Is Porter The Best HS Football Team In The State Of Texas?

Ok, I will be the first. I usually don't comment on these threads, but here I go. Everyone will give Porter props for putting a good year together. But they are not even in the same level as the best teams in the State. I would be a large sum of money that WOS (which is 4A) would beat them by pretty good margin. Porter has done some really good things this year, but it take more than one year to become a elite team in football.

7 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Come on man, really? I believe they have only beat 1 team with a winning record.

The teams they have faced thus far are 18-39. I was correct Crosby is the only team with a winning record they have beat. While I am also proud of our district mates on the great season they have put together, we need to look at it from a realistic standpoint. The game Friday night with New Caney will certainly be a big game for Porter as they have never beaten New Caney. I am sure they will be up for it as they try to make this a in district rivalry. They have some good kids over there and the coaching has them believing. I still think NC will put up 40 and Porter will be held to around 28.

18 minutes ago, johnson&johnson3 said:

Porter is 7-0 and they're are beating all the best teams, why is no one giving them credit?

Well, first Porter is starting to get some pub as DCTF has them in their Top 25 this week at #18. 

But, I have to echo what idk said, they are having a great season and someone whose stock is really rising as a coach is Jim Holley after seeing the before and afters at both Porter and Kingwood Park.  That being said, they have yet to face 2 of the 3 other teams which will represent 21-5A in the playoffs and have yet to be able to claim the title atop 21-5A, much less the state.

32 minutes ago, johnson&johnson3 said:

Porter is 7-0 and they're are beating all the best teams, why is no one giving them credit?

Lol, I thought this was a sarcasm thread at first. No, not even close. They needed overtime to beat a Crosby team that was down several starters and that's the only squad they've beaten with a winning record. They'll most likely lose this week to NC and probably go into the playoffs with a loss to BH. People have given them credit, it's just that nobody is fooled. Teams like Ryan, College Station, Cedar Park, Manvel, Foster, etc. would beat Porter by at least 28 points on a normal night.

26 minutes ago, idk said:

Ok, I will be the first. I usually don't comment on these threads, but here I go. Everyone will give Porter props for putting a good year together. But they are not even in the same level as the best teams in the State. I would be a large sum of money that WOS (which is 4A) would beat them by pretty good margin. Porter has done some really good things this year, but it take more than one year to become a elite team in football.

We're talking 5A man, please don't put WOS anywhere in this. I highly doubt they could even beat La Vega or Argyle right now. Even though they won a state championship they were beat down by 28 to a team that wasn't even ranked in the top 10 and lost in the third round. Porter's qb, rb and top receiver are all better than what WOS has at those positions plus they're overall bigger and deeper. WOS might be able to change the game making defensive plays but they're not in the same hemisphere as squads like Manvel, Foster, Ryan, Cedar Park, etc. Lot different playing schools who have athletes the caliber of WOS and four times more of them to choose from.  

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We're talking 5A man, please don't put WOS anywhere in this. I highly doubt they could even beat La Vega or Argyle right now. Even though they won a state championship they were beat down by 28 to a team that wasn't even ranked in the top 10 and lost in the third round. Porter's qb, rb and top receiver are all better than what WOS has at those positions plus they're overall bigger and deeper. WOS might be able to change the game making defensive plays but they're not in the same hemisphere as squads like Manvel, Foster, Ryan, Cedar Park, etc. Lot different playing schools who have athletes the caliber of WOS and four times more of them to choose from.  

Well my point exactly. If Porter can't beat a (4A) WOS team, then how in the hell could they even be in a conversation about being the best team in Texas. Yea I know about the depth of these bigger schools and what kind of athletes they have. I do not need a lesson. If you needed to get in a dig at WOS they do it on your own. I am not from there but I still say Porter could not beat them. As far as Porter's QB being better than Jack Dallas, I doubt it. Not only could Dallas beat him on the football field, he then could strike him out on the baseball diamond then hit a homerun off of the Porter QB if he tried to pitch to him.

3 minutes ago, idk said:

Well my point exactly. If Porter can't beat a (4A) WOS team, then how in the hell could they even be in a conversation about being the best team in Texas. Yea I know about the depth of these bigger schools and what kind of athletes they have. I do not need a lesson. If you needed to get in a dig at WOS they do it on your own. I am not from there but I still say Porter could not beat them. As far as Porter's QB being better than Jack Dallas, I doubt it. Not only could Dallas beat him on the football field, he then could strike him out on the baseball diamond then hit a homerun off of the Porter QB if he tried to pitch to him.

Lol, be for real dude. I love the kid and he'll be a WOS legend if he can win another title but the ONLY reason he's getting an opportunity to play at Lamar is because of baseball. He's a special player but if he played for a team like Mexia you wouldn't be nearly as high on him.

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, be for real dude. I love the kid and he'll be a WOS legend if he can win another title but the ONLY reason he's getting an opportunity to play at Lamar is because of baseball. He's a special player but if he played for a team like Mexia you wouldn't be nearly as high on him.

Well if we are being honest, maybe the system at Porter is making that QB look better than he really is. Sometime it is the players around you and the system you are in more that the player themselves.

3 minutes ago, idk said:

Well if we are being honest, maybe the system at Porter is making that QB look better than he really is. Sometime it is the players around you and the system you are in more that the player themselves.

Jacob Hall has been starting at a 5A school that's about to have 2,000 kids since he was a freshman, he could ball coming out of 8th grade. If we're being honest about a system I would look to JD as prime example of being a beneficiary, great defense that always gets you the ball in good position and gets to throw to open receiver because his athletes are so much better than the other teams at that level. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.  

Guest Aledoalumni

Win district, win the region, then win state. Until you do that than you cant be in the conversation of best in Texas. Even if you accomplish those things you still might be in the 10-15 range.  

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Jacob Hall has been starting at a 5A school that's about to have 2,000 kids since he was a freshman, he could ball coming out of 8th grade. If we're being honest about a system I would look to JD as prime example of being a beneficiary, great defense that always gets you the ball in good position and gets to throw to open receiver because his athletes are so much better than the other teams at that level. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.  

I do agree with you that Jack a product of the system to a point. But that does not take away him being a quality QB on his own accord. I would say the same about Jacob. Good QB but is helped by the system to a point. So we agree on some level and then disagree to a point. I wish Porter nothing but the best for the rest of this year and I do hope they have a deep playoff run.

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Are you serious?? I think you are sleep on W.O.S and I'm not even from there..I really don't have to say anything just look at how many Players are in the NFL or Playing FBS football...out of 800kids..

or better yet, Ask Dayton how they faired against 3A W.O.S on the way to their 4A State Titles a few years back 

Porter is having some well-deserved success. They have a huge group of seniors and a nice class of juniors. However, lets be real. This district is as weak as it has been in a long, long, long time. Not long ago, Crosby, Dayton, King, Kpark, and even Humble were teams at the top of the rankings. No teams in this district are worthy of top tier rankings. Porter has hit some good timing and they are getting a good season out of it. Hopefully they can make it one to build on so this isn't just a one hit wonder type season. New Caney is proving to do that right now. Their big playoff making season was last year. Now they are turning it into more by trying to win the district title.  

this is a silly thread. first of all NOBODY IN 21-5A, 22-5A, OR MANVEL IS GOING TO BE BETTER THAN ALEDO. to entertain this silly post is funny. fans from PAM, WOS, even  PNG should start a post asking are they the best in the state. the idiot that started this seems to be a small child or like i said an idiot. he didn't account the 6a ranks across the region 3 alone that would beat the breaks off Porter like Katy, Woodlands, North Shore, Atascocita...don't worry little poster. round 1, PAM will give you a thorough brake changing.