Porter vs PAM

pakronos

56 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Hopefully Vidor punching them in the mouth will wake them up. I see them playing more of their game than the other teams. Defense will get to playing against a more familiar style. I hear porter has one wr they love to throw to...any thoughts??

If just one, then Titans should have that covered with Vincent...

Many years ago, one of the great golfers hit a terrible shot.  He just smiled and walked after it.  His competitor said, aren't you worried, and the great one said, No, I rarely hit a shot like that, so I won't hit another for quite a while.  Moral of the story, PAM HIT their bad shot.  They ready to play ball.

I think PAM takes this by a minimum of 21.  Go Titans, this old man from Evadale is pulling for you.

6 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

If just one, then Titans should have that covered with Vincent...

Porter has more than one. Carney is the top receiver and will be playing at next level but if Spencer is back from the trouble he got into then that changes the dynamics. Spencer is 6"3 and can leap. He already has offers in basketball. Porter has gone 1-2 without him.

15 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Porter has more than one. Carney is the top receiver and will be playing at next level but if Spencer is back from the trouble he got into then that changes the dynamics. Spencer is 6"3 and can leap. He already has offers in basketball. Porter has gone 1-2 without him.

Makes me kind of wonder after missing the season finale against BH if he's not done for the year? I think PAM blows them out either way but you can never sleep on a Jim Holley coached team, he always seems to have something in these situations. 

40 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i hear the o-line of Porter can be porus at times and the qb don't like anyone near him or at his feet. pressuring the qb seems to be the weakness of the passing game. i also hear the running game isn't great along with the run defense

QB for Porter is as tough as they come. Don't see him getting rattled by a pass rush. Just have to get more separation from the secondary than they have been getting the past few weeks. 

15 hours ago, indianforever said:

They are about to see the best secondary they have ever seen

If PAM has four lost fumbles and loses two possessions to onside kicks they'll lose to Porter too. Basically 6 turnovers for PAM to 0 for Vidor. You do that against Jim Holley and you'll probably be down by more than 3 points mid-way through the fourth quarter like they were to Vidor before doing more dumb stuff.   

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If PAM has four lost fumbles and loses two possessions to onside kicks they'll lose to Porter too. Basically 6 turnovers for PAM to 0 for Vidor. You do that against Jim Holley and you'll probably be down by more than 3 points mid-way through the fourth quarter like they were to Vidor before doing more dumb stuff.   

Vidor only recovered 1 onside kick. PAM had 4 turnovers (3 fumbles, 1 muffed punt)

Vidor had zero turnovers but did turn it over on downs 3 times after going for it on 4th down. Twice in their own territory.

Porter QB may be tough, but that doesn't mean the rush doesn't bother him. In fact, that seems to be when he is not very good. If he has time, he is as good as any. When pressured he seems to panic and isn't a run threat at all. If PAM can pressure like New Caney did with just their front, then it will be a long night for Porter. If not, then Porter will have a chance to make this a game. 

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Vidor only recovered 1 onside kick. PAM had 4 turnovers (3 fumbles, 1 muffed punt)

Vidor had zero turnovers but did turn it over on downs 3 times after going for it on 4th down. Twice in their own territory.

The other onside kick I was referring to was when PAM was only down 3 points with 8 mins left in the fourth and decided to try an onside kick themselves giving Vidor a short field after PAM's defense had held them to a field goal in the second half. That was a poor coaching decision IMO, and I think it's even more poor now that you said they actually stopped Vidor on down twice in their own territory. Just kick it deep and play defense again, PAM was up 21-3 in the second half it sounds like Harrison just got to anxious. I don't think Riordan will be making coaching decision that benefit the other team when we line it up.

I think everyone knows PAM has a ton of athletes.. But we also know the whole package is missing. I do think the X Box has enough sense to figure out how to win this game. I have said it before, when you go into a game with the better athletes, your chances are pretty good... And so far that has proved itself correct 90% of the time....

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The other onside kick I was referring to was when PAM was only down 3 points with 8 mins left in the fourth and decided to try an onside kick themselves giving Vidor a short field after PAM's defense had held them to a field goal in the second half. That was a poor coaching decision IMO, and I think it's even more poor now that you said they actually stopped Vidor on down twice in their own territory. Just kick it deep and play defense again, PAM was up 21-3 in the second half it sounds like Harrison just got to anxious. I don't think Riordan will be making coaching decision that benefit the other team when we line it up.

PAM was not up. the score was 21 or 24 to 0 Vidor at halftime. PAM came out second half and cut it to 24-21 with 8 min left in the 4th. Porter is NOTHING like vidor. meaning they basically kept the PAM offense off the field with ball control. Porter runs a spread. PAM eats those for breakfast..ESPECIALLY if you have NO RUN game. then their is the offense. stop hines by stacking the box, then get beat by all 4 wr's. try to cover the wr's, hines gets in your secondary you not catching him.

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

I don't understand why PAM doesn't have the foot on the gas right out of the gate. Seems like they start slow and then amp up 2nd half.

With the athletes they have, they should put up 28 by half.

this has been a problem all year, except when they played nederland. 2nd qyr, the onslaught starts.honestly, not taking away from what vidor did, but the attitude was wrong from when they stepped onto the bus on the way to the game. i bet a million dollars they thought vidor was going to lay down for them and got punched right in the kisser.