HJ v. Shepherd

the409

HJ vs Shepherd is a good matchup.  You girls have to remember every game is a different game.  Both teams will be prepared.  Both teams are pretty equal in speed.  Both teams are banged up.  Both programs are getting the most out of their kids.  With that being said-GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, setxnative96 said:

Liberty definitely was the better ball club though, was up 14-0 early on, had chances to put it away.

they have a better chance than Liberty. But still not much of one.

2 minutes ago, setxnative96 said:

Yea thats no doubt Bellville will be beat by WOS. 

2 hours ago, Cheeseconey said:

Word on the street is Shepherd will be missing a few key players due to injury this Friday.  If that is the case...it could make it tough on Shepherd....play offs so I will be surprised if they sit out but you never know.  The Bellville game was a physical ballgame.

HJ has been missing key players since the WOS game one gets healthy and another one goes down. hadn't seen shepherd any this year but HOPEFULLY hj has a good game plan to counter the will to win that all teams have in the playoffs. should be a very exciting game

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:48 PM, LOKI said:

Where's all the Shepherd posters at

OH we are here. We have a lot of respect for HJ and their fans, seem to be a good group of parents and players. Both teams are going to be matched pretty well.

To answer the question about Shepherd being banged up, yes we are banged up, but tell me what team that is still playing isn't? Every team will have some kids that are hurting, does that mean they are not going to play, well no!! I look for this to be a good game. I am interested to see how Shepherd responds from last Friday Night. If they respond like they did after Liberty then they will be ok.

On November 9, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Barney Fife said:

HJ has been missing key players since the WOS game one gets healthy and another one goes down. hadn't seen shepherd any this year but HOPEFULLY hj has a good game plan to counter the will to win that all teams have in the playoffs. should be a very exciting game

HJ should be predominantly healthy this week. Murray(#12), who got hurt in the OF game, suited up but didn't play much last week against HF. He should be good to go for this week. Other than that, they have a few minor injuries that shouldn't prevent players from getting on the field and doing their jobs well.

3 hours ago, TrojanMoJo said:

This will be a good game. I like the match-up one of the better Bi-District games which will be played.  I see HJ pulling away in the 4th quarter making a key defensive stop.

HJ 27

Shepherd 24

We can always count on our counter parts from the north-side to have our backs. lol.

On 11/8/2016 at 1:15 AM, setxnative96 said:

Shepherd 28 Hj 17 Shepherd has athletes that will make HJ pay with one step, Hj dont have speed across the board but they do have some and a good coach. I actually hope HJ wins so Liberty can devour them in the 3rd if it works out that way

OK so I am not one to ever post on these sites but I really feel like I should say something since it seems you have a very strong opinion of HJ. Here we go First off "devour HJ" wow this coming from the person who talked so much smack about HJ saying we did not have the athletes or could not compete with Liberty because they were on a different level as well as that barnyard offense we ran did not stand a chance. Well guess what we beat Liberty fair and square the game was a battle and that night the better team came out with a Victory. With no surprise you disappeared from that thread after the game. No Congrats to HJ or game well played. Instead some Liberty fans used excuses about the TVE fair going on. I would like to say that I am proud to Support the Hawks they have great athletes and lots of talent. They play with heart and integrity and tons of respect. I am very proud to say my son represents the Hawks he is led by some of the BEST coaches around that take pride in the Great program they have grown in just a few short years. The parents also take pride in their boys and school. We try and support all teams! These are High school boys and these years are supposed to be awesome for them. The negativity does not affect them it just makes them HUNGRY! I was really surprised about the lack of respect that some of the Liberty players showed by taunting the fans of the opposing team and the show boating. Go back and watch any game film from any HJ game and you will see that those boys are very HUMBLE and RESPECTFUL win or lose!! We are not worried about meeting Liberty there are many great teams in the playoffs we face to get to that game. With that being said our focus is on Shepherd this week and if we are the Victors tonight we will focus on that opponent next week. Do not count your chickens before they hatch!! Good luck to all the Teams that have made it this far.  And a Special GOOD LUCK to the HAWKS tonight! DYJ# WE ARE HJ!!!!

FB_IMG_1472960463755.jpg

4 minutes ago, 1st&10 said:

OK so I am not one to ever post on these sites but I really feel like I should say something since it seems you have a very strong opinion of HJ. Here we go First off "devour HJ" wow this coming from the person who talked so much smack about HJ saying we did not have the athletes or could not compete with Liberty because they were on a different level as well as that barnyard offense we ran did not stand a chance. Well guess what we beat Liberty fair and square the game was a battle and that night the better team came out with a Victory. With no surprise you disappeared from that thread after the game. No Congrats to HJ or game well played. Instead some Liberty fans used excuses about the TVE fair going on. I would like to say that I am proud to Support the Hawks they have great athletes and lots of talent. They play with heart and integrity and tons of respect. I am very proud to say my son represents the Hawks he is led by some of the BEST coaches around that take pride in the Great program they have grown in just a few short years. The parents also take pride in their boys and school. We try and support all teams! These are High school boys and these years are supposed to be awesome for them. The negativity does not affect them it just makes them HUNGRY! I was really surprised about the lack of respect that some of the Liberty players showed by taunting the fans of the opposing team and the show boating. Go back and watch any game film from any HJ game and you will see that those boys are very HUMBLE and RESPECTFUL win or lose!! We are not worried about meeting Liberty there are many great teams in the playoffs we face to get to that game. With that being said our focus is on Shepherd this week and if we are the Victors tonight we will focus on that opponent next week. Do not count your chickens before they hatch!! Good luck to all the Teams that have made it this far.  And a Special GOOD LUCK to the HAWKS tonight! DYJ# WE ARE HJ!!!!

FB_IMG_1472960463755.jpg

I wouldn't get to worked up that setxnative96. He has different views as to how this will all play out. Give him a break it has been a long time since they have had a team this good.

50 minutes ago, 1st&10 said:

FB_IMG_1472960463755.jpg

W/o going any further then me disappearing go back to the thread and you will see me congratulate them so you started off your vent wrong.  Nevertheless, fair and square? Thats arguable, anyways, we will see and the Barnyard reference wasnt me that was TexasPanther2012 , So make sure the person your are looking for is the right one this isnt a 2in 1 combo they are for themselves as i am for me . HJ might not pass the 1st so i could care less, Liberty played bad against them very bad. And they got beat by a Orangefield team so idk man its just not their year.

Talked to Coach Robinson from Shepherd and they are banged up after the Bellville game last week.

I look for this to be a solid game tonight, I wish both teams were healthy for this first round matchup. I am going to pick Shepherd with a 2 score win .. I feel these kids will play at a level they haven't played before. The community support they have will help carry the Pirates on to the next round..

Good luck to both teams and I pray its a clean game all night long