HD VS BURKEVILLE

USC 35

9 hours ago, REBgp said:

In case you haven't looked, and based on what will probably happen, here's the projected playoffs.

Iola vs  Grapeland

Hull Daisetta vs Timpson

Evadale vs Overton

Sabine Pass vs Tenaha

So you're thinking Iola will beat Evadale this week then HD next week?

I'm not saying it won't happen..  But I believe that Iola may not quite as good as I (or anyone else) originally thought.  I'm not saying they aren't good.  I'm just saying that I was very surprised by both Evadale and HD this season.  I think both are good enough to make it a very competitive game with Iola.  Having said that...Iola has the too toughest games of the season back to back.  That's tough.  You may be surprised.

I picked Iola to win today....but I wasn't very impressed that Iola only beat Colmesneil 40-12.  I don't care what the circumstances were (barring ending the game early)...that's not very good in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

So you're thinking Iola will beat Evadale this week then HD next week?

I'm not saying it won't happen..  But I believe that Iola may not quite as good as I (or anyone else) originally thought.  I'm not saying they aren't good.  I'm just saying that I was very surprised by both Evadale and HD this season.  I think both are good enough to make it a very competitive game with Iola.  Having said that...Iola has the too toughest games of the season back to back.  That's tough.  You may be surprised.

I picked Iola to win today....but I wasn't very impressed that Iola only beat Colmesneil 40-12.  I don't care what the circumstances were (barring ending the game early)...that's not very good in my opinion.

I agree, they're not as good as the Iola of the last few years.  I certainly think Evadale or HD can beat them, if they can overcome the mental aspect.  Btw, when I looked on Maxpreps, there wasn't a coach named.  Martinez ( Martines?) had coached them since we've been playing, so they may have a new one.  May account for the downturn.  I'll tell you one thing, it'll make my day if the Rebels beat them tonight.

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I agree, they're not as good as the Iola of the last few years.  I certainly think Evadale or HD can beat them, if they can overcome the mental aspect.  Btw, when I looked on Maxpreps, there wasn't a coach named.  Martinez ( Martines?) had coached them since we've been playing, so they may have a new one.  May account for the downturn.  I'll tell you one thing, it'll make my day if the Rebels beat them tonight.

Iola is at a huge disadvantage playing these two the last two games of the season back to back.  Had they been spread out, I'd think Iola wouldn't have a problem beating both of them.  But the district schedule they got will make it tough.