when you have 36 seniors.  

11 minutes ago, workbootz said:

I'm gonna agree with bronco 94.  That sophomore class has some good players.  I'll say top 3.  It's kind of hard to move up a lot of players when you have 36 seniors.  

I agree it is hard....but if a soph. is better than the JR or SR you bring them up and play them.  BIG difference on Friday night than on Thursday night......

I'm gonna agree with 94. Next year Dayton will have a totally different atmosphere. I see them finishing in the top 3 and making a good run. Some differences next year is a qb that doesn't stare down his receiver of choice on every play, a qb that knows how to spread the field, a few great running backs, a great receiving core, and you will see a good job all over the field. 

Honestly i feel like the biggest difference maker is the rb. Santee that was on varsity and I not saying anything bad about styner because he did a great job. But if santee would have been healthy then you would have seen a way better running game. "Power back" right there. Dayton will be okay for the next few years and wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a district championship next year. This sophomore class is loaded and y'all will see that next year. 

7 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Hate to be a downer but if all the studs were on jv maybe they should have been moved up. Fact is usually the kids that are going to be the difference makers on varsity don't play jv. I'm actually thinking more like Liltex.

Sorry you feel that way Debbie but next year I think things come together for the Broncos, I hate to say I told you so but I probably will.

Everyone should honestly know the Broncos will not be down for long, and what we need is supporters, not used to be's, or has been's, we got two more years of high school ball in my house and I'm gonna support my Broncos and my son along with his class for those two years, and if you notice, I always go with the Broncos. I don't really care who the opponent is, and after my sons senior year, I'm gonna still be supporting my Broncos and hoping for the best. My son is not mad that he played JV his sophomore year, although he would've been ready if the call would've came, but he is getting bigger and stronger and better prepared for next year and the year after, so maybe that was the plan because we had a lot of seniors, so I'm excited for the next two years for sure, and the years after that, if I wasn't excited, really, what kind of of Parent would I be and what kind of fan would that make me, a disgruntled one, now pride, if I looked back I believe at one time or another, you had stated your son is a senior, if so, I feel ya, but I have confidence in the Broncos that although we are and have been hated by many and they loved how this season ended for us, they all know, that we will rise again, and they will fear the Broncos once again.

33 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Everyone should honestly know the Broncos will not be down for long, and what we need is supporters, not used to be's, or has been's, we got two more years of high school ball in my house and I'm gonna support my Broncos and my son along with his class for those two years, and if you notice, I always go with the Broncos. I don't really care who the opponent is, and after my sons senior year, I'm gonna still be supporting my Broncos and hoping for the best. My son is not mad that he played JV his sophomore year, although he would've been ready if the call would've came, but he is getting bigger and stronger and better prepared for next year and the year after, so maybe that was the plan because we had a lot of seniors, so I'm excited for the next two years for sure, and the years after that, if I wasn't excited, really, what kind of of Parent would I be and what kind of fan would that make me, a disgruntled one, now pride, if I looked back I believe at one time or another, you had stated your son is a senior, if so, I feel ya, but I have confidence in the Broncos that although we are and have been hated by many and they loved how this season ended for us, they all know, that we will rise again, and they will fear the Broncos once again.

All I can say is good luck to your son and enjoy the next couple of years because time goes by fast. 

14 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

21-5a future isn't going to include alot of these teams.

Next realignment is going to look a little like this:

Cleveland

Splendora

Huffman

Crosby

Dayton

Barbers Hill

Humble

Kingwood Park

Baytown Lee ?

New Caney, Porter to 6a and I hear Humble isd might be building another school. Don't know if it would be in time for next realignment. Caney Creek to another district or stay in 21-5a.

They will not be 6A.  Porter currently has 1800 students and NC is less than that