22-5A Playoffs

Footballfan1209

1 hour ago, Footballfan1209 said:

From my understanding this is what was called on the field. The PNG player was in a positions to make the attempt but a Vidor player blasted him before he touched it. This was taken from the NCAA RULES, which also the same rules Texas High School Football follows.

F. During a free kick a player of the receiving team in position to receive the

ball has the same kick-catch and fair-catch protection whether the ball is

kicked directly off the tee or is immediately driven to the ground, strikes the

ground once and goes into the air in the manner of the ball kicked directly

off the tee.

G. Contact by Team A involving a targeting foul (Rules 9-1-3 and 9-1-4) or other

personal foul that interferes with the receiver’s opportunity to catch a kick

may be ruled either as interference or as a targeting or personal foul. The

15-yard penalty is enforced at the spot where the dead ball belongs to Team

B or at the spot of the foul, at the option of Team B.

Those are all fair catch rules.  Would apply if the player called for a fair catch. Doubt that is the case on an onside kick bouncing on the ground.  If every onside kick was officiated like that one, the kicking team would never have a chance to recover.  Use some common sense.

Vidor was called for interfering with the receiver catching the ball. I've seen the play several times. The PNG player who was identified as the receiver made no attempt to catch the ball. The Vidor players ran right by him, without touching him. The ball was recovered behind him. The ball had traveled ten yards, so no illegal touching. The ball was recovered and the Vidor players were running off the field when the flag was thrown. The refs missed an illegal hit in the back on the play by PNG. 

Not saying this called decided the outcome of the game. But it was a huge monumentium changer. If the call was made right and Vidor scores before half to go up 29-13, no telling how the second half goes. PNG may not have tried the on-side kick to start the third. For fear of giving Vidor a short field and being down by 16 already. 

Game is over and the outcome is not changing. Time now for everyone cheer on the district and take down 21-5a. 

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Understand what your saying but it wasn't a punt. After 10 yards it's like a fumble it's a live ball that is my understanding. It defeats the purpose of doing an onside kick an then give the player the opportunity to catch it. It had already hit ground before it bounced up for him to catch it. You can let a punt roll dead. Like I said it doesn't matter at this point. The video doesn't line up with what you are saying. Sometimes refs get wrong. 

Well by the NCAA rules which is what we go by, its in the rules that you still have the give the other team that ability to catch the football. if they are making a true attempt. Your right the ball is live and if the kickoff team gets to it first then their is no problem. The penalty is where the kickoff team hits the player trying to make an attempt on catching the football before it gets there. That's what they called on the field and its all based on your opinion as the official. At the end of the day its in the rules whether you like it or not and even I didn't realize that on a onside kick.

1 hour ago, Curelover32 said:

Those are all fair catch rules.  Would apply if the player called for a fair catch. Doubt that is the case on an onside kick bouncing on the ground.  If every onside kick was officiated like that one, the kicking team would never have a chance to recover.  Use some common sense.

Nope it and says free kick also, to make sure I called my cousin who is an official in the Houston area and he verified the rule, but said it doesn't get called very often.

9 minutes ago, Past Pirate said:

Vidor was called for interfering with the receiver catching the ball. I've seen the play several times. The PNG player who was identified as the receiver made no attempt to catch the ball. The Vidor players ran right by him, without touching him. The ball was recovered behind him. The ball had traveled ten yards, so no illegal touching. The ball was recovered and the Vidor players were running off the field when the flag was thrown. The refs missed an illegal hit in the back on the play by PNG. 

Not saying this called decided the outcome of the game. But it was a huge monumentium changer. If the call was made right and Vidor scores before half to go up 29-13, no telling how the second half goes. PNG may not have tried the on-side kick to start the third. For fear of giving Vidor a short field and being down by 16 already. 

Game is over and the outcome is not changing. Time now for everyone cheer on the district and take down 21-5a. 

Then that's was just a bad call on the official part but that call is a legit call

42 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

Nope it and says free kick also, to make sure I called my cousin who is an official in the Houston area and he verified the rule, but said it doesn't get called very often.

Reason why it doesn't get called often is because everyone is going for the ball not the player which is what happened in this situation. Good discussion. Time to rest up on our bye week an get ready for PAM.

12 hours ago, Footballfan1209 said:

Well by the NCAA rules which is what we go by, its in the rules that you still have the give the other team that ability to catch the football. if they are making a true attempt. Your right the ball is live and if the kickoff team gets to it first then their is no problem. The penalty is where the kickoff team hits the player trying to make an attempt on catching the football before it gets there. That's what they called on the field and its all based on your opinion as the official. At the end of the day its in the rules whether you like it or not and even I didn't realize that on a onside kick.

If it has hit the ground and gone 10 yards, then NO, the receiving team does not have to be given the opportunity to catch the ball.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:05 PM, Realville said:

That gimmick offense abused y'all a few years ago and went 3 deep in the playoffs. Y'all knew what was coming an still couldn't stop it. Even with 11 in the box. It's just a smash mouth offense. Just saying.

Lol, that was half a decade ago. Dude, Vidor had 67 carries for barely 300 yards and didn't have a completion. Crosby had over 400 yards on only 51 plays by comparison and averaged nearly 10 yards per rushing attempt. We did a good job stopping the gimmicks, the eleven penalties for 100 yards, muffed kicks deep in our own territory and turnovers was the difference. Crosby played with three defensive linemen the whole game. We never put 11 or even 8 people in the box even though Flannigan knew y'all were incapable of completing a forward pass, which is why he currently coaches at Westbrook right now and Crosby has averaged 10 wins per season since. Riordan will abuse Mathews just like every other decent coach with talent does.    

43 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, that was half a decade ago. Dude, Vidor had 67 carries for barely 300 yards and didn't have a completion. Crosby had over 400 yards on only 51 plays by comparison and averaged nearly 10 yards per rushing attempt. We did a good job stopping the gimmicks, the eleven penalties for 100 yards, muffed kicks deep in our own territory and turnovers was the difference. Crosby played with three defensive linemen the whole game. We never put 11 or even 8 people in the box even though Flannigan knew y'all were incapable of completing a forward pass, which is why he currently coaches at Westbrook right now and Crosby has averaged 10 wins per season since. Riordan will abuse Mathews just like every other decent coach with talent does.    

I believe the score was 42 to 20. It was 326 yards to be exact...Dude. Like I said that gimmick offense got us 3 deep in the playoffs. An your right it was 5 years ago but maybe yall will get a shot at that gimmick offense this year. Like I said y'all knew what was coming an still couldn't stop it. I know it's just eating at you. I'll give you a little secret that will make your life happier. "Learn to celebrate success, rather yours or someone else's" It will help to keep you from being a Jacka**.

38 minutes ago, The Icon said:

That Central vs Livingston game is huge this Friday

Livingston wins, they're in

Central wins by less than 14, Nederland gets in by winning out or leading point differential if the teams end up 4-4

Central wins by more than 14, they're in as long at they beat whoever they play Week 11

Yeah let's get back to the subject. 

Yeah this week is huge. We pretty much seal the playoff spots.

One correction.  If Central wins by more than 14, they would still need Livingston to beat Ozen the following week so they avoid a head to head tie with Nederland.

56 minutes ago, The Icon said:

That Central vs Livingston game is huge this Friday

Livingston wins, they're in

Central wins by less than 14, Nederland gets in by winning out or leading point differential if the teams end up 4-4

Central wins by more than 14, they're in as long at they beat whoever they play Week 11

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Only stat that counts is the final score.  But 14.2 is right about the amount of yards we gave up on the ground.  Hope we are scouting them this weekend.

Stats

Crosby Vidor
Total yards 420 306
First downs 18 24
Rushes/Yds 31/283 67/306
Average rush 9.13 4.57
Comp/Atts 9/20/1 0/2/0
Pass yards 137 0
Comp pct 45 0
Punts 3 4
Punting Yards 116 154
Punting Average 38.67 38.5
Fumbles/Lost 1/1 0/0
Penalties-yards 11-100

4-30

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

if the  hot head wr that leads the district is off the team for the stunt he pulled, central should win the game by more than 14. Livingston CAN beat Ozen in a close one.

well at 10 pm on Friday, PAM will at the very least own some of the DC....till next week when they TAKE IT from Vidor.

I really want to watch PAM vs Manvel/Temple/Cedar Park

Lots of athletes on the field - makes for good and entertaining football 

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, Realville said:

I believe the score was 42 to 20. It was 326 yards to be exact...Dude. Like I said that gimmick offense got us 3 deep in the playoffs. An your right it was 5 years ago but maybe yall will get a shot at that gimmick offense this year. Like I said y'all knew what was coming an still couldn't stop it. I know it's just eating at you. I'll give you a little secret that will make your life happier. "Learn to celebrate success, rather yours or someone else's" It will help to keep you from being a Jacka**.

Houston Chronicle has Vidor down for 308 yards on 69 plays, maybe the Vidor Times has different stats. Lol, that gimmick offense also made that your only bi-district win in 54 years. Vidor also wasn't blown out multiple times like they have been this year and will be again against PAM. I celebrate Crosby's success all the time, then people from Vidor, PNG, Ned, etc. say I shouldn't because we don't have a state championship. Crosby is coming up on their 50th win since we played Vidor, the only losses that eat at me are the ones to Elgin and Cedar Park when I felt we had chances to play for a state title.   

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Houston Chronicle has Vidor down for 308 yards on 69 plays, maybe the Vidor Times has different stats. Lol, that gimmick offense also made that your only bi-district win in 54 years. Vidor also wasn't blown out multiple times like they have been this year and will be again against PAM. I celebrate Crosby's success all the time, then people from Vidor, PNG, Ned, etc. say I shouldn't because we don't have a state championship. Crosby is coming up on their 50th win since we played Vidor, the only losses that eat at me are the ones to Elgin and Cedar Park when I felt we had chances to play for a state title.   

See that's the thing man. All we ever do is try to celebrate vidor's success but all you ever do is come in with phrases like 1st play off win in 50 years blah blah blah. Look I know our playoff success pales in comparison to your but do you always have to come rain on our parade to make yourself feel better??

6 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

See that's the thing man. All we ever do is try to celebrate vidor's success but all you ever do is come in with phrases like 1st play off win in 50 years blah blah blah. Look I know our playoff success pales in comparison to your but do you always have to come rain on our parade to make yourself feel better??

Guy said celebrate Crosby wins so I pointed out how many we have, but every time one of you brings up a game from half a decade ago with different players and coaches and point to it as what you can do I'm going to point out what you have done. It is what it is.

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Guy said celebrate Crosby wins so I pointed out how many we have, but every time one of you brings up a game from half a decade ago with different players and coaches and point to it as what you can do I'm going to point out what you have done. It is what it is.

We'll then don't get mad or upset when people bring up what Crosby has done or lack there of.