Carthage v/s Silsbee

TigerNut

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ok, so that's the same one...  I might've gotten that mixed up with the renovation...  my bad...

I thought you were talking about the old one. Yea, it's the same one when we played Central for several years. Just have turf now, video screen and we've added more stands.

32 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee I think has the best backfield in D1 Region III. 

We'll see. There are some pretty good backfields in this region.... 

Silsbee - Tyler and Thomas

Henderson - Hall and VanZandt

Carthage - Ingram

Kilgore - Jackson and Hamilton

El Campo - Enriquez and Holloway

Don't know much about Stafford's backfield.

5 minutes ago, KilgoreAggie98 said:

We'll see. There are some pretty good backfields in this region.... 

Silsbee - Tyler and Thomas

Henderson - Hall and VanZandt

Carthage - Ingram

Kilgore - Jackson and Hamilton

El Campo - Enriquez and Holloway

Don't know much about Stafford's backfield.

Bridge city not included in that list??

17 minutes ago, KilgoreAggie98 said:

I apologize for the oversight.... I know Draper is a hoss, who else totes the rock for BC?

Morris and Baker start along with Draper, and Denton fills in well. The Qb Trahan is usually good for a TD or two, and Lara (freshman) is showing a nose for the end zone in cleanup duty. Check the stats... we run almost exclusively AND led the district in points scored... despite getting blanked by WOS and only playing nine games. 

And Smoketown thinks they have the best backfield.

It's hard for me to say we have the best backfield overall we do have the best back in the district and another right there with him.  The problem is to have the best backfield to me you would have to play both of them there a good bit.  You rarely see both on the field at the same time.  Adonis has not had near as many opportunities this year.  He has produced when  he has had the chance.   But he has been a big part of the defense.

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Morris and Baker start along with Draper, and Denton fills in well. The Qb Trahan is usually good for a TD or two, and Lara (freshman) is showing a nose for the end zone in cleanup duty. Check the stats... we run almost exclusively AND led the district in points scored... despite getting blanked by WOS and only playing nine games. 

And Smoketown thinks they have the best backfield.

In the head to head matchup, There was a silsbee RB that ran for 255 yards and averaged 11 yards per carry and 3 TD's and his counterpart finished with over 100 yards and also had 11 yards per carry vs Bridge City.  so yea, we'd say 'Smoke Town' has a better backfield than BC...

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

In the head to head matchup, There was a silsbee RB that ran for 255 yards and averaged 11 yards per carry and 3 TD's and his counterpart finished with over 100 yards and also had 11 yards per carry vs Bridge City.  so yea, we'd say 'Smoke Town' has a better backfield than BC...

We had more rushing yards and won the game that night. 

Tyler is no doubt the best back in our district... but that's not the question.  The question was "backfield" not "back."  We put up more points and yards with our rushing attack in 1 fewer game than everybody else. 

I'll echo ST413 in wondering why Coach Smith didn't have Thomas and Tyler working together at almost all times.  

i think I'll take more rushing yards and more points in fewer games, a head to head win, and an undefeated record in district as proof that BC's backfield>Silsbee's backfield. 

Now if you want to compare points let's just compare common opponents ant throw out the possibility of the stronger or weaker schedule argument.  Those would be district games plus WOS and Newton.   And I will even not count the 2 we scored against WOS since it was more like they scored on themselves. So in those games BC scored 259 compared to you guessed it 259 for the Tigers.  Now I am not going to go back and add yardages but fro these numbers it looks like our 1 or 2 backs are doing just as well as all of yours.  And except for 1 extra point it would all be equal.  

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

We had more rushing yards and won the game that night. 

Tyler is no doubt the best back in our district... but that's not the question.  The question was "backfield" not "back."  We put up more points and yards with our rushing attack in 1 fewer game than everybody else. 

I'll echo ST413 in wondering why Coach Smith didn't have Thomas and Tyler working together at almost all times.  

i think I'll take more rushing yards and more points in fewer games, a head to head win, and an undefeated record in district as proof that BC's backfield>Silsbee's backfield. 

..because that's all BC does is run.  Silsbee does pass more.  But I'll take the Running efficiency...  Silsbee's yards per touch and TD's per touch is higher than BC's, coming out the backfield.