Hitchcock 56 Hardin 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

On 10/22/2016 at 10:19 PM, USC 35 said:

Man best thing they could have done , getting rid of stark, they have really turned it around since.

3 Games so called turn around....

La Marque 56-0

EC 42-0

Hitchcock 56-14 

I don't think that qualifies as a turnaround exactly.

30 minutes ago, camsdad said:

Good for you. I lived their for 50 years and I have a few as well. 

Well if you've lived their 50 years then you've seen first hand the blatant disrespect the coaches at Hardin get from year to year.  And you may be on the front lines of the absolute zero community support.  

I'll give you a little hint.  It's not the coach.  And when your town blows through coaches like people change underwear...it causes the younger kids to have numerous different head coaches, expectations, accountability, coaching philosophy, strength program, offensive and defensive scheme....and so the cycle will continue.  Every time you guys run off a coach the younger kids suffer because there isn't any consistency.  

It doesn't matter who coaches.  Go through the list of applicants and pick the best one.  After that...do what it takes to keep them around a while.  If not...hey...y'all have been terrible for the better part of a century.  Why change now.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Well if you've lived their 50 years then you've seen first hand the blatant disrespect the coaches at Hardin get from year to year.  And you may be on the front lines of the absolute zero community support.  

I'll give you a little hint.  It's not the coach.  And when your town blows through coaches like people change underwear...it causes the younger kids to have numerous different head coaches, expectations, accountability, coaching philosophy, strength program, offensive and defensive scheme....and so the cycle will continue.  Every time you guys run off a coach the younger kids suffer because there isn't any consistency.  

It doesn't matter who coaches.  Go through the list of applicants and pick the best one.  After that...do what it takes to keep them around a while.  If not...hey...y'all have been terrible for the better part of a century.  Why change now.

Amen. I never said I support the changes. 

On 10/25/2016 at 2:51 PM, camsdad said:
On 10/25/2016 at 0:58 PM, oldschool2 said:

Amen. I never said I support the changes. 

Stark knew the reputation of Hardin before he took the job.  Hardin is as dry as they ever have been when it comes to athletes and everyone including Stark knew this prior to taking the job.  

Stark brought in two coordinators who didn't have any experience and he was unprofessional. Not really a recipe for success.  Had he been more professional, and had he not quit, I think he would still be taking it on the chin with the rest of the team...and then got fired at the end of the season because the community is would live up to its reputation.

5 minutes ago, 90yshallow said:

Stark knew the reputation of Hardin before he took the job.  Hardin is as dry as they ever have been when it comes to athletes and everyone including Stark knew this prior to taking the job.  

Stark brought in two coordinators who didn't have any experience and he was unprofessional. Not really a recipe for success.  Had he been more professional, and had he not quit, I think he would still be taking it on the chin with the rest of the team...and then got fired at the end of the season because the community is would live up to its reputation.

2 things:

1.  Didn't he hire the OC from Jasper last yr?  Didn't they go to round 3 or 4 with this OC calling the plays?  Plus..pretty sure that OC has been coaching for a pretty good while.  Darryl Barbay would not let a rookie call the plays for 1 of his teams.

2.  Sometimes people leave a job when they know they don't have a choice.  He lost complete support...and that doesn't leave any choice.

Like I said above...I have a lot of contacts in the coaching community.  I know more about this than you think.

To answer your questions:

1.  No he didn't hire the OC from Jasper.  He brought his D-Line coach from West Sabine to be the OC.  Then he hired the baseball coach from Jasper last year.  

2.  You're not closer to the situation than I am...He quit...then he realized he wasn't going to get paid out...so he rescinded his resignation...then he was fired.  

6 hours ago, 90yshallow said:

About as professional as a board member calling the OC an idiot from the stands. Hard to get little Bubba to respect his coach if big Bubba doesn't. 

6 hours ago, 90yshallow said:

To answer your questions:

1.  No he didn't hire the OC from Jasper.  He brought his D-Line coach from West Sabine to be the OC.  Then he hired the baseball coach from Jasper last year.  

2.  You're not closer to the situation than I am...He quit...then he realized he wasn't going to get paid out...so he rescinded his resignation...then he was fired.  

Alright so I sent a few texts and found out.

You're right, he wasn't the OC at Jasper.  But he was the OC at HJ for several years before going there.

So you couldn't have been more wrong in saying he brought in coordinators with no experience.  But even if he would have.  You tell me what experienced coach in their right mind would go be a coordinator at Hardin.  Either looking for experience...or wants to live in that area.  Every coach in this state knows how hard it is to succeed there.  

And now...running off a coach week 6... Good luck ever getting another good one.