Celina Qb Pingleton should be Suspended!

ThunderCat

Be interested to know if the Coach at Celina even knows about this.  If not on the Maxpreps/Hudl video, we'd probably never heard of it.  Evidently, the word is out.  It's now showing the number of views, which I've never noticed on the few I've looked at.  Yesterday it was 500+, today it's 1249.

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to sources, the young man has been suspended from team by Celina coaching staff and admin. No word of how long the suspension will be.

I'd like to believe it'll be the rest of the season, including playoffs.  I'm assuming since we're talking about small town texas football that it'll be until they play a team where they really need him.

2 hours ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

If something comes out and the kid is hurt badly then punish the QB more. But we dont know all the details so I dont wanna "What If".

there is no "what if"  VIDEO proof is in the pudding buddy.  so only punish if kid is hurt....seriously do you hear yourself. 

Kid should be suspended period.....to what extinct though.

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I heard that the Celina staff was unaware of the incident until the video became public.  Keep in mind the video was for Community.  I hope we can get some information about the condition of the Community player.

Player is going to be ok. Nothing serious as far as injury. Will be playing next week.

Celina staff has contacted Nevada Community staff and has offered apology.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to sources, the young man has been suspended from team by Celina coaching staff and admin. No word of how long the suspension will be.

Has Celina ISD made an official statement on his being suspended from the team. With something like this and his abilities on the field just wondering.

2 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Huge difference for sporting events.. Every football block or tackle is therefore "an assualt". Are you going to prosecute boxers, for example? Thats malicious, "aggravated assualt", X100 or more.   

stepping on someone the way he did has no place in football, if this was boxing and he punched him no it is not assault but that is no the case here is it? Is stomping on someone's leg after the play within the sport of football anywhere at all? Can you drive a car on to the field and just start running the opposing team over now since laws don't apply to sports? where it is reasonable they do apply lol if a boxer punches his opponent there's no assault but even the goal is knock your opponent out in the sport, if you pull out a  gun an pistol whip him you will get an assault charge your comparison was off by a mile 

If he is suspended for the rest of the season, it not only hurts him, it hurts his team and his community.

Seems to me like he must have been retaliating from something the other kid did, that doesn't make it right, but there may be more to the story then just what we see on the video. A two game suspension may be adequate. I think we need to get the whole story before we make final judgment.

Guest ECBucFan
44 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

Can you drive a car on to the field and just start running the opposing team over now since laws don't apply to sports? where it is reasonable they do apply lol if a boxer punches his opponent there's no assault but even the goal is knock your opponent out in the sport, if you pull out a  gun an pistol whip him you will get an assault charge your comparison was off by a mile 

In football, you dont drive cars on the feild to run people over or "pistol whip" anyone. Making contact with an opposing player is part of the sport, and "unecessary roughness" is a penalty when the contact is too severe, including ejections if necessary. You DON'T need to call out Homeland Security. the SWAT Team, and a legion of personal injury lawyers.  

38 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

If he is suspended for the rest of the season, it not only hurts him, it hurts his team and his community.

Seems to me like he must have been retaliating from something the other kid did, that doesn't make it right, but there may be more to the story then just what we see on the video. A two game suspension may be adequate. I think we need to get the whole story before we make final judgment.

Some of the Celina people are saying just that but are also condemning his actions.Bottom line is your taught not to retaliate by the coaches and being 17/18 year old that's hard to compute.I'm sure this will sink in and he will regret his actions and not just because of the suspension.

3 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Wow, my question is why didn't those refs. do something, they were all around the play? This foolishness by the refs seeing what they want to see deserves a suspension  as well.

I am assuming they didn't see it either.  Which is a pretty safe assumption I would think.   Ball was fumbled, players are being unstacked.  He tried to be sneaky about it.  But we live in a video age.  I would bet he would have been ejected had one of them seen it. 

If it was a kid in my program I don't care if the ref saw it, their mama saw it, or anyone else, that kid would not touch the floor or field in any team we have. That kind of garbage has no place in athletics and if the coaches do the right thing, that kid would be run out of the program so fast it would make his head spin.

On 10/18/2016 at 3:32 PM, ThunderCat said:

In the Celina vs Community highlight which can be found on Max Preps. You can view a clip which at the 1:38 mark clearly shows the Celina Qb (Pingleton) walk over to the pile and stomp on an opposing players ankle by placing all of his weight on it. The Community player tries to get up but is in too much pain to do so and when I saw the video my mouth dropped that he would even do something like that. What is worse is the Celina faithful on Fox Sports Friday Football app that are actually trying to blow it off and that is down right sad. I hope the UIL gets a hold of the video and sends out a message that intentionally hurting another player is not to be taken lightly. What was he thinking and why did he do it?

Im going have to say hay guys its not the time and place for this post everybody deserve respect come on

Celina's District has 6 teams.  Only two others have a winning record, and Celina has them week 9 and week 11.  At least they'll be able to give the backup some time under center prior to the SC, if they make it.

Btw, video has 3,746 views now, so the word is out.