Bridge City vs Center **BI-DISTRICT**

BC Cardinal97

BC looked sharp last night. They're facing an opportunistic Center team, as proven by their recent win over Kilgore. 

I predict we'll pass the ball <5 times and run a bunch. 

BC wins this one by a couple if BC shows up focused and execute. If we show up and make a few mistakes we'll be one and done again... Center can win this, no doubt. 

I also predict that we won't hear a peep out of Center on this board. Do they have the Internet in Center?

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

BC looked sharp last night. They're facing an opportunistic Center team, as proven by their recent win over Kilgore. 

I predict we'll pass the ball <5 times and run a bunch. 

BC wins this one by a couple if BC shows up focused and execute. If we show up and make a few mistakes we'll be one and done again... Center can win this, no doubt. 

I also predict that we won't hear a peep out of Center on this board. Do they have the Internet in Center?

How did we managed to get this in Splendora? Seems far for both teams, don't get it.

And yes we have Internet. Heck, we just got dial-up installed just before the football season started. Back at ya Bud! biggrin.png

45 minutes ago, Crawford said:

How did we managed to get this in Splendora? Seems far for both teams, don't get it.

And yes we have Internet. Heck, we just got dial-up installed just before the football season started. Back at ya Bud! biggrin.png

Who will sit on the visitors side? Home stands should be large enough but visitors stands are not real big.

52 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I understand that we didn't want to play in Lufkin. I don't know why. I don't know if it's because Lufkin is so much closer to home for you guys or it's a $$$ thing. 

I think the game will come down to whether or not Center's o-line can give QB Kyle Parks time to operate. I don't expect us to stop BC (we havent stopped many teams this year). Just hope we can get a few here and there. If Kyle has time throw the ball, we can put up some points. Center has 3 good receivers, led by senior Octavius Evans. But the key all year has been having time to get the ball to them. If Center looks sharp offensively like we did against Kilgore in our regular season finale, I like our chances. If we look like we did against Henderson, well, we'll be airing up basketballs sooner than we want.

15 hours ago, Fighting Llama said:

I think the game will come down to whether or not Center's o-line can give QB Kyle Parks time to operate. I don't expect us to stop BC (we havent stopped many teams this year). Just hope we can get a few here and there. If Kyle has time throw the ball, we can put up some points. Center has 3 good receivers, led by senior Octavius Evans. But the key all year has been having time to get the ball to them. If Center looks sharp offensively like we did against Kilgore in our regular season finale, I like our chances. If we look like we did against Henderson, well, we'll be airing up basketballs sooner than we want.

Better make each possesion count.  BC controls the clock with their ground game. 

Not to be a hater but the winner of this game goes home third round regardless.  imo...

Scoring points on BC won't be the problem.  The problem will getting their offense  off the field.  They can move the ball in  chunks but prefers to slowly move the ball up and down the field.  

At some point, you have to stop them.  Preferedly, early in the possession.

They have a HUGE line and I believe either that Center or that right guard is a mountain.

44 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Not necessarily, that still gives them two plays to get 5 yards. They went for it on 4th down several times against Silsbee 

Based on what Coach Matthews did against PAM, it must be required when you run the Slot T :) 

Speaking of that, I'd be curious to know how many times Vidor has punted this year.  Bet it isn't many.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Based on what Coach Matthews did against PAM, it must be required when you run the Slot T :) 

Speaking of that, I'd be curious to know how many times Vidor has punted this year.  Bet it isn't many.

Less than 20 even if you count the BH game. That's a really good stat not many people pay attention to.