Bridge City 42 Silsbee 41/FINAL

WOSgrad

Post game thoughts... I'm not sure if Silsbee knew how much BC wanted this win. This one has been circled on the calendar since last year. Our kids definitely brought out their best efforts tonight. 

Silsbee is fast, no doubt... i just don't think anybody thought we could run with them. 

Willie Jones is much more elusive than I thought. 

The ref situation is getting worse. I don't feel like they're being unfair... they just miss a lot of calls. Not just this game, but across the board. 

Coach Smith is taking his team in a good direction. I think I called the Tigers "clowns" after our game last year.  If I paid attention, we easily won the "who can rack up the most 15 yard penalties" contest.  The Tigers are playing much more disciplined football. The wins will come. 

It's a shame that somebody had to lose this game. Silsbee will win out, IMO. Good luck!

Now as far as the game.  Congratulations BC on a well earned win.  That offense does just what it is designed to do eat up yards and time.  And you definitely have a more speed than I thought. I thought we would at least get a few stops but other than the one we must have had early on we didn't stop you all night. 

Overall this was a game that you really hate to see anyone lose.  Really the only stops were two turnovers.  The difference in this game definitely wasn't the offense or the defense.  And really only one part of the special teams...the kicker.  BCs kicker made every one we missed 3 of 4 extra points.  We did get two 2 PT conversions to cover for a couple of misses but that last one cost us.  And in all fairness to our kicker on that one it really wasn't his fault.  The snap was high and he had to take a stutter step before going on with the kick. That will definitely mess you up.

And yes this year it definitely is obvious of the officiating shortage/ problem.  I saw some missed calls both ways, naturally I remember mostly the ones that cost us but I did notice some both ways.  I didn't really get to see the interference call that most feel was missed but I did notice a player making motions towards the Tiger sideline that could have drawn a flag.  I also have to wonder why on the first possession of the second half, when BC ran for the first and got the unsportsmanlike, why wasn't it first and 25 like a similar situation in an earlier game.  Want that a dead ball foul after the play?  I don't feel or am not saying in any way that this was the reason we lost but sure would like to see a little better officiating overall.

You know you have always heard if you can't stop a team you can't win, well tonight that was proven true on one side but false on the other.

28 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Post game thoughts... I'm not sure if Silsbee knew how much BC wanted this win. This one has been circled on the calendar since last year. Our kids definitely brought out their best efforts tonight. 

Silsbee is fast, no doubt... i just don't think anybody thought we could run with them. 

The ref situation is getting worse. I don't feel like they're being unfair... they just miss a lot of calls. Not just this game, but across the board. 

Coach Smith is taking his team in a good direction. I think I called the Tigers "clowns" after our game last year.  If I paid attention, we easily won the "who can rack up the most 15 yard penalties" contest.  The Tigers are playing much more disciplined football. The wins will come. 

It's a shame that somebody had to lose this game. Silsbee will win out, IMO. Good luck!

Im with u on that one .I hate that someone had to lose. Hats off to draper and denton.and on the other hand Lil c is electric! I can truly say that I was really pleased with the play calling by Silsbee.  I truly believe that if Silsbee works out the kinks on defense they can go far in the playoffs. It's like when they did adjust to slow draper down.they started losing containment on the edge which can be corrected .BC will upset a couple teams in the playoffs! !

This game didn't disappoint.  After halfway through the second half, u know the last team with the ball would win. Couple of thoughts...

Drapper is an animal and is hard to bring down and #5 for BC has deceptive wheels.

Silsbee's speed was on display...  Tyler, Lowe, Barnes, and Jones.

Big play for the BC WR catching on the district's best CB like that (Newton).

Next time you play a wing-t team, you gotta hit the runners hard and make them 'tippytoe' throught the hole...Silsbee's second to last drive, more clock should've been.  I was telling people around me that.  Run 2 stupid dives with the fullback 1st and 2nd down.  Then run a good play in 3rd down.

Second to last drive for Silsbee, one play , Jones needed to stay inbounds and he ran out of bounds.  Gotta keep your head  in the game, Son.

In the second quarter, the BC rb ran out of bounds with 45 seconds left.  Clock mysteriously kept running untill it was to 20 seconds.  Clock is supposed to stop when out of bounds, right?  Refs huddle, come back, and no extra time on the clock.  But on that same drive, silsbee get a holding call with 0 seconds left, but you DO put 1 second back on the clock...  Smh

The blatant pass interference in the first half half on the deep pass to Barnes...  No call.  Horrible.

Tyler averaged almost 10 ypc all year and this game was no exception.  You score that 2 points.  Downturn coach not hear us all. Scream go for 2?  You score there, you force BC to score a TD and worse case scenario, you go to OT.

Our kicking game has been on and off all year....  Why do we trust the kicker with a 36 yard FG with that much pressure?

Barnes' second time this year fumbling after the catch because the ball is held like a loaf of bread.

I wonder if the coach knew this game was gonna be a game of possessions?  BC scored last in second half.  You knew they'd get the ball back in the second half...  They did and drove right down and scored.  

#5 CB for Silsbee, you're one of the best CB's in the state.  You dint let a no name kid catch that long TD in you.

BC still has Huffman and Navasota left.  Keep grinding and you can share that district title, Tigers...

40 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Congrats  C backer!