Celina Qb Pingleton should be Suspended!

ThunderCat

Guest Aledoalumni
18 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

there is no "what if"  VIDEO proof is in the pudding buddy.  so only punish if kid is hurt....seriously do you hear yourself. 

Kid should be suspended period.....to what extinct though.

I've said all along the kid should be suspended. So yeah I seriously do hear myself. The other poster said "what if........." I was saying I would rather not do what if when we dont have all the info. 

Honestly, I don't think it is anyone else's business as to the severity of the punishment.  That is between the Celina coaches, administration, and the good folks of Celina.  They KNOW that this is a reflection on their school and program.  As for scholarships, the colleges will know and decide if the revelation of this young man's character would warrant extending a scholarship offer or not.  The sad part is the deciding factor will be how "good" he is projected to be.   Heck, some college coaches may like a shady renegade.   

Whether the player was hurt or not, whether it was seen or not, whether it was in retaliation or not.......... none of these things should matter!  I haven't looked at the video but if it is as obvious as has been stated then this player should be punished severely.  Yes even the rest of the season or maybe even all year.  Not only is the action stupid and deplorable, it was done while representing his school and community.  The problem today is we too often want to take the it was only one time attitude.  That's why kids don't learn from these actions they think they will or they actually only get a slap in the wrist for them.  Sure I would hate to see a student lose their year for such an act but these acts must have severe consequences.

Guest ECBucFan

Funny thing is some other stud athlete can deal drugs on the street or commit some real crime like that and no one gets riled up about it. .... Awww, give him another chance, etc. 

4 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Funny thing is some other stud athlete can deal drugs on the street or commit some real crime like that and no one gets riled up about it. .... Awww, give him another chance, etc. 

I wouldn't broad brush everyone with that stereotype. I've seen plenty of coaches that require their players to have integrity in all areas.

1 hour ago, swampdude said:

Honestly, I don't think it is anyone else's business as to the severity of the punishment.  That is between the Celina coaches, administration, and the good folks of Celina.  They KNOW that this is a reflection on their school and program.  As for scholarships, the colleges will know and decide if the revelation of this young man's character would warrant extending a scholarship offer or not.  The sad part is the deciding factor will be how "good" he is projected to be.   Heck, some college coaches may like a shady renegade.   

I hear that the Cowboys have already contacted him to join the team. They love shady. 

1 hour ago, swampdude said:

Heck, I hear Johnny Football is still looking for a job and he defines shady renegade

Guest ECBucFan
26 minutes ago, Coach Frey said:

I wouldn't broad brush everyone with that stereotype. I've seen plenty of coaches that require their players to have integrity in all areas.

Not talking about the coaches. Where did you get that??

The general public is weighing in here. 4000 views, can't all be coaches.  

Like was said previously we live in a video society these days.  You can't walk out your door without the threat of being taped, and a large percentage of that taping is done by kids.  So if you do the action these days you have to be prepared to be taped and ridiculed and pay the price.  And by high school age you are very aware of this.  Sure it was a childish mistake but a slap on the wrist does nothing.

Are people really defending this? Other than this not being directed by a coach, there is not much difference between this action and the San Antonio kids who blindsided the ref last year. In both cases, you're physically harming a defenseless individual outside of the allowable parameters of the game. Sorry, but even 'mistakes' have consequences. 

I found two details shocking. First, this wasn't like Suh stepping over the O-lineman and "accidentally" stepping on him. This kid was several feet (if not yards) away from the scene of the crime and had to walk over with the sole purpose of hurting his opponent, who was defenseless. Second, his attack did not seem like a choice made hastily in the heat of battle. It was so calculatedly quiet and subtle that the refs just feet away didn'teven notice.

I am all for giving the kid options. A harsher punishment - an extended suspension or even removal from the team - or a less severe (but still tough) penalty in exchange for a public show of contrition - maybe an open letter or statement of apology and some form of community service. A show of humility. Let him choose.

10 minutes ago, WOS99 said:

I found two details shocking. First, this wasn't like Suh stepping over the O-lineman and "accidentally" stepping on him. This kid was several feet (if not yards) away from the scene of the crime and had to walk over with the sole purpose of hurting his opponent, who was defenseless. Second, his attack did not seem like a choice made hastily in the heat of battle. It was so calculatedly quiet and subtle that the refs just feet away didn'teven notice.

I am all for giving the kid options. A harsher punishment - an extended suspension or even removal from the team - or a less severe (but still tough) penalty in exchange for a public show of contrition - maybe an open letter or statement of apology and some form of community service. A show of humility. Let him choose.

I like this suggestion, I made the latter part of it earlier this year concerning a certain twitter incident.  I wish I would have thought to let the player make a choice like this.

Guest ECBucFan
32 minutes ago, ManiacAlum2000 said:

Are people really defending this?

NO. They are not. No one is advocating for a free pass. We are discussing the publics overrections. That does not constitute a defense in any way.

This has run its course. Outta here.

3 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Sad but true.  Not all cases, but all to many.

Video views @ 4,400 now.  Beginning to rival the new Star Wars movie.

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

NO. They are not. No one is advocating for a free pass. We are discussing the publics overrections. That does not constitute a defense in any way.

This has run its course. Outta here.

And by the way, there are some earlier posts equating this act to contact occurring during sporting events (football, boxing, etc.), and while there is assumed risk involved when playing a sport, that is not the same as having someone purposely stomp on the back of your ankle. Pretending to not know the difference is giving this kid an excuse.

I'd say that a two game suspension should be sufficient.  If the kid he stomped had been seriously injured, I'd say that the suspension should last until the injured kid is able to return to action.  As far as college offers go, I'd assume that anybody looking at this kid would also see the suspension or at least question the drop in production caused by the suspension and be able to make a better assessment of the total package that they'd be getting.  

There's just no excuse for this type of behavior.  

6 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I am glad to see so many perfect people on this site casting the first stone. I sure you all would enjoy someone putting you on an internet site and everyone jabbing knives in you. He is just a kid, let the locals handle it.

I understand you feel for this "kid" but perfect has nothing to do with it. Here is a couple of points to consider. 1st this kid is well beyond the age of knowing right from wrong so this act should be considered a malicious and purposeful act. 2nd perfect has nothing to do with the fact that this kid intended to injure another player well outside the end of the play. none of us are acting like we are perfect cause if I walked up to you while no one was looking and punched you in the face and gave you a black eye and then walked away I would fully expect to be punished for my malicious act. It's unfortunate this kid made such a bad decision to injure another player but I have to think that this kid might not be suited for competitive sports by what I saw on the video. It's not acting perfect if one wants to see justice done but this is just my view and you definitely don't have to agree with it as this is everyone's right to their own opinion. Hope you don't take this as a holier than thou view just my take on this video. 

On 10/18/2016 at 3:32 PM, ThunderCat said:

In the Celina vs Community highlight which can be found on Max Preps. You can view a clip which at the 1:38 mark clearly shows the Celina Qb (Pingleton) walk over to the pile and stomp on an opposing players ankle by placing all of his weight on it. The Community player tries to get up but is in too much pain to do so and when I saw the video my mouth dropped that he would even do something like that. What is worse is the Celina faithful on Fox Sports Friday Football app that are actually trying to blow it off and that is down right sad. I hope the UIL gets a hold of the video and sends out a message that intentionally hurting another player is not to be taken lightly. What was he thinking and why did he do it?

Im going have to say hay guys its not the time and place for this post everybody deserve respect come on