2016-17 TABC State Rankings, updated Feb. 20 (FINAL)

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

LaMarque

(10-14)

Losing record and they are number 5 in state. Can someone explains this to me? Are they really that good and have played a tough schedule or overrated. 

They were very good when Silsbee played them. Also played Bellaire tough. But I think they have had several players leave the team since then. 

2 minutes ago, DXTR said:

They were very good when Silsbee played them. Also played Bellaire tough. But I think they have had several players leave the team since then. 

i heard that many quit the team. A losing record and in the top five in state. Someone must know something I do not or see.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

LaMarque has had 2 players quit (1 starter). Another was booted from team (non starter).

#1 Madison at 11-9 has probably played the toughest schedule in 3A, with LaMarque having played the 2nd toughest.

I have no problem with them being ranked #5 with a 10-14 record.

What would you give a pointspread on a Buna and LaMarqurqe matchup?

On 1/17/2017 at 6:30 PM, tennisbc said:

i heard that many quit the team. A losing record and in the top five in state. Someone must know something I do not or see.

The Lamarque ISD was shut down & taken over by another school district, Texas City I believe.  It is probably hard to field a stable basketball team when the ISD itself is unstable, or non existent.