Hail to the King Vidor Pirates!!!

robanadana

Alright boys, congratulations on being the first team to make the playoffs (5 district wins for the naysayers) from 22-5A!!! Don't sleep on it. In order to play for the district championship Nov. 4th against our new rival, Port Arthur Memorial, you gotta get past Lee. Don't sleep on them. We need to get out of Stallworth with a solid victory and healthy to rest for the Titans in the Boneyard. Good luck tonight, play hard, get it done.

Now, there is a little pun intended here; King Vidor is who the town was named after. Look it up.

King Vidor Pirates 48, geese 14.

GUMBO the GANDERS!!!

Goose gumbo at James Brown's tonight!

20 minutes ago, Tj yellow jacket said:

Question if Pam beats Vidor then what? Just asking so many endings to district finish. D2?

Vidor will be D2 no matter what. If we win and you lose to Ned (which is a possibility, you have to admit it), we would get #1 seed and y'all #2. A lot of this depends on who the fourth team out of district is on whether y'all are D1 or D2.

Town wasn't named after King. It was named after Hungarian immigrant Charles , his grandfather. Just saying ! Descendants of both Ritter/Vidor Lumber company founders made it to Hollywood. King produced and/or directed most of Marilyn Monroes' films

** A funny tid bit of information: Vidor is hungarian for victorious !

42 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Town wasn't named after King. It was named after Hungarian immigrant Charles , his grandfather. Just saying ! Descendants of both Ritter/Vidor Lumber company founders made it to Hollywood. King produced and/or directed most of Marilyn Monroes' films

Charles is his father. Same family name. King Vidor.

1 hour ago, Seadog said:

they were victorious until that dang Interstate came along......

Interstate 10- vidor 0

2 hours ago, Seadog said:

I'm not familiar with Charles, but I was in attendance when King Vidor (pronounced Veedor) came to Vidor for a big celebration.  Was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away.  As I remember, school was let out so we could all go.  

7 hours ago, robanadana said:

Charles is his father. Same family name. King Vidor.

I'm saying his father and grandfather were named Charles. The town was named after the family, mostly his father who owned the Miller-Vidor lumber company. King was honored more than once during our homecoming parade.

This is the hidden content, please

14 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

how you figure we would go D2 num 2 seed with a loss to Ned? We have the head to head over you. I say yall would go D2 num 2 seed, and we would be D2 number 1 seed what is your thinking on that ? Just curious?

He was basing that on Vidor beating PAM and PNG losing to Nederland.  That would put Vidor at 7-1 in district and PNG at 6-2. 

41 minutes ago, Past Pirate said:

He was basing that on Vidor beating PAM and PNG losing to Nederland.  That would put Vidor at 7-1 in district and PNG at 6-2. 

Correct! I don't sell the Pirates short and Nederland will be playing for a post season spot at MCM. Of course, all of the media will be at MCM and could give a flip about Vidor vs. PAM for district title (which it will be for). I can tell you now, our kids really, really want to win district and play Memorial. At home in the Boneyard against the top team in 22-5A, you couldn't ask for anything better!