What Teams win go deep in the playoffs

WOS36

12 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Vidor will not get out of the first round no matter who they play.

With Vidors slot to and miss direction run style always gives team's more than they can handle the first two quarters...if the team they play can't stop the run by the 3 quarter they will loose. Teams that play Vidors style in our district have every year to adjust..team's outside our district have 2 quarters. I predict 2 deep for Pirates

6 hours ago, Pirate fan 85 said:

With Vidors slot to and miss direction run style always gives team's more than they can handle the first two quarters...if the team they play can't stop the run by the 3 quarter they will loose. Teams that play Vidors style in our district have every year to adjust..team's outside our district have 2 quarters. I predict 2 deep for Pirates

Seems like I saw on post that said BH ran the Slot T for several years.  If so, that would explain why they shut Vidor down.  But, as I understand it, Vidor made adjustments after that game.  Still, I'm not sure the Pirates could overcome the deficit from the first game.  Crosby couldn't handle it the one time Vidor faced them, and it would surprise me if they can now.  They might out score Vidor, but can't see them stopping the Pirate offense.

I have a hard time seeing Vidor getting passed the first round.  There best case scenario is playing BH again and we know what happened the first time they met up.  I understand the argument is that they made some changes but losing by 34 seems far fetched.  I am also pretty sure BH is going to be better than that 1st game.  I would love to see that rematch though.  

7 minutes ago, easttexiasbias said:

I have a hard time seeing Vidor getting passed the first round.  There best case scenario is playing BH again and we know what happened the first time they met up.  I understand the argument is that they made some changes but losing by 34 seems far fetched.  I am also pretty sure BH is going to be better than that 1st game.  I would love to see that rematch though.  

I think they'd have a better chance with Crosby.  It's one of those "matchup" things.  Also know that Crosby would love to get revenge.  Heaven help them if they lost again.  That whole town would be on Prozac :) 

7 hours ago, dme1111 said:

I believe only 3 will make a good run

Memorial, WOS, Newton.  

No one else in our immediate area has the talent to run deep.  I do believe that 22-5a takes 3 of 4 in the first round.  

What about Liberty? I know im a homer, but the way you worded that "no one else has the talent" well in our case 4A division 2 has very little talent as a whole, and our region specifically is probably the least talented region in 4ad2 outside of WOS who liberty wouldn't have to play till the 4th round. IMO since the talent is watered down, and liberty does have some talent, I'd say the panthers do have the talent to make a run in 4a division 2 in this region. 

On 10/18/2016 at 10:34 AM, The Goat said:

I've been saying this  since that game. Manvel  purposely  took out  Romar! A finger to the eye  on first  defensive  series, plus he was wearing eye  shield. We owe Manvel! That wasn't an  accident. 

This is the hidden content, please

Man don't sit up here and lie like that. Manvel didn't purposely take out anyone. This is why Romar went down. Romero was & still is a beast. Romar faced someone that was big, strong and nasty! I'm pretty sure he knew that from the linesman challenge or powerlifting meets. Manvel flat out beat PAM... just like we will do in round 2,4 hell we can play round 1 if y'all want to. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:43 AM, TexasPanther2012 said:

What about Liberty? I know im a homer, but the way you worded that "no one else has the talent" well in our case 4A division 2 has very little talent as a whole, and our region specifically is probably the least talented region in 4ad2 outside of WOS who liberty wouldn't have to play till the 4th round. IMO since the talent is watered down, and liberty does have some talent, I'd say the panthers do have the talent to make a run in 4a division 2 in this region. 

I will be at the Liberty / WOS Fest next Friday night! Gotta see for myself....besides, only about 12 miles from my house. OC is the smallest in the state.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:45 AM, REBgp said:

Seems like I saw on post that said BH ran the Slot T for several years.  If so, that would explain why they shut Vidor down.  But, as I understand it, Vidor made adjustments after that game.  Still, I'm not sure the Pirates could overcome the deficit from the first game.  Crosby couldn't handle it the one time Vidor faced them, and it would surprise me if they can now.  They might out score Vidor, but can't see them stopping the Pirate offense.

BH ran the Wing - T similar to what we used to run and what Angleton runs. You can run multiple pass formations from that set. We run a true Slot - T with a tight formation line which is a little different. Purists such as Dubois rarely pass from this set. BH stopped us because we had the wrong personnel in the wrong places on both sides of the ball; the changes were made the week before that game. We still managed 350 yds of offense and was in their red zone 3 times in the first half but couldn't punch it in. Maverick came in to play QB in the second half and we scored. Saturday after the game, Jeff and his staff made wholesale changes to the team and the rest is history. I truly believe the outcome of a Vidor / BH game would be a little different if we played today.

4 minutes ago, Finesser said:

Manvel jock riders , smh , is there a " greater" Houston board you can annoy ?

I'm not a jock rider... I live in Manvel. My son played for Manvel and my friends are coaches. Plus y'all the ones that mentioned Manvel. Crying/lying about the playoff game. 

5 hours ago, songone said:

This is the hidden content, please

Man don't sit up here and lie like that. Manvel didn't purposely take out anyone. This is why Romar went down. Romero was & still is a beast. Romar faced someone that was big, strong and nasty! I'm pretty sure he knew that from the linesman challenge or powerlifting meets. Manvel flat out beat PAM... just like we will do in round 2,4 hell we can play round 1 if y'all want to. 

6"3 310 and runs a 5.4 that is flying for a big boy. Barring a fluke Manvel will take region 3 just a great football team with talent and coaching.