Buna 40 Coldspring-Oakhurst 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

Ok so someone please correct me if I'm wrong..

If Kirbyville beats Buna, that'll create a 3 way tie between Kirbyville, Buna and Coldspring which would take it to a point spread tie-breaker.

Right now, Coldspring is a +7 (12pt win, 5pt loss) So in order for us to take 2nd place we'll need to be at a +8...which means we need to beat Buna by 20 or more (20pt win, 12pt loss) That would put us #2, Coldspring #3 and Buna #4.

If we beat Buna, but by less than 20, then Coldspring goes as #2, us #3 and Buna #4. 

If we lose to Buna, then they'll go as #2, Coldspring as #3 and us #4. 

This is all of course assuming Woodville continues their dominance and beats Coldspring, and nothing else crazy happens when these 4 play the non-playoff picture teams. 

So what this Coldspring loss says to me is, Coldspring will be looking for a new HC and maybe a new Supt. for running off Barbay. I'm just taking a guess at this, but losing to Shepherd and now not winning district, will not sit well with the folks in Coldspring.

Disclaimer: I am not starting a rumor, I am stating what I believe will happen. So take it for what it is worth.

I agree somewhat with you @idk.  You are right that the people in Coldspring are not happy.  I do not know if they will make a coaching change this year but the people of Coldspring are surely getting restless.  If I might rightfully say so I do not agree with your statement regarding Coach Barbay.  I am from Coldspring & a change was needed because the decorum and behavior being displayed was not appropriate for the kids.  I really do not know if they kids would be any better with Coach Barbary there. Barbay was a good coach.  I guess the people felt like it was time for a change, I know some of the kids miss him.   All I can say being politically correct as possible, is that just because a well oil machine appears to run smoothly does not mean that there are not cracks under the surface.  I never saw Coldspring more disciplined and focused than when we had the Great Late Ed Peveto as head coach.  We need a coach with his mentality and infrastructure for the kids.  I  enjoyed your feebdack  @idk.  If offers a new perspective on Coldspring Football

9 minutes ago, TrojanMoJo said:

I agree somewhat with you @idk.  You are right that the people in Coldspring are not happy.  I do not know if they will make a coaching change this year but the people of Coldspring are surely getting restless.  If I might rightfully say so I do not agree with your statement regarding Coach Barbay.  I am from Coldspring & a change was needed because the decorum and behavior being displayed was not appropriate for the kids.  I really do not know if they kids would be any better with Coach Barbary there. Barbay was a good coach.  I guess the people felt like it was time for a change, I know some of the kids miss him.   All I can say being politically correct as possible, is that just because a well oil machine appears to run smoothly does not mean that there are not cracks under the surface.  I never saw Coldspring more disciplined and focused than when we had the Great Late Ed Peveto as head coach.  We need a coach with his mentality and infrastructure for the kids.  I  enjoyed your feebdack  @idk.  If offers a new perspective on Coldspring Football

My point with Barbay is that if you win games some of the small things can and will be overlooked. Every team in the state of Texas has some cracks in it. Sometimes it is the coaches and sometimes it is the players. From the outside looking in, The Coldspring team last year was not a well coached team, they still had a lot of the kids from Barbay's time on it and that helped them last year. Now you are in the full year of this coach and this team is not coached well at all. When you do not make adjustments, the kids do not play with the same passion and fire (that everyone is accustom too) and you loose that "it" factor then things are different. Most from Coldspring will say it is a lack of good quality players. I will have to call BS on that, Colspring has the quality of players they need, this runs much deeper than that. Like I said this is just my $.02 so take it for what it is worth. I do agree with you about Coach Peveto, as bad as we wanted to be him and his teams he was one of the great ones.

21 hours ago, Cowboy620 said:

If Barbay was still there coming down to 3A Div 1 Coldsprings would be a factor in the deepest Region by far in the state in this classification. 

Cowboy620 I'm picking  your Tigers to win the Region this year. How are y'all looking so far,  I don't see many chinks in the armour.

Coach Barbay has been one heck of a coach for Newton this year. He has opened up the playbook and is using multiple athletes on offense. Newton is used to only using two or three guys and just pounding the ball, but this is not the case this year. His son will hold all single season passing records for Newton after this year and a huge amount of Newton's success has been from him. He's a Barbay and is still old school, therefore he fits perfectly for Newton's program. I do think Coldsprings would be having more success with him. 

Thanks for your response @Ragin Cajun!! I am glad Coach Barbay is working out for the Newton Eagles. He was a great coach while he was at Coldspring. Wish you guys the best. I just think the players, fans, & parents did not buy into his system & did not respect him anymore. I am glad he is working out for Newton Eagles!! Good luck in the playoffs we are rooting for you & wish you the best 

20 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

Yes Barbay is not a politically correct coach.  Last names mean nothing to him. Titlments and politics do not work in his system of putting the best kids where they need to be and expecting hard work.  I bet Newton is kicking themselves right now.  

At this comment, I just have to ask you this question: are you even from Coldsprings? If not you do not have any idea, or knowledge of what happens in that particular football program