Huffman vs Silsbee

aTmfan06

12 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Ok.  I'll bite.

You say Falcons in 4, so I'll go Tigers in 4.

Silsbee's best shot at a State Tourney Appearance in school history.  

Just trying to get some volleyball talk. But if you look at teams these schools have played this year, Huffman has played a lot tougher competition that has better prepared them for the playoffs.

Ill give you Tarkington.  The rest of your "tougher competition" was preseason.  However, experience is experience.

If Tarkington takes LCM lightly they will lose. 

Silsbee is a volatile team.  Lots of passion. Can show absolute domination at times during a match and then tries to coast at other times. 

It can be frustrating.

If they are focused, I would put front line defense up against most teams. 

Solid Senior core of players with underclassmen starting.

It will be interesting. 

Will never say Silsbee sweeps because of lack of focus at times, but don't be surprised if they show up and make it look easy. 

Not taken anything against this Silsbee team at ALL this year but  talking about Best Shot at state Tourney would have been 2- maybe 3  years running under Coach Dana Thornton the girls were 10-0 Bellville ended it for them in 2001 but am excited they have a team again that I hope does win tomorrow night and will have a shot at STATE Best of Luck to the LADY TIGERS

12 minutes ago, pets6 said:

Not taken anything against this Silsbee team at ALL this year but  talking about Best Shot at state Tourney would have been 2- maybe 3  years running under Coach Dana Thornton the girls were 10-0 Bellville ended it for them in 2001 but am excited they have a team again that I hope does win tomorrow night and will have a shot at STATE Best of Luck to the LADY TIGERS

True.  I stand corrected, but to be honest I was referring to pure raw talent.  I edited the above comment to show that.

Core players have been together since freshman year.

I have not seen either team play this year. Huffman is probably the more refined team when it comes to their volleyball skills. I know in the past a lot, if not almost all, of their girls played club. I do not know if that is the case with this team. However, the straight athleticism that Silsbee has might be one of the best Huffman has seen all year. Several of the girls from Silsbee are extremely quick and can jump out of the gym. I think Huffman should be the favored team going into the game and I can see them winning in a close three, but I'm going to go with Silsbee in five. Silsbee will have to play very consistent.

Did Huffman get another new coach this year? If so, where did the old coach go?

10 minutes ago, JSnipes said:

I have not seen either team play this year. Huffman is probably the more refined team when it comes to their volleyball skills. I know in the past a lot, if not almost all, of their girls played club. I do not know if that is the case with this team. However, the straight athleticism that Silsbee has might be one of the best Huffman has seen all year. Several of the girls from Silsbee are extremely quick and can jump out of the gym. I think Huffman should be the favored team going into the game and I can see them winning in a close three, but I'm going to go with Silsbee in five. Silsbee will have to play very consistent.

Did Huffman get another new coach this year? If so, where did the old coach go?

Huffman got Kingwood Parks coach and the old Huffman coach went to Kingwood Park.

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Ill give you Tarkington.  The rest of your "tougher competition" was preseason.  However, experience is experience.

If Tarkington takes LCM lightly they will lose. 

Silsbee is a volatile team.  Lots of passion. Can show absolute domination at times during a match and then tries to coast at other times. 

It can be frustrating.

If they are focused, I would put front line defense up against most teams. 

Solid Senior core of players with underclassmen starting.

It will be interesting. 

Will never say Silsbee sweeps because of lack of focus at times, but don't be surprised if they show up and make it look easy. 

Tarkington is one of the best in 4A. They will sweep LCM