World Series

As a loyal cub fan of 69 years I have to admit it is such an emotional game for me. I have watched the cubs all my life, ever since I was old enough to walk, it was just something you grew up with where I was born, much like a Dallas Cowboy fan of the 60s. Moving to SE Texas in 1978 I left behind my roots except for one my love of the cubs of summer. Now I am asking myself is this really happening. I watched my dad wish so much he could see the cubs win the world series but that was not possible. After years of frustration and being poked fun at by my friends and all the kids I played ball with and yes even adults who thought I was crazy for rooting for the loveable losers, I now wait for game 7 of the world series and I sit and wonder what could go wrong. A win will let me breathe a sigh of relief and shed a tear of joy for all those years that only a true cub fan can feel. I will celebrate quietly and thank all the players this year for what they have done for me and all the other faithful cub fans around the country. Yes even those fans and players who have left us will smile down upon them tonite.

ON THE OTHER HAND IF IT DOESNT GO MY WAY I WILL TURN TO MY WIFE AND SIMPLY SAY "MAYBE NEXT YEAR":)

4 hours ago, Mikasa said:

As a loyal cub fan of 69 years I have to admit it is such an emotional game for me. I have watched the cubs all my life, ever since I was old enough to walk, it was just something you grew up with where I was born, much like a Dallas Cowboy fan of the 60s. Moving to SE Texas in 1978 I left behind my roots except for one my love of the cubs of summer. Now I am asking myself is this really happening. I watched my dad wish so much he could see the cubs win the world series but that was not possible. After years of frustration and being poked fun at by my friends and all the kids I played ball with and yes even adults who thought I was crazy for rooting for the loveable losers, I now wait for game 7 of the world series and I sit and wonder what could go wrong. A win will let me breathe a sigh of relief and shed a tear of joy for all those years that only a true cub fan can feel. I will celebrate quietly and thank all the players this year for what they have done for me and all the other faithful cub fans around the country. Yes even those fans and players who have left us will smile down upon them tonite.

ON THE OTHER HAND IF IT DOESNT GO MY WAY I WILL TURN TO MY WIFE AND SIMPLY SAY "MAYBE NEXT YEAR":)

I'm a RANGERS fan that happens to be friends with a Cubs fan. Because of him, I claim the Cubs as my 2nd team. I've been to Wrigley and witnessed a Cubs W.  I can not imagine what it will be like if the "Good Guys" hand on and win. Go Cubs Go!!!

2 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

smh...Lester sure not working out.

I didn't like that move at all.  Lester threw 90 pitches 3 days ago and isn't used to coming out of the pen.  Hendricks was looking good.  Maddon gets too cute sometimes. 

The 2 run wild pitch was pretty sweet.  We have a ballgame

5-3 Cubs After 5

2 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I didn't like that move at all.  Lester threw 90 pitches 3 days ago and isn't used to coming out of the pen.  Hendricks was looking good.  Maddon gets too cute sometimes. 

The 2 run wild pitch was pretty sweet.  We have a ballgame

5-3 Cubs After 5

Agree...tough to second guess Maddon, but come on.