Porter 35 Humble 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

13 hours ago, nceagle said:

Who would have expected this at the beginning of the season.

Honestly, I thought they would be. Splendora is next. That area is growing so fast, you have great facilities, good coaching, big influx of money and people = formula for success. The Cleveland area will follow. There's a lot to be said for changing US 59 into IH 69. A lot more money, industry, etc. always follows the improvement of infrastructure throughout history. I can remember playing NC back in the mid-2000s and there wasn't a lot of nothing that way. My how times change. Hard for schools that are stagnant in growth to keep up.  

If you had told me twenty years ago that Humble would have more band and dance team members than it had fans in the stands on a Saturday night home game, I would have said you were nuts. I realize that the building of new schools around it has had a huge impact on them, but come on. They had huge linemen and several phenomenal speed/size play makers, but they looked absolutely lost on offense. Several delay of game penalties and several failures to line up right. Wow.

Porter came out flat and looked like they might be looking ahead to next week, but Humble failed to take advantage. The Spartans made a few adjustments and looked more interested in the second half.

Hope the Spartans bring their "A" game this week and bring the battle to NC. Should be a good one.

9 hours ago, robanadana said:

Honestly, I thought they would be. Splendora is next. That area is growing so fast, you have great facilities, good coaching, big influx of money and people = formula for success. The Cleveland area will follow. There's a lot to be said for changing US 59 into IH 69. A lot more money, industry, etc. always follows the improvement of infrastructure throughout history. I can remember playing NC back in the mid-2000s and there wasn't a lot of nothing that way. My how times change. Hard for schools that are stagnant in growth to keep up.  

You thought Porter would be 7-0? I think everyone thought they would be better 5-5 or 6-4 ( which considering the 9-51 record with just 2 or 3 district wins) is pretty good. My prediction would have been 6-4 or 5-5 battling for the 4th place in district if a few things went well. But beating Crosby and Dayton (of course Dayton being further down and Crosby being very banged up that week played into it) and being undefeated going into New Caney is crazy. 

11 hours ago, robanadana said:

VIDOR?????