Question: Porter vs. New Caney team comparison

OldAg07

I am not terribly familiar with either Porter or New Caney.  I am going to the game this Friday though and I was looking for some information on the two teams.  If anyone with some knowledge would be willing to shed some light on the game that would be awesome.  Who has the advantage at each position/position group?  

• QB
  • RB
  • WR
  • OL
  • DL
  • LB
  • CB/S
  • Special Teams
  • Coaching

What does New Caney have to do to win the game?

What does Porter have to do to win the game?

One or two players to look for on each team.

Again, I appreciate the responses.

I have watched both play at least twice.

Look for NC QB Cooper, RB Allison, and WR Aiken to be the main playmakers for them.

Look for Porter QB Hall and WR Carney to be the main playmakers for them.

Both teams have experienced coaching.

I have not seen Porter special teams much other than kick off coverage. They don't kick many field goals. New Caney's punt teams have not had any bad miscues since the Tomball memorial loss where they snapped it over the punters head twice giving up posession in the red zone.

NC defensive line has been able to put pressure on the other teams passing game, and they lead the district in interceptions on the one sight I have seen those stats.

Porter will need to be able to run the ball effectively to open up their passing game or NC will double Carney. The other SR WR for Porter is not eligible this week.

Overall, this lines up on paper as being a very high scoring game. I also expect more fans to be in attendance than either has played in front of this far this season. Once again emotional penalties and turnovers could be the deciding factor.

19 hours ago, OldAg07 said:

I am not terribly familiar with either Porter or New Caney.  I am going to the game this Friday though and I was looking for some information on the two teams.  If anyone with some knowledge would be willing to shed some light on the game that would be awesome.  Who has the advantage at each position/position group?  

• QB
  • RB
  • WR
  • OL
  • DL
  • LB
  • CB/S
  • Special Teams
  • Coaching

Very interesting match up this week. New Caney has beaten everyone they were supposed to beat up until this point and Porter has beaten everyone they were supposed to beat and upset a good Crosby team (I know they had three starters out get over it) So here is my input after seeing both teams play numerous times.

• QB- Porter- Jake Hall very accurate takes care of the ball and makes plays in crunch time
  • RB- New Caney- Allison very skill runner tough to bring down and fast
  • WR- Porter- Carney he in my mind is the best WR in the district aside from Netherly who is at QB
  • OL- New Caney nothing overly big but they get after you and they understand their assignments
  • DL- Porter- 44 is a beast and is unblockable at times and 40 gets after it and uses speed in the pass rush game
  • LB- WASH- both LB crews play fast and downhill and tackle well
  • CB/S- WASH- Porter based on overall athleticism but are prone to a big play. New Caney based on technique and assignment they keep everything in front of them very well.
  • Special Teams- Porter they have great kick coverage ability on both kick off and punt and two very dangerous return men (not that NC doesn't have Allison back there he is dangerous as well) just think Porter Special teams are better. 
  • Coaching- I have to give the nod here to Holley the way he has those kids believing is a special thing and this group of seniors will be ready Friday night.

What does New Caney have to do to win the game? Score touchdowns in the redzone Porter has done a great job of not allowing TDs in the redzone. Also they must win the turnover battle very cliche I know.

What does Porter have to do to win the game? Limit the big plays by New Caney they like to score early and often and sit on the lead and force the other team into mistakes. Must run the ball effectively and also take care of the ball.

#10 and 77 for NC both could have a big impact in the game one on offense one on defense. 

#15 and 22 for Porter 15 plays safety and also gets put in on offense and is a return man he is a big play waiting to happen. 22 plays WR and can be an X factor working the middle of the field in the NC secondary.

Should be a packed house and a great game Friday night! In the words of Bart Scott CANT WAIT!!

On 10/25/2016 at 2:49 PM, OldAg07 said:

• QB
  • RB
  • WR
  • OL
  • DL
  • LB
  • CB/S
  • Special Teams
  • Coaching

QB: Both quarterbacks are in the discussion for top in the district with #10 from new caney a more mobile quarterback then #11 from Porter 

RB: #5 from new caney is big and runs downhill leads the district in touchdowns 

WR: Porters #2 and New Caneys #3 are excellent and the entire wide receiver core is good on each side 

OL- Toss up both play well and with good technique 

DL- porters #44 is a monster while new caneys #77 can blow past offensive lineman porters #40 is ridiculously quick and leads the district in sacks if I'm not mistaken 

LB- Both teams have good linebackers Porters #1 is built like a safety but beats people with speed and agility and always ends up making a big play New Caneys #9 is hard nosed and makes a ton of tackles 

CB: Porters CB's are more athletic new caneys are a product of the system 

Special teams: Porters returned multiple punts and kicks they do a great job on special teams

Coaching: Obviously both coaches are great porters Jim Holley is the headline for turning around a Porter team that's gone a combined 9-51 in the last 6 years 

Can't wait to watch Friday Night!