Porter vs PAM

pakronos

14 minutes ago, pakronos said:

this has been a problem all year, except when they played nederland. 2nd qyr, the onslaught starts.honestly, not taking away from what vidor did, but the attitude was wrong from when they stepped onto the bus on the way to the game. i bet a million dollars they thought vidor was going to lay down for them and got punched right in the kisser.

PAM was on the way to outright DC and an Undefeated season. It wasn't only the players that thought it was in the bag. I gave Vidor NO chance.

Vidor will PAM's unicorn. Just like GCM was to Ned.

4 hours ago, pakronos said:

PAM was not up. the score was 21 or 24 to 0 Vidor at halftime. PAM came out second half and cut it to 24-21 with 8 min left in the 4th. Porter is NOTHING like vidor. meaning they basically kept the PAM offense off the field with ball control. Porter runs a spread. PAM eats those for breakfast..ESPECIALLY if you have NO RUN game. then their is the offense. stop hines by stacking the box, then get beat by all 4 wr's. try to cover the wr's, hines gets in your secondary you not catching him.

You posted exactly what I said. After being down 21-0 at half it was 24-21 fifteen minutes into the second half. You just scored and your defense had only given up three points he second half. According to AAW PAM stopped Vidor on downs three times up until that point, why go onside? Kick it and play defense with that much time. 

Porter not running a spread has nothing to do with how much time their coach can take off the clock. A couple of years ago when at KP Jim Holley beat a CE King team, with the SEC's leading rusher Trey Williams, that's probably better than the current PAM team. KP played spread the whole year then pulled out a tight run formation against King and beat them. Basically installed a whole offense in a week, I'm not saying that what he'll do this week but the guy can coach. Porter does have personnel limits which is why I think PAM will win, but so did Vidor. 

........and you are smoking crack if you think this Porter team is even close to the same caliber team that Kpark team was. He had two back to back Kpark teams that had some major talent on them. He had a big time TE that went to Baylor, I think, that was blowing King off the ball. Just remember he was a beast. There were also a couple of huge lineman beside that TE. Porter just doesn't have those kind of players. I can promise you he is a smart enough coach to know he can't do that with this team. Maybe short passes, screens, and throwing it down the field to #2 at least once a series, but there won't be the tight run stuff. Heck, they don't even have a steady RB. Biggest obstacle for Porter will be slowing down PAM's offense. I think Porter will simply go back to how they were winning earlier in the year and just try to match score for score and then hope for some luck at the end of the game to win it. That was their blueprint against Crosby and Dayton, and they won. They have not done that the last two weeks in their losses. 

On 11/7/2016 at 9:22 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

The other onside kick I was referring to was when PAM was only down 3 points with 8 mins left in the fourth and decided to try an onside kick themselves giving Vidor a short field after PAM's defense had held them to a field goal in the second half. That was a poor coaching decision IMO, and I think it's even more poor now that you said they actually stopped Vidor on down twice in their own territory. Just kick it deep and play defense again, PAM was up 21-3 in the second half it sounds like Harrison just got to anxious. I don't think Riordan will be making coaching decision that benefit the other team when we line it up.

since i love being petty, read the next to last sentence...you said PAM was winning 21-3...i get what you mean, as in for that half, that's how many points each team scored, but just reading it, it sounds like we were winning. that was a bone head move by the coach, which is PAM's weakness in big games that's close.

since all the cockroaches have left the board after PAM loss to Vidor, the real FAN with the spirit of BG is still here. Ghost i know he lurks and bigd92 chimes in and has made every game. PAMFAN10 i know you are here...outside of that, they all have left. so when PAM wins Friday, and you come back, i'm calling you ALL out. Go Titans....#therealtitanation

this thread is going to fall off cause i can't keep it going alone due to work...

13 minutes ago, pakronos said:

since all the cockroaches have left the board after PAM loss to Vidor, the real FAN with the spirit of BG is still here. Ghost i know he lurks and bigd92 chimes in and has made every game. PAMFAN10 i know you are here...outside of that, they all have left. so when PAM wins Friday, and you come back, i'm calling you ALL out. Go Titans....#therealtitanation

this thread is going to fall off cause i can't keep it going alone due to work...

I like to call it Ghosting. I took a different approach to my posting after those 3-7 seasons. They were humbling seasons for me. Which is why I TRY and refrain from the "we're going to this" or "we're going to that" post. Aside from that it's "GO YE MIGHTY TITANS" as usual. 

#BEATPORTER

2 hours ago, RedRover22 said:

........and you are smoking crack if you think this Porter team is even close to the same caliber team that Kpark team was. He had two back to back Kpark teams that had some major talent on them. He had a big time TE that went to Baylor, I think, that was blowing King off the ball. Just remember he was a beast. There were also a couple of huge lineman beside that TE. Porter just doesn't have those kind of players. I can promise you he is a smart enough coach to know he can't do that with this team. Maybe short passes, screens, and throwing it down the field to #2 at least once a series, but there won't be the tight run stuff. Heck, they don't even have a steady RB. Biggest obstacle for Porter will be slowing down PAM's offense. I think Porter will simply go back to how they were winning earlier in the year and just try to match score for score and then hope for some luck at the end of the game to win it. That was their blueprint against Crosby and Dayton, and they won. They have not done that the last two weeks in their losses. 

KP could never manage to throw the ball under Holley, they had a few games here and there where Reyna would catch little dump off or slants and take them to the house. He never had major talent on any team he coached. He had a qb who couldn't throw, no useful running back and the TE you're talking about had 28 catches and one td the whole entire season. They basically ran student body left and right to pick up 4 yards at a time and keep the clock moving. He ran a tight run formation two games in a row before moving to the spread when they played Crosby this year. Porter can't do anything because their other stud receiver is out and people have film on their tendencies, that's why they lost the last two weeks. KP never had a receiver as capable as Jake Hall and never had anybody on the outside who was a matchup problem like Carney is. Under Holley, Porter is liable to have a gameplan where they don't even have 10 pass attempts against PAM.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:09 PM, Lightning/Eagle said:

Porter has more than one. Carney is the top receiver and will be playing at next level but if Spencer is back from the trouble he got into then that changes the dynamics. Spencer is 6"3 and can leap. He already has offers in basketball. Porter has gone 1-2 without him.

you think they've gone 1-2 the last 3 games because he's out, or because they had to play their 2nd and 3rd games of the season against teams with winning records the last two weeks.  I have a theory...

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

You have to give your PAM people more credit than that, I have made it to every game this season except the Livingston game (Attended a graduation that day) and like I said before, I was the only PAM fan keeping the Vidor, PAM game thread alive even when we were getting blown out. I ate my crow when it tasted the worst, right after we lost not the next day or a few days later. I didn't know about this website til a few months ago and I don't believe you have to post on here everyday in order to make yourself seem like more of a "FAN". I say this because I know of many others that attend every game that have no clue about this site and many other HS football forums. I'll be there Friday, I will admit I know absolutely nothing about Porter but this is extremely bad timing for them to play PAM because those boys have fire in their eyes and they were embarrassed last week. I don't think this one is close, PAM by 3+ touchdowns, maybe more if Kenny doesn't decide to take his foot off the gas.

Did a little maxpreps research. Forgot they had a D-1 QB named Henderson. Holley's last year at Kpark they threw for 1,646 yards. All of his last three years they rushed for over 2,000. Much of that being from Henderson. This year his QB at Porter has thrown for 2,055. He has rushed for 131. Yes, only 131 total. As a team they have barely clipped the 1,000 yard mark at 1,034. Yes, I agree they ran the ball more and obliviously better at his last school, but they were also a team that could beat you with the pass. They were almost balanced, and that made them good.  Again, that is why I don't think Porter can all of a sudden think they have a Henderson type athlete that can run it against PAM. Their strength is throwing the ball and only throwing it. I think it would be silly to all of a sudden think your a running team in the playoffs. Holley is a good coach and he will stick with what got them there. I see them throwing it 90% of their snaps in this one.  

1 hour ago, PAT409 said:

You have to give your PAM people more credit than that, I have made it to every game this season except the Livingston game (Attended a graduation that day) and like I said before, I was the only PAM fan keeping the Vidor, PAM game thread alive even when we were getting blown out. I ate my crow when it tasted the worst, right after we lost not the next day or a few days later. I didn't know about this website til a few months ago and I don't believe you have to post on here everyday in order to make yourself seem like more of a "FAN". I say this because I know of many others that attend every game that have no clue about this site and many other HS football forums. I'll be there Friday, I will admit I know absolutely nothing about Porter but this is extremely bad timing for them to play PAM because those boys have fire in their eyes and they were embarrassed last week. I don't think this one is close, PAM by 3+ touchdowns, maybe more if Kenny doesn't decide to take his foot off the gas.

I agree, I don't get on the site or post everyday. I work with people that have posted before, but sports forums aren't their thing.  They'll rather talk about the games at work with friends and co workers.  At work, during the season, that's all that is talked about.  MANY of those guys go to ALL the games.  MOST would agree with many things pakronos has to say, myself included.  The same points he makes are the same points my co-workers/friends make.  Sites like this aren't for everyone, but it has nothing to do with being a real fan or not. tbh 

Oh yea, like I stated before on some forum.  Memorial doesn't have the history as Lincoln/TJ had.  As PAM gets more history and tradition under them, they'll have a more solid fan base.  People still are bitter about what happened with THEIR high schools.  That's understandable.

I think we were more worried about going undefeated and wasn't really focused on getting the job done. It was so much hype about being the first PAM team to go undefeated that the kids/coaches alike probably underestimated Vidor.  

I don't blame coaching.  If a play works, great job coach.  If it doesn't work, horrible coach.  When they stopped Vidor 3 series in a row; regardless if they came up with the onside kick or not, the coach thought the D could hold them again, and honestly many coaches would do the same thing because of the momentum.   It just didn't happen. 

12 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

I agree, I don't get on the site or post everyday. I work with people that have posted before, but sports forums aren't their thing.  They'll rather talk about the games at work with friends and co workers.  At work, during the season, that's all that is talked about.  MANY of those guys go to ALL the games.  MOST would agree with many things pakronos has to say, myself included.  The same points he makes are the same points my co-workers/friends make.  Sites like this aren't for everyone, but it has nothing to do with being a real fan or not. tbh 

Oh yea, like I stated before on some forum.  Memorial doesn't have the history as Lincoln/TJ had.  As PAM gets more history and tradition under them, they'll have a more solid fan base.  People still are bitter about what happened with THEIR high schools.  That's understandable.

Yes there are bitter souls, let them stay home. What this type of fans fail to realize is that it's NOT about them or THEIR school anymore. It's about OUR kids of PA. When I (a SFA product) come across those fans, I simply walk away. There's no changing what's in the past, so I'm supporting the future. Back to PAM vs Porter

1 minute ago, thaghost said:

Yes there are bitter souls, let them stay home. What this type of fans fail to realize is that it's NOT about them or THEIR school anymore. It's about OUR kids of PA. When I (a SFA product) come across those fans, I simply walk away. There's no changing what's in the past, so I'm supporting the future. 

I agree

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

you think they've gone 1-2 the last 3 games because he's out, or because they had to play their 2nd and 3rd games of the season against teams with winning records the last two weeks.  I have a theory...

I will say it made a difference. I did not see the BH game but during the NC game NC doubled Carney and the sophomore they had in his place caught a few balls but were minimal gains. Yes the game would have been closer if NC was not able to double Carney.

2 hours ago, PAT409 said:

since the PNG game you guys were all over this board. i'm not speaking about the fans at the game...im talking to the ones that signed up on here talking all that smack and when i called them out about being pumped and support the boys like that even against the baytown lee's of the world, i was a crazy man. now since Vidor did a number on us ya'll go into hiding. be like how you all was for the PNG game

5 hours ago, pakronos said:

I'm AIWAYS here ..... just like to read & keep my opinions to myself ........ 

GO TITANS '!!!!!

The only kind of team that can beat Memorial is one with a big senior heavy o line and a mis-direction style running offense.  And a defense that is VERY good at stopping the run. Vidor was perfectly suited to give Memorial trouble. But there are not many Vidor type teams at the 5A level. If Memorial stays focused, they are gonna make a deep run. Good luck Titans!

15 hours ago, PA4Real said:

I think we were more worried about going undefeated and wasn't really focused on getting the job done. It was so much hype about being the first PAM team to go undefeated that the kids/coaches alike probably underestimated Vidor.  

I don't blame coaching.  If a play works, great job coach.  If it doesn't work, horrible coach.  When they stopped Vidor 3 series in a row; regardless if they came up with the onside kick or not, the coach thought the D could hold them again, and honestly many coaches would do the same thing because of the momentum.   It just didn't happen. 

NOT WITH 8MIN LEFT IN THE GAME!! he went xbox FOR REAL!! make them drive the field...LIKE YOU DID ALL GAME. if it's 3 or 2 min left in the game, then yes.

11 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

The only kind of team that can beat Memorial is one with a big senior heavy o line and a mis-direction style running offense.  And a defense that is VERY good at stopping the run. Vidor was perfectly suited to give Memorial trouble. But there are not many Vidor type teams at the 5A level. If Memorial stays focused, they are gonna make a deep run. Good luck Titans!

keep in mind the score was 24-21. PAM scored 21 points VERY QUICKLY... i don't think they would have lost IF xbox did a better job at play calling...example...doing things in the opening drive, that you never done ALL SEASON. Putting KJ at QB which was a penalty and then you put him at WR and stare him down and throw to him....OVER THROW to him...then the silly onside kick with 8 min left. Vidor did what they had to, but with all offenses like that, you eventually figure them out and they get shut down, which our defense did in the second half...the coach just took them out the game