Celina Qb Pingleton should be Suspended!

ThunderCat

Guest Aledoalumni
18 hours ago, PNG2720 said:

Suspended and if any scholarships have them removed.

The KID made a bone head mistake. Chill out. Having any scholarships removed is ridiculous. 

10 minutes ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

The KID made a bone head mistake. Chill out. Having any scholarships removed is ridiculous. 

I understand what your saying but think about this, what "if" that kids ankle he stepped on like that had future plans and scholarship waiting for him but instead a injury like this ,chases a some colleges away. I know its what if but still could have been a season ending injury and if bad enough a life time injury

Guest ECBucFan
14 minutes ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

Yep. The way this thread was going, I was waiting for someone to call for the QB to be immediately transferred to the Walls unit in Huntsville and executed via lethal injection.  

10 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Yep. The way this thread was going, I was waiting for someone to call for the QB to be immediately transferred to the Walls unit in Huntsville and executed via lethal injection.  

lmbo , I agree the scholarship removal was over the top. Yes he should be punished. But for that 1 horrible action he shouldn't have his chance at a fee education taken away (if he has one). This season should be over for him, and for a state title contender that is enough punishment right there. It's one thing if they only had 2 games left but they most likely have more, we all know how much we care about high school football as much as a lot of us don't like to admit it, but if you're on this website your hs football care level is probably a bit above average, with that being said I think most of us could agree stripping a kids senior season away, after waiting on it in a town like Celina for 17 years, that's enough punishment right there. Or maybe take it one step up and have him removed from athletics all together not allowing him to play basketball baseball or run track if he does any of those things, but I wouldn't remove scholarships over it. 

41 minutes ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

With due respect, not getting out of bounds when you are down 5 with 8 seconds left is a bonehead mistake.  Heading to the right when the play is going left is a bonehead mistake.  This, I'm sorry, cannot be dismissed as merely "bonehead." The Pingleton kid, looked down, measured, left his feet and came down with all of this weight on the linebacker's ankle.  That my friend, is an intentional act.  Are some of the sanctions discussed like pulling scholarships too extreme (although in an age where college athletes are making news as often for character issues as they are for their 40 times, if I am a program recruiting this guy, I might want to dig further)? Definitely.  At the same time, when a local school is being is being castigated and called a bunch of "thugs" for pregame rituals that some find intimidating, this was truly a "thug" move that deserves some sanction and given the fact that it did appear to cause some injury, a pretty severe one.

I guess that an aspect that I find particularly galling is that nearly 10 months ago, this very kid had to sit out what was at that time the most important game of his young life because of an injury that he sustained on the field.  You'd think he would have learned something from that...then, again, he might have. 

Just now, WOSgrad said:

With due respect, not getting out of bounds when you are down 5 with 8 seconds left is a bonehead mistake.  Heading to the right when the play is going left is a bonehead mistake.  This, I'm sorry, cannot be dismissed as merely "bonehead." The Pingleton kid, looked down, measured, left his feet and came down with all of this weight on the linebacker's ankle.  That my friend, is an intentional act.  Are some of the sanctions discussed like pulling scholarships too extreme (although in an age where college athletes are making news as often for character issues as they are for their 40 times, if I am a program recruiting this guy, I might want to dig further)? Definitely.  At the same time, when a local school is being is being castigated and called a bunch of "thugs" for pregame rituals that some find intimidating, this was truly a "thug" move that deserves some sanction and given the fact that it did appear to cause some injury, a pretty severe one.

I guess that an aspect that I find particularly galling is that nearly 10 months ago, this very kid had to sit out what was at that time the most important game of his young life, because of an injury that he sustained on the field.  You'd think he would have learned something from that...then, again, he might have. 

Exactly!!! Intentional assault act.  No more football for the season for this kid!!! His coach & parents should insist he not be allowed to play.  Not just because he may have been "bonehead" as it was said, but because he sought to "intentionally" injure another player.  Suppose that was your kid he stepped on. Would you say, oh it's OK, he just made a mistake? I don't think so!!!

Guest Aledoalumni
37 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

I understand what your saying but think about this, what "if" that kids ankle he stepped on like that had future plans and scholarship waiting for him but instead a injury like this ,chases a some colleges away. I know its what if but still could have been a season ending injury and if bad enough a life time injury

If something comes out and the kid is hurt badly then punish the QB more. But we dont know all the details so I dont wanna "What If".

Guest Aledoalumni
12 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I guess that an aspect that I find particularly galling is that nearly 10 months ago, this very kid had to sit out what was at that time the most important game of his young life because of an injury that he sustained on the field.  You'd think he would have learned something from that...then, again, he might have. 

It's all good. I dont know this kid, I'm not a Celina fan or anything. I just think he made an error in judgement (bonehead mistake) and should be punish accordingly. If the kid has to miss time for the injury I would think it is only fair that that QB has to sit the same amount of time plus the suspension of 2-3 games. If it did turn out that the kid has a serious injury then punish the QB more. Apologize to the kid and coaches. By no means do I think this is no big deal but some people are over the top.

17 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

good post. I myself wasn't trying to downplay what he did, I liked my phrase "1 horrible action" over that guy calling it a bonehead mistake lol, but yeah the scholarship pulling would be pretty extreme too me, but he does deserve a severe punishment but like i said i believe the pulling of scholarships is beyond severe to the point of extremity, but yes this needs to be in the news, it was a "thuggish" action, and schools like Celina like to act like their crap don't stink, and like you said you have people calling other teams thugs for their warm up rituals, well where's the uproar over this? Could it be because celina is predominantly white, and the school everyone was worked up about a dang pre game ritual was predominantly african american? IDK.... but this needs to be exposed, that was some thuggish nasty crap that the QB pulled and he , and his school for being silent, should now be held accountable....... 

13 minutes ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

It's all good. I dont know this kid, I'm not a Celina fan or anything. I just think he made an error in judgement (bonehead mistake) and should be punish accordingly. If the kid has to miss time for the injury I would think it is only fair that that QB has to sit the same amount of time plus the suspension of 2-3 games. If it did turn out that the kid has a serious injury then punish the QB more. Apologize to the kid and coaches. By no means do I think this is no big deal but some people are over the top.

well, i think part of what wos grad was saying, is that you don't punish based off of how injured the victim is lol, you punish him based on how injured he could have been on that move, he could've broken the entire ankle the qb didn't calculate in his mind how bad he was or wasn't about to hurt the guy he was just gunna hurt him, so he needs to be punished as if the ankle was broken in half, because that very well could have happened, so like i said, you take his season, possibly his entire senior year of all sports,but yeah leave the scholarships alone, the schools who offered him them will look into him further, but if they don't find anything else im sure they let this slide, unless it turns into national news or something lol

I just disagree with "bonehead mistake," being applied here. This is beyond bonehead, this is unexcusable, it was pre planned out as you see him look down and think about it. 17-18 year old is old enough to vote, smoke, go to war, so they should know trying to purposely hurt somebody in that fashion has severe consequences.

8 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

good post. I myself wasn't trying to downplay what he did, I liked my phrase "1 horrible action" over that guy calling it a bonehead mistake lol, but yeah the scholarship pulling would be pretty extreme too me, but he does deserve a severe punishment but like i said i believe the pulling of scholarships is beyond severe to the point of extremity, but yes this needs to be in the news, it was a "thuggish" action, and schools like Celina like to act like their crap don't stink, and like you said you have people calling other teams thugs for their warm up rituals, well where's the uproar over this? Could it be because celina is predominantly white, and the school everyone was worked up about a dang pre game ritual was predominantly african american? IDK.... but this needs to be exposed, that was some thuggish nasty crap that the QB pulled and he , and his school for being silent, should now be held accountable....... 

Damn those white people at it again.

2 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Damn those white people at it again.

LOL i'm white. i guess this is too sensitive a time for some of you with the election going on to insinuate that a team who was called thugs for doing nothing, who happened to be all black, and a team who had a guy basically commit aggravated assault in front of thousands of people who was all white got called nothing, that maybe it was because of the difference in demographics of the teams involved. maybe it wasn't , i just said it makes you wonder , what's the difference here? maybe there are other differences, but it's not racist or profiling to state a fact that one of the differences is in fact the racial make up of each team lol that's just a fact right there, not saying its the only difference and the only reason or that it is even a reason at all.

A thug is a thug no matter the "color" of his skin.  What he did was be a cowardly thug.  The kid needs to be suspended for sure, own up to his behavior in public, and make a public apology at the very least.  It will speak volumes as to what actions the coaching staff and the parents of this kid take.

If it were my kid, he would've had to have done all of what I mentioned, plus he'd have a whooping of all whoopings at home.  I would wear his butt out with a belt.

Guest Aledoalumni
51 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

well, i think part of what wos grad was saying, is that you don't punish based off of how injured the victim is lol, you punish him based on how injured he could have been on that move, he could've broken the entire ankle the qb didn't calculate in his mind how bad he was or wasn't about to hurt the guy he was just gunna hurt him, so he needs to be punished as if the ankle was broken in half, because that very well could have happened, so like i said, you take his season, possibly his entire senior year of all sports,but yeah leave the scholarships alone, the schools who offered him them will look into him further, but if they don't find anything else im sure they let this slide, unless it turns into national news or something lol

So in deciding all punishment we should assume the worst possible outcome and punish them for that? Lmao get out of here. You punish based off the result and intent. Yeah he clearly meant to hurt the other player but prove to me he meant to break his ankle. I'll wait. 

Guest ECBucFan

In the not too distant past, a high profile EC player -- a QB -- had a hurt ankle. He walked around in a boot for a week, but when game time came, he played. The Ankle injry was well known at the time. After a tackle by a rival player, the player reached out, grabbed the hurt foot and twisted it 90 degrees in plain view for everyone to see. Where was the uproar then?     

broken ankle or no broken ankle the intent was still there to harm the kid, in a stadium with cameras everywhere in front of thousands of people. 

We can debate the punishment for ten years and will never come to an agreement, but if this kid is not punished and held accountable for his actions (intentionally or reckless) then Winter I hope its not you or your daughter standing next to him in a dark alley when he has another judgment lapse or bone head move. 

27 minutes ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

So in deciding all punishment we should assume the worst possible outcome and punish them for that? Lmao get out of here. You punish based off the result and intent. Yeah he clearly meant to hurt the other player but prove to me he meant to break his ankle. I'll wait. 

yeah that's how the law works, if you pretend to hit someone with a baseball bat, but you accidentally hit them, the law states that the question is "did you intent to swing the bat at all" if it is found that you did intend to swing the bat, that's assault, even if you and the guy were best friends and witnesses said it was a joke, it was an accident, it doesn't matter because the question is not "did you mean to hit him or hurt him" it's simply did you mean to swing the bat and if you did you are guilty of assault. That's of course if that person pressed the charges or the state picked up the charges, i get they might not in my fake scenario of the two people being best friends, but in Texas that is how the law reads, they will decide if you meant to jump on the guy, if you did , you are guilty of assault, you punish him for assault, and jumping on his leg is assault, whether the ankle breaks or not ? it is the exact same crime.

22 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Definitely a punk arse move that needs some form of punishment. I will say though that if that was aggravated assault then Ndamukong Sue should have been locked up a long time ago.

i mean by law if we are in the street and i jump on you or harm you any way physically then that is assault i didn't know the rules changed when on a football field , that's the nfl he got fined he got suspended , but in high school football i dont see a difference in that and the street assault is assault 

33 minutes ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

let me word it into a different scenario for you, your 16 year old daughter sneaks  out, steals your car, attends a college party, gets drunk,  drives home, and you catch her, she was lucky enough to not crash the car, get caught illegally drinking, hurt anyone on the road, so when she gets home you simply don't punish her? Or do you punish her because she COULD HAVE killed someone, COULD HAVE gotten in trouble with the law?? I personally would punish her just as much as if she would have gotten arrested for the DUI

Guest ECBucFan
8 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

i mean by law if we are in the street and i jump on you or harm you any way physically then that is assault i didn't know the rules changed when on a football field , that's the nfl he got fined he got suspended , but in high school football i dont see a difference in that and the street assault is assault 

Huge difference for sporting events.. Every football block or tackle is therefore "an assualt". Are you going to prosecute boxers, for example? Thats malicious, "aggravated assualt", X100 or more.   

5 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

let me word it into a different scenario for you, your 16 year old daughter sneaks  out, steals your car, attends a college party, gets drunk,  drives home, and you catch her, she was lucky enough to not crash the car, get caught illegally drinking, hurt anyone on the road, so when she gets home you simply don't punish her? Or do you punish her because she COULD HAVE killed someone, COULD HAVE gotten in trouble with the law?? I personally would punish her just as much as if she would have gotten arrested for the DUI

Well if that ever happens just have your drunk daughter sit in your car behind the wheel and call the police. Once they get there she will be punished appropriately.