Orangefield at Hardin-Jefferson

drewlsu

14 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

It's a do or die game. 

Will impact both their playoff path. I would consider this game a playoff game. 

OF 28 HF 21. 

For OF, they need to win by a couple scores to take the third seed.  I don't think it's possible for OF to finish with the second seed  

HJ controls their own destiny for the number two seed. Win and they're in. 

Almost time to look at brackets to determine playoff matchups. 

1 hour ago, drewlsu said:

For OF, they need to win by a couple scores to take the third seed.  I don't think it's possible for OF to finish with the second seed  

HJ controls their own destiny for the number two seed. Win and they're in. 

Almost time to look at brackets to determine playoff matchups. 

Yep.That would put you in the first round against Tarkington or Madisonville,which you should win.

FYI for any OF fans with kiddos...

"HJHS Halloween Carnival

HJ's Student Council, along with other HJ organizations, will be hosting a Halloween Carnival on Friday, October 28th at Hawk Stadium from 6:00-7:30 pm for elementary students. There will be a costume contest for 3 year olds-Kindergarten, 1st-2nd grade, and 3rd-5th grade. We hope to see everyone there! "

Candy and games. 

Can't say that I've followed OF too closely this season, but I know that they're not an easy matchup for HJ. If HJ plays with the consistency that they showed Liberty, I am without a doubt that they will win this game. HJ was able to take down Liberty by putting together long, scoring drives that ultimately wore down the Liberty defense, which contained a few key factors of their offense. According to the Orangefield preview, it seems as if OF has quite a few important players that play both ways. If HJ can put together a few long drives and get a few scores out of them, they can put OF to sleep in the second half and ride this one straight to the first round of the playoffs versus Madisonville/Tarkington. That is, if their defense is able to contain the Orangefield offense. Should be an interesting one.

HJ 42

OF 28

11 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

HJ by 2  TD . That will put OF vs Bellville (assuming we take care of Shepherd and Madisonville) Which we should.

Yep no doubt about it, you guys will be first place:), you guys will not even break a sweat the next three weeks. If I were Bellville, I would not overlook Madisonville. They do have some athletes and if you blink they may surprise you. Just take care of business this week, Shepherd is not going to even show up next week and waste gas, we will just take our spot that the polls and the fans say we deserve and go on about our business. Oh by the way are you kin to TexasPanther12? Just curious!!

1 minute ago, idk said:

Yep no doubt about it, you guys will be first place:), you guys will not even break a sweat the next three weeks. If I were Bellville, I would not overlook Madisonville. They do have some athletes and if you blink they may surprise you. Just take care of business this week, Shepherd is not going to even show up next week and waste gas, we will just take our spot that the polls and the fans say we deserve and go on about our business. Oh by the way are you kin to TexasPanther12? Just curious!!

Lol you like giving me a hard time. I knew this would get your attention. I really am looking forward to Bellville vs Shepherd. I'll actually be sitting on the visiting side because it's always less crowded lol. I'd be glad to take in the game with ya 

5 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Lol you like giving me a hard time. I knew this would get your attention. I really am looking forward to Bellville vs Shepherd. I'll actually be sitting on the visiting side because it's always less crowded lol. I'd be glad to take in the game with ya 

Yea, it is kinda fun messing with ya. It should be a very good game. I did look at some film and I do think Belleville is a better team than Liberty, so it will be a tough game for us. I do think it will come down to a battle of the Offensive lines. They both are good. On Bellville's defense the big DE (#21) I think is impressive. He and our blocking back #40 will have a few good meetings for sure.

OH and on this thread I think HJ will win by at least two td's. Question, if HJ wins out do they get he #@ seed in that district?

2 hours ago, idk said:

Yea, it is kinda fun messing with ya. It should be a very good game. I did look at some film and I do think Belleville is a better team than Liberty, so it will be a tough game for us. I do think it will come down to a battle of the Offensive lines. They both are good. On Bellville's defense the big DE (#21) I think is impressive. He and our blocking back #40 will have a few good meetings for sure.

OH and on this thread I think HJ will win by at least two td's. Question, if HJ wins out do they get he #@ seed in that district?

If HJ win out they will be the 2 seed

I believe this will be a good game, seems like the last few years the team with the ball last wins. Of course just like every game with teams evenly matched it's going to come down to penalties and turnovers. That's what killed OF against Liberty, seemed like all night long we would start a drive with 1st and 25 and those are killers in our offense. Take the 4 so called chop blocks (only game all year that has been called against us) and a lineman downfield on a big play late, and we're right there with Liberty. Of course we couldn't stop them, but they were having problems stopping us as well. A lot of you HJ fans were at that game, you saw how we played them. Should be a good one, I'll take my boys 28-27

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

If HJ win out they will be the 2 seed

I think if HJ beats OF then they should clinch the number two seed then right?

Even if we lose to HF in the last week we will have two district losses and tie with Liberty but own the head to head tiebreaker.  

OF would have three losses, assuming they lose to WOS and finish 4th.

So really as long as we win one of the next two we should clinch the 2 seed, right?